Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:51:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin after 5 Halving - 10 years from now - What will be its price?  (Read 548 times)
ukloon

Activity: 798
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 11:31:20 AM

The ETF hype is useful for now as it gives hope of a bull run while we wait for the main event which is of course the bitcoin halving. From the charts we can see that it is definitely heading for 6 figures, so just keep collecting for a couple more years while the market is down

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:58:26 PM

I think we are forgetting the miners fee as well. So if  the volume of transactions goes up as much as the loss of the halving than the price doesn't need to double. By logic if there was no transaction fee than the price should have doubled or at least miner costs should have doubled and that should affect the price. However if the transaction number goes up by 2020 or anything above that than the miner costs would not double and they will make that money from the transaction fee as well and that way miners can still make their money from it without doubling their costs.

Hence, I think it is important to check how much transaction fee is paid everyday, if you see the number going up steadily than the price will not increase (at least not double even if it increases a bit). All this considered I doubt the price would change drastically during halving periods.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:02:16 PM

Yes, its important to take the tx fee into account too, however if at some point transaction fees in a bitcoin block increase to the point they can compete with the new minted amount, it would mean Bitcoin get some real usage and adoption. And, I want to stress again, that factor (adoption and usage) is way more important for the price, that those new minted coins and block reward halvings.

... this space is not for rent ...
kronos123 (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 04:52:54 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2019, 02:58:04 AM by kronos123

All those graphs make absolutely no sense, and the question itself is more of rhetoric, as things are driven by huge amount of different unrelated factors, while you take into account only couple of them.

The mining "dump" is the least important of the Bitcoin price drivers, and so the halvings have more of psychological effect, if any at all.
How one could draw all those 'scientific'-looking graphs based on a single unimportant factor and based on the old behavior, especially for such long time period, when
 - you don't even know which events can happen during that period in world politics
 - you have no idea how strong the USD will be during that period, and whether it will retain its buying power at all

People who talk much about BTC price vs USD, are mostly those who perceive USD as something of big and stable value. Which it is not.
If you necessarily need to talk about Bitcoin price, at least take gold as a base currency.

If we want to be honest with ourselves then all the graphs do not make sense because we are only looking at the past, and there is no guarantee for the future.

Moreover, according to me, mining dump is the most important factor for the parabolic growth of bitcoin prices, because up to 27 months ago we had 3600 Btc available every day, while in about 18 months we will have 900 Btc per day, and yet within 10 years we will have ONLY 225 Btc every day; what's even more important is that in 2028, over 97% of all the bitcoins that have ever been available have already been extracted in 2028.

There are over 16 million people in the world who have a legacy of over
$ 1 million (in 2016) ..... how many of these do you think will want to own at least 1 Btc, and how much will they be willing to pay for it?

Finally it is obvious that we can not and have not taken into account events beyond our logical analysis; it is obvious that if a world war breaks out it can change everything, as it is also true that if a solar flare arrives it fry all of them, or even a meteorite that leads us to the stone age, etc.

I would say to focus on events and forecasts that we can work out with a certain logic, consistent with the mathematical models and the statistics that we have available today, always considering that the analysis and study of the graphs and past events is not guarantee and certainty for the future.

That said, as I said in a previous post, I personally see bitcoin in 10 years from now under $ 100 or over $ 1000000, depending on any event external to it, and unpredictable for any analyst.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 09:53:02 AM

Moreover, according to me, mining dump is the most important factor for the parabolic growth of bitcoin prices, because up to 27 months ago we had 3600 Btc available every day, while in about 18 months we will have 900 Btc per day, and yet within 10 years we will have ONLY 225 Btc every day; what's even more important is that in 1028, over 97% of all the bitcoins that have ever been available have already been extracted in 2028.
Less block rewards isn't necessarily less selling pressure on the market with how the price keeps increasing.

If you look at the ratios based on fiat, which is what actually matters here, 12.5BTC block rewards at current levels means more selling pressure than 25BTC at $1000, and this can be taken back to 50BTC rewards easily.

The price has always compensated the 50% reduction in block rewards throughout the years, and that by orders of magnitude. We're at a point at which miners are forced to sit on their coins, meaning that there is too much supply.

Sure, they could be unloading some of their coins to OTC market makers (which I think is already happening), but that's definitely not enough to consistently have a buyer for every single coin they mine.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 11:05:30 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2018, 02:35:49 PM by drays

If we want to be honest with ourselves then all the graphs do not make sense because we are only looking at the past, and there is no guarantee for the future.
Sure. All the extrapolation graphs and even more generally - any quantitative analysis - are just mind exercises, something to keep your intellect busy with. 99% of them will always turn false. I believe one can make some qualitative analysis though, with more chances for being correct.

Moreover, according to me, mining dump is the most important factor for the parabolic growth of bitcoin prices, because up to 27 months ago we had 3600 Btc available every day, while in about 18 months we will have 900 Btc per day, and yet within 10 years we will have ONLY 225 Btc every day; what's even more important is that in 1028, over 97% of all the bitcoins that have ever been available have already been extracted in 2028.
There are over 16 million people in the world who have a legacy of over
$ 1 million (in 2016) ..... how many of these do you think will want to own at least 1 Btc, and how much will they be willing to pay for it?
Well, sure you are entitled to your opinion. As BitHodler (posted above) noted, less BTC dumped does not equal to less USD pressure, so these seeminly logical calculations turn to be not that relevant.
My take on this is based on long-time observations on other PoW crypto coins. In general alts give us a unique possibility to study possible models for BTC performance, as some of them have shorter lifecycle (due to different block times, different block rewards, etc) and they have passed already many halving periods. "Alts" are kind of "alternativa e history" one could learn on. But that is a different topic I would not elaborate on.

What I have actually observed on alts - sure, constant mining pressure has distinctive effect, which expresses itself in constant suppression and slow price decrease during "idle" period. However all that is diminished by price moves done during development times - when a considerable improvement or adoption takes place. As a result the miners dump just makes an opportunity for a believer to buy cheap at the times when seemingly nothing happens... BUT if there is a development and continued adoption, effect of mining pressure is practically negligible compared to price movement caused by those factors. The "if" in the previous sentence is a big one, but I really hope in case of Bitcoin I can count on those two factors being present.

Finally it is obvious that we can not and have not taken into account events beyond our logical analysis; it is obvious that if a world war breaks out it can change everything, as it is also true that if a solar flare arrives it fry all of them, or even a meteorite that leads us to the stone age, etc.
As you surely understand, I was not talking only about this kind of events. There are many macroeconomic events, which affect the fiat price drastically. The world is boiling. Probably living where I do, I am less prone to consider the world stable. I have seen a whole state (empire) crashing around me, when people were sure it is going to be there forever.
US struggles to keep its dominance, and with competitors rising in te east, it would have hard time keeping USD worth of anything.

I would say to focus on events and forecasts that we can work out with a certain logic, consistent with the mathematical models and the statistics that we have available today, always considering that the analysis and study of the graphs and past events is not guarantee and certainty for the future.
Heh, I've done those exercises a lot back then, while studying in university. Quite entertaining, but not much more than that...

That said, as I said in a previous post, I personally see bitcoin in 10 years from now under $ 100 or over $ 1000000, depending on any event external to it, and unpredictable for any analyst.
Not sure about exact numbers, but - yes, this is hard to disagree with. I would consider this more of a qualitative prediction though, despite of the fact there were numbers used Smiley

... this space is not for rent ...
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
November 02, 2018, 12:20:17 PM

Bitcoin after 5 Halving - 10 years from now - What will be its price?

It is funny how many replays but no one actually tried to answer the question. 

Price will be over $1 million and new bull run will start forming that will push it further.
kronos123 (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
December 08, 2018, 07:15:23 PM

Bitcoin after 5 Halving - 10 years from now - What will be its price?

It is funny how many replays but no one actually tried to answer the question.

Price will be over $1 million and new bull run will start forming that will push it further.

True, I asked myself too and I do not understand why nobody or very few try to give a possible future quotation Huh

Bottom till new year will happen on 27th November and it will be $3876.

Lets hope that will also be a bottom of this cycle and we will not need to wait till next year for that. We all know how long Bitcoin will go sideways after reaching bottom.

I read your prediction elsewhere in which you guessed almost the exact $
I hope for all of you that even your prediction here in 1Btc => $ 1000000 can come true Wink
If so, I'll make a transfer $ 1,000 at your bank account Grin Grin Grin Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: