Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:34:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ICO could be more successful if it wastn't banned by most Social Medias.  (Read 108 times)
@oweljayr (OP)

Activity: 215
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:35:32 PM

The token sale or the Initial Currency Offerings has been successful since 2013 as per my research out of curiosity regarding cryptocurrencies.  It had it's success until 2017 but probably due to scams being associated to cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, it began to subside a bit.  ICO struggle I guess due to banning of their advertisements in most social media like Facebook and Twitter.  With regards to that banning, I could say that Bounties and Social Media campaigns could be treated as replacements ads for every ICO's success.  Just my perception.
cryptowolfsu

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

Despite media blockage ICOs  are more successful than they were  last year in terms of raising funds( 3 x more than ly ) and in terms of quantity. But they
are very poor in realisation of the projects and many of them are  failing or have already failed. For bounty hunters in fact it was good news that facebook and twitter
not supporting ads as they become more important in advertising the ICOs. Hopefully more appreciated as well in the future.

heritage35

Activity: 462
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:09:38 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2018, 06:29:39 PM by heritage35

This might not be an outrightly fact. It is far more beyond the ban placed on ICOs ad on social media. That aside, despite the ban, there are still some ICOs that place ads on social media platforms such Facebook and Twitter. I just finished participating in a bounty campaign that had one of its campaigns on these two platform, which means that ICOs ads are not yet outrightly banned. Also, that ICOs advertise or do not advertise on Facebook and Twitter does not totally determine their success. There is more to it.
hokyman

Activity: 230
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:16:23 PM

the ban on cryptocurency advertising by Facebook and Google is indeed quite influential on the development of ico projects. this was done because there were many frauds which claimed the ico project. So, now the bounty hunters are the mainstay to promote it. Wink
Thefrolly

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:06:08 PM

Maybe if every other ICO project wasn't a scam than social media sites wouldn't have banned the Crypto ads. The social media platforms can't let scammers scam their users and not do anything. There was going to be a backlash today or tomorrow and the ban was good for the Crypto markets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
tycsols

Activity: 812

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 07:10:32 PM

I think most of the social media and internet giants have lifted the ban to promote icos and crypto projects, the ban was merely due to scam or fake ico projects complains and also spamming of those ads, i hope social media will still use some filters and fake icos should not be allowed to advertise.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
RoftheN

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:39:10 AM

The token sale or the Initial Currency Offerings has been successful since 2013 as per my research out of curiosity regarding cryptocurrencies.  It had it's success until 2017 but probably due to scams being associated to cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, it began to subside a bit.  ICO struggle I guess due to banning of their advertisements in most social media like Facebook and Twitter.  With regards to that banning, I could say that Bounties and Social Media campaigns could be treated as replacements ads for every ICO's success.  Just my perception.

Well have you thought that maybe ICO Ads wouldn't be banned if there weren't so many people using ico ads to scam people on social media sites. I am not a fan of the bans but we have to face the fact that the scams were affecting the image of the cryptocurrency market negatively too. Even though they would make more money from not being banned it is for the greater good.
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:43:04 AM

Indeed, the promotion of projects that carry out good ICOs can certainly be seen from social media. The enormous impact on ICO promotion conducted on social media can make the ICO a success. But other things also affect the success of the ICO. Like Articles / Blogs, it's also a good promotion for ICO success. And all of that came back from the background of the project itself.

Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

Banning by social medias like Facebook has not been successful as far as i know. The reason why many ICOs has not been successful lately maybe because investors are already fed up by these scam ICOs that are spawning everywhere and they are already afraid to lost their money so they are more careful now on where to invest.
StGermain

Activity: 224
Merit: 14

QuickX ICO

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:48:35 AM

The performance drop is unrelated to media add and other situations, it is about the technology requiring some time to mature and get the big money backers it needs.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: