Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Cex Has Frozen Your BTC! Not to be Trusted  (Read 34979 times)
ExD

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:19:54 PM

Got back my drk that was sold during this event(my limit order was hit), support was responsive and tried to minimize demage. No insane profits, but at least don't have losses except inability to trade for some time. Hope exchange will solve the rest of the problems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

CryptoCurrency EXchange: https://c-cex.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 07:28:15 PM

except inability to trade for some time. Hope exchange will solve the rest of the problems.

Thank You! Why don't You able to trade?

SlidingHorn (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:29:44 PM

What is it with this "community" in particular that always leads to the words "fraud" or "scam" or "fake"?

Seeing things like this on an almost daily basis doesn't help:
69.5 BTC

(sorry...had to)

C-Cex has always done an outstanding job with handling transactions and doing the fair thing in the event of an issue

I just disagree here.  To be frank, the guy who took the BTC has seemingly done more to bring resolution to C-Cex's customers than the site admin himself.  

I guess I could go on and on about how differently I'd handle things, but I still can't get past the fact that no attempt was ever made to secure a loan, etc.

Things are in the works...I get it.  I'm waiting much more patiently than before, but I still feel it's a legitimate criticism.

ExD

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:41:44 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 07:54:06 PM by ExD

except inability to trade for some time. Hope exchange will solve the rest of the problems.

DRK were "sold", and BTC were frozen, so I couldn't trade during the drop, just accepted it. You've done a great work so far to remedy the situation.

TribalBob

Activity: 1288
Merit: 257

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:49:17 PM

I believe he is referring to the inability to trade during the time his account was frozen...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:55:23 PM

Anyone have an update on the status of the BTC going through the tumbler at this point? 

It's been quite a while now.

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:57:15 PM

Anyone have an update on the status of the BTC going through the tumbler at this point? 

It's been quite a while now.

As of ~90 minutes ago lojack was still waiting on BTC from tumbler.

lojack - What is the status of ~200 LTC waiting to be returned...?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
lojack

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:08:08 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:50:48 AM by lojack

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:17:23 PM

Haven't been able to gain access to those LTC's, it looks like there is still 91 in the balance. Only thing is I made the account with a throw away email, and can't reset my password or username because the email is passed it's 24hour expiration date. I am still awaiting the tumbler funds as well. I'm really sorry about all of this nonsense everyone.

You can't access the account, but you can tell there is still 91 LTC in it...?

At any rate, contact the exchange's admin, explain the situation and provide the information you signed up with (especially if it's info only YOU the owner could know).

Offer to make another small deposit to the account using an address you control and have used to deposit to that account before or offer to use "signmessage" from the Litecoin address you used to deposit the coins so you can prove ownership and gain access to the account.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
lojack

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:20:15 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:50:59 AM by lojack

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:22:52 PM

How I found out there is 91 ltc, googled ltc blockchain, copied and pasted address that ltc were sent to, and it said the balance has 91.14 http://block-explorer.com/address/LYDCvgmBR5oAs5oSMbRHPdR84KGeas2qb9, and ok i will

Thanks, I (and I'm sure MANY more of us) appreciate that!

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

ccex, any truth to the rumor that you are selling recovered DRK to compensate people missing BTC?

Pretty sure the only coins that C-CEX is selling are MINTs and that was decided after asking the users of the exchange what should be done with the MINTs that lojack provided to the exchange.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
lojack

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:56:01 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:51:15 AM by lojack

SlidingHorn (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:58:01 PM

Ok really, people are talking about doxing me, that is fine with me, I will tell everyone what happened who asks, fact is I can't return things I don't have access to, so please tribal short save everyone the suspense and dox me, I will continue to wait for funds but in the mean time dox me because really i'm ok with it.

I had said that yesterday when it wasn't clear yet to me what was going on.  Since you've been actively responding, I can't really say that would be necessary or (seemingly, at this time) deserved.

I don't know of any other dox suggestions besides my own yesterday...

Edit:

I hadn't seen the chat box on C-Cex.  I think they'd only consider it if the issue didn't get resolved.  People were more willing to attack me for insulting you than to attack you, yourself - I think you're safe.  Hell, already one member has my address and may be expected for dinner  Cheesy

TribalBob

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:59:14 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 09:11:18 PM by TribalBob

lojack - All I will share is this (edited for your privacy):

Code:
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 30:85:a9:07:**:** 
          inet6 addr: fe80::3285:a9ff:****:****/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:419 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:256 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:1
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:77048 (77.0 KB)  TX bytes:37129 (37.1 KB)

Also:

Mr ****,

I'd love to have a chat with you sometime about the state of the VUIT merger. I recently moved on from ITS to a position with Yahoo!/Tumblr and really hated to make the move but with the state of the environment there I, like many others, felt I had no choice. The road ahead of you is going to be very rocky as there is a very real animosity between the two departments. I fully agree with you that this has been a long time coming and definitely needs to be done and there will be many issues. There is one that I hold dear and I am bringing it to your attention so that a grievous disaster might be averted.

I was a Network Operations Analyst(noc monkey) for the university side and had the opportunity to help out on the openDCIM project that was started by a former manager of the University data center, Scott M******. OpenDCIM has become one of the leading datacenter information management tools in the industry today and I honestly believe it would be a disaster to lose V********* as a consumer. OpenDCIM started out with the goal of tracking the assets in the University data center and has evolved into a fantastic management tool for power tracking and planning as well as network connection management. We've currently got confirmed installs in more than 30 countries and are actively working on new features regularly. Before I left there were rumblings as to all homegrown software packages were going to have off the shelf solutions found and used as replacements. I hope that when it comes to the datacenters openDCIM will not be lumped into the homegrown solutions pile and be evaluated fairly. openDCIM has been vital to the university to allow for agile transitions in the datacenter layout and much of what we have done the last 5 years would not have been possible without it.

I understand that there is some hesitation on where to get support and how much it will cost to support it. There isn't an easy answer but the most common is it will cost you the time of some of your unix staff to maintain the existing mysql servers as they do now and occasionally apply an update when we release them. The updates are purely optional but we have been trying to add new features with each release. I personally am willing to donate my time to support V******** on any critical issues that it might have, but if you need a line item for support I charge $50/hr consulting time. The data is documented and open to any other custom reporting needs that people could possibly want and there is no charge per datacenter. With our recent additions to allow zoning and containers it is possible to have multiple datacenters in a single install. We are looking to release 3.2 in the coming weeks which will add in realistic device views for the cabinets. This feature as trivial as it seems is one that many people have asked for and sets us apart from the many commercial products that cost tens of thousands of dollars.

I'd love to talk to you about the mass exodus of people you have surely noticed from the IT group but I am afraid there isn't much you can do to fix that situation immediately. I wish I could have had this chat prior to leaving N******** but since I worked overnights I wasn't ever able to attend your round tables or any of the all hands meetings.

Sincerely,

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
lojack

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:10:52 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:51:45 AM by lojack

defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:11:20 PM

smh so sad.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

Ok I really don't understand any of that, have no idea actually. Really, I have no hacking skills whatsoever this whole thing was as follows tried to withdraw btc, btc withdrawal error please contact support, pressed the back button, tried again to withdraw again, bam multiple btc. So really I am asking you to Dox me cause frankly I've spent alot of time trying to remedy this(still trying) stay up very late, waking up very early to fix it, and everytime I go quiet it is oh know he better not mess up or I'll dox him, what is doxing me going to do anyways, wow public shame big whoop I can handle that, police report for bitcoins I don't have access to big whoop I can handle that too, so really I have nothing to lose in this situation, I'm  not ashamed of a websites incompetence nor am I ashamed that people's greed and ignorance(myself included) decided to hold large amounts of funds on said website, I'm not ashamed of myself for trying to recoup everything once I realized what happened. So I ask you please dox me or continue to make threats of doxing me it really does not matter to me.

come on, your average joe isnt making accounts with throw away emails and using onion services to tumble ill gotten btc. Idc what you are trying to do, its what you did and what you do that makes you who you are.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
lojack

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:22:21 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2014, 02:52:01 AM by lojack

c-cex
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 09:26:34 PM

ok and your average joe is using a crypto currency period, your average joe doesn't know what a bitcoin is, but yea you are right, our mistakes define who we are, so that is fine you feel like that, like I said i've been very transparent in this whole situation, I do regret that I made a mistake, but I am not ashamed at how I have followed up and tried to handle it.

Do You have updates on BTC ? Should people count on them?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: