Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:22:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Cex Has Frozen Your BTC! Not to be Trusted  (Read 34979 times)
mindfox

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Donate to put a smile on my face :)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 05:03:25 PM

Well, once more I see people rushing into putting labels...

Can any of the "accusers" give me the address of a single computer software that is "secure"?

Please bare in mind that owners of small exchanges are the ones who helps new coins arise. Whether they will be a success or not... that's another story. But at least they have a chance, due to small exchanges.
Do you want huge reserves and instant payment (instant? well, that's another story...) for your funds/coins/fiat? Try the big exchanges. But, then you should go and play with the big guys, with the known coins.

So, instead of giving all small exchange owners a million reasons to stop providing their services, we should be trying to assist them anyway we can.
Did c-cex stole anybody's btcs? Not that I know of. At least a dozen users I know in that exchange, never had a problem with their transactions there.
Did c-cex kept anything in secret? No and he took responsibility (which is what means "trust") and promised to recover everybody's btc amount.
Is the owner of c-cex a reach man (btc wise)? I can't answer that, but I'm gonna give him the time needed to fulfill his promise instead of trying to spread rumors of "untrustfull" service, etc...

If I remember correctly, we are a community. We need each other in order to succeed, right? Pointing fingers is not what I would call "community", is it?

For what my opinion counts, I vote for c-cex and will give the owner the time he needs to recover my btcs.

I hope others will do the same, so that - at least - we won't make his work even harder than it is now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
frazersbitcoins

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:10:52 PM

Can any of the "accusers" give me the address of a single computer software that is "secure"?

Please bare in mind that owners of small exchanges are the ones who helps new coins arise. Whether they will be a success or not... that's another story. But at least they have a chance, due to small exchanges.
Do you want huge reserves and instant payment (instant? well, that's another story...) for your funds/coins/fiat? Try the big exchanges. But, then you should go and play with the big guys, with the known coins.

So, instead of giving all small exchange owners a million reasons to stop providing their services, we should be trying to assist them anyway we can.
Did c-cex stole anybody's btcs? Not that I know of. At least a dozen users I know in that exchange, never had a problem with their transactions there.
Did c-cex kept anything in secret? No and he took responsibility (which is what means "trust") and promised to recover everybody's btc amount.
Is the owner of c-cex a reach man (btc wise)? I can't answer that, but I'm gonna give him the time needed to fulfill his promise instead of trying to spread rumors of "untrustfull" service, etc...

If I remember correctly, we are a community. We need each other in order to succeed, right? Pointing fingers is not what I would call "community", is it?

For what my opinion counts, I vote for c-cex and will give the owner the time he needs to recover my btcs.

I hope others will do the same, so that - at least - we won't make his work even harder than it is now.

Well said...C-cex was doing a great job until this happened and admin is doing all he can to try and get back on track and with a bit of loyal support I am sure he will do everything he can.
deerough

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:11:35 PM

SlidingHorn, I suggest you just keep quiet for now.  You don't want to become the person known to have caused Lojack to change his mind.

You're all right...how dare I object to my money being stolen and be angry with those responsible.

I'm such a douche.

I agree with u. U are being a douche now. Most of us have moved passed our anger and frustration because we now now what is going on. Nothing like this can be solved immediately. Nothing we can do but wait and ask for updates. If in the end u don't think your balances are what they should be then support will review. You are not the only one affected and your attitude will only bump u lower in the list.
TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:11:49 PM

+1 for what I think is probably the most intelligent thing said so far in this thread...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:18:19 PM

99% of the members will appreciate you returning what you can and the other 1% are just too stupid to realize you could have just gone on a nice long holiday instead of staying up all night trying to send back as much as you can.
People make mistakes, things happen and its how they respond to them that counts and you are doing the right thing so a big thumbs up from me.

+1
SlidingHorn (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:21:05 PM

Well said...C-cex was doing a great job until this happened and admin is doing all he can to try and get back on track and with a bit of loyal support I am sure he will do everything he can.

This is where I think you guys are all incorrect.  He has NOT done "all he can".  

"All he can" would have included at least ATTEMPTING* to secure a loan to repay people.  He has not done this.  Everyone could have been paid by now.

*TribalBob brought up the point that no one would lend to a hacked exchange - I disagree.  If shown what steps were taken to secure the site, I have no doubt that, given collateral, a loan could be secured.  Either way, it would have been preferable for the admin to at least TRY.

I'm keeping (somewhat) quiet - Only chiming in again when people feel the need to tell me how I should feel / react to my money being stolen.  You guys can be as dismissive about it as you'd like - I'm not wound that way.  Sorry.

SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:21:36 PM

SlidingHorn, I suggest you just keep quiet for now.  You don't want to become the person known to have caused Lojack to change his mind.

You're all right...how dare I object to my money being stolen and be angry with those responsible.
I have no problem with you objecting to your money being stolen or being angry.  But I assure you that if you focus that anger in a way that causes Lojack to change his mind, you're going to have a bad time.

I'll give any one of you my home address....get some.

SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

Go ahead and PM that to me in case you can't control yourself in this delicate situation.  Your name would be appreciated as well since you're so forthcoming.

Thanks.

Done...feel free to let me know when to expect you.  

Bring your kevlar.

EDIT:  lol @ you thinking I'd be afraid of you.   Roll Eyes

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:09:17 PM

lojack - Which tumbler service did you use?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
00ph8al

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:12:14 PM

I'm such a douche.

People are asking you to stop making things worse.  You're blathering is actually hindering the process of you (and the rest of us who have lost more) receiving your coins back.

The fact that you keep running your mouth without any patience is what makes you appear to be a douche.

blajde

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:13:31 PM

[18:34:39] Blajde ッ: any news on why my withdrawal doesn't work?
[18:35:02] C-CEX.com: You need to fill BTC credit back then withdraw
[18:36:34] Blajde ッ: how do I do that and what does that mean?
[18:37:08] C-CEX.com: You used that BTC. I returned Your DRK - so give back those BTC
[18:40:51] Blajde ッ: but mate, that's not possible.. I don't have any btc I only have DRK..and you want me to trade at this lower fee and lose 25% of my value so I can withdraw my less valueable DRK because of a misstake you had in your code? Telll me what grounds are you basing this on?
[18:43:23] C-CEX.com: so change DRK to BTC
[18:43:30] C-CEX.com: You had that BTC didn't You
[18:45:46] Blajde ッ: by most lawbooks it points toward you taking the hit here even offering your own money to finalize all trades. The users are not to be blaimed or even held accounted for the hole in your code. Using the revert system is unfair. What about those people who bought high in the wave due to the fraud? The lost money, and how are they compensated for their loss?
[18:46:00] Blajde ッ: Check my order history and tell cause I can't make it out

Blajde: I have -0,53BTC and made a trade inbetween freezing of funds.. I traded my btc for a higher price than the current. So now I am stuck with less DRK than I need to convert to BTC to get my leess valuable DRK out? is that a joke?

Support: @Blajde, You get exactly You had. And we ask to return exactly You take

Blajde: @Support, that would only work if you could revert my trade at 0.0016 ? otherwise it is my loss.. Now I have to wait for DRK to rise in value to get my DRK out?

----- the silence continues

SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:14:59 PM

I'm such a douche.

People are asking you to stop making things worse.  You're blathering is actually hindering the process of you (and the rest of us who have lost more) receiving your coins back.

The fact that you keep running your mouth without any patience is what makes you appear to be a douche.

Pay attention dude...I've been pretty quiet for a while now.

lojack

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:17:48 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:50:22 AM by lojack

00ph8al

Activity: 30

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:19:11 PM

I'm such a douche.

I call BS... you've replied to everyone.  Even those not talking to you. 
TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:23:04 PM

[18:37:08] C-CEX.com: You used that BTC. I returned Your DRK - so give back those BTC
[18:40:51] Blajde ッ: but mate, that's not possible.. I don't have any btc I only have DRK..and you want me to trade at this lower fee and lose 25% of my value so I can withdraw my less valueable DRK because of a misstake you had in your code? Telll me what grounds are you basing this on?
[18:45:46] Blajde ッ: by most lawbooks it points toward you taking the hit here even offering your own money to finalize all trades. The users are not to be blaimed or even held accounted for the hole in your code. Using the revert system is unfair. What about those people who bought high in the wave due to the fraud? The lost money, and how are they compensated for their loss?

Blajde: I have -0,53BTC and made a trade inbetween freezing of funds.. I traded my btc for a higher price than the current. So now I am stuck with less DRK than I need to convert to BTC to get my leess valuable DRK out? is that a joke?

Support: @Blajde, You get exactly You had. And we ask to return exactly You take

Blajde: @Support, that would only work if you could revert my trade at 0.0016 ? otherwise it is my loss.. Now I have to wait for DRK to rise in value to get my DRK out?

If it was earned from the fraudulent tx's and you withdrew it or traded it, your missing balance will stay as it is until you reach a n even or positive balance by trading and/or depositing since you have already received the BTC and withdrew it or otherwise used it.

You can't expect to have your DRK returned to you AND be allowed to keep the BTC earned from those tx's as well...

As far as the difference in prices, this is the most fair option to all parties involved since the exchange can't realistically be expected to return funds that it does not have. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
trogdorjw73

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:23:37 PM

So my particular sale of DRK for BTC has been reversed and I have the DRK back. Thankfully I wasn't buying DRK with BTC or I think I may have ended up with a bunch of DRK and a BTC deficit? Anyway, the refunding of my DRK and removal of my BTC went through okay, except the BTC reversal didn't account for the exchange's 0.2% trading fees, leaving me with a small negative BTC balance. Given we're only talking about $6 or so, I'm not too concerned at this point, but C-CEX you'll want to pay attention on any remaining reversals and ensure you don't reverse more than was taken.

SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:26:38 PM

I call BS... you've replied to everyone.  Even those not talking to you. 

I'll rephrase - I've not been complaining / talking shit for a while now - with one exception, and it was a sidebar not involving the admin or "the person who had the coins"

blajde

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:28:16 PM

If it was earned from the fraudulent tx's and you withdrew it or traded it, your missing balance will stay as it is until you reach a n even or positive balance by trading and/or depositing since you have already received the BTC and withdrew it or otherwise used it.

You can't expect to have your DRK returned to you AND be allowed to keep the BTC earned from those tx's as well...

As far as the difference in prices, this is the most fair option to all parties involved since the exchange can't realistically be expected to return funds that it does not have. You can't squeeze blood from a turnip.

I am not.. All I am saying is that if you revert trades over a period of time you have to do it for all trades during that time period since all trades are entangled.

I accept that I didn't make any profit, I accept that I have to wait for unreasonable long time for my funds to be cleared, I accept that trades are reverted

But I don't accept that I have to spend more time, be dependent on market, sell at a loss, lose on transaction fees just to get my old valued funds out?

It's just not ok
frazersbitcoins

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:29:16 PM

So my particular sale of DRK for BTC has been reversed and I have the DRK back. Thankfully I wasn't buying DRK with BTC or I think I may have ended up with a bunch of DRK and a BTC deficit? Anyway, the refunding of my DRK and removal of my BTC went through okay, except the BTC reversal didn't account for the exchange's 0.2% trading fees, leaving me with a small negative BTC balance. Given we're only talking about $6 or so, I'm not too concerned at this point, but C-CEX you'll want to pay attention on any remaining reversals and ensure you don't reverse more than was taken.

If you message support and the rest of the transactions were all OK then I am sure he will fix your minus btc for the fees.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:53:43 PM

What is it with this "community" in particular that always leads to the words "fraud" or "scam" or "fake"?

C-Cex has always done an outstanding job with handling transactions and doing the fair thing in the event of an issue. They have never buckled under pressure and have always owned up to any mistakes or issues. Is it aggravating to be put in a position where you have a currency tied up (or possibly in a lesser value state). Of course it is. Its inconvenient, its uncomfortable and most of all its scary but that doesn't change the fact it happened and it has to be fixed. This is a risk we all take trading on site such as this and its one that we have all accepted by trading on these sites. This isnt the first site to have some sort of issue and its not the last but (in most cases) they are not out to scam or defraud anyone and are simply trying to provide a useful service to those seeking the services they provide.. Calm down.. be patient and everything will work out in the end.

C-Cex keep up the good work. We know you will fix the issue and will ultimately do the right thing. You always have!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: