Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:36:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help connecting my 200ghz Avalon clone to my router!  (Read 2601 times)
jones36819 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:23:04 PM

I am a newbie.  Any help would be apprecited and I am happy to contribute some coin once up and mining.

I purchased a used Avalon 200 ghz clone.  After may tries, I was able to get connected to it via a direct ethernet connection.  I am in the CG Miner program.  I have loaded my pool values, etc, but am having a heck of a time figuring out how to connect it directly to my Arris cable router/modem.  I am sure it has something to do with setting it up as DHCP, but have still had no luck.  When I plug it into the router, I get a solid orange instead of green light and can't go out and browse and find it.

I did connect wirelessly (didn't know this miner had that feature).  I am sure it is not really mining.  It does show some activity on the "Real Time Graphs" log, however, the Mining stats page shows no activity.

Any help woudl be greatly appreciated.  I know time is of the essence.  I want to buy more/bigger rigs, but need to make sure I can get this one up and running so hopefully, it will at least pay or itself!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
solidtom

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:59:55 PM

Need a little more information here.  What type of FPGA does the clone have exactly?
Can you connect to the internet otherwise?
When you access your router information, there should be an ARP log that shows all the IP addresses that have been assigned.  If you are using the FPGA I think you are using, type the IP address in the ARP log that is not your computer into your browser, and the avalon configuration should come up.  click on the cgminer configuration tab and type in your pool info.  then click on the save and apply button (kind of tiny button in bottom right) and this will save your settings.  then click on the cgminer status and is should show that you are hashing.
jones36819 (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 04:09:09 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure what FPGA means.  Let me know and I will get back with you.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 04:19:57 PM

Thanks for the reply.  Not sure what FPGA means.  Let me know and I will get back with you.

Field Programmable Gate Array.
Essentially, its mining chip.
scratchy

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 10:26:39 PM

Hello,

If you connectected your computer directly to your miner and were able to access him:

Thats a good start Smiley.

First of all it seems youre using a cross-over ethernet cable, this one cant be used to connect your miner to your router.
You have to get a patch cable.

If you have done this:
- Connect your computer (with cross-over-cable) to your miner
- Connect to the webinterface
- Choose DHCP in network settings
- Click Apply/Submit or something like that
- Restart your mining engine
- Connect your Mining engine with your router with a patch-cable!

After that your Miner gehts a dynamic ip (from your router), you have to search for him, if thers no display or something on it, which shows his ip.

This is how it goes:
First You have to check out your computers IP.

On windows -> Start -> cmd -> ipconfig
On Unix/MacOS -> Terminal -> ifconfig

Youre ip should be properly something like

192.168.0.*
or 192.168.1.*
or 192.168.178.*
or 10.0.0.*

after you found your ip lets say its 192.168.0.20, then try to reach your miner with adding one to last part of the address for example:
if this doesnt work go on

If you reached the web-interface again you successfull connected your miner to your network Smiley

Let me know if it worked ! Smiley

- Administrator of MuPool.com -
MuPool.com a profesionell stable Multi Coin Pool (BTC,DRK,LTC,DOGE,PPC,FTC,TIT)
jones36819 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:46:55 PM

How would I find out what my FPGA is?  Is there somewhere in the mining software I could find this?  This the strange thing.  I am connected to the miner right now.  I can connect to it through my network.  I am connecting wirelessly, so maybe that is the issue, but I have the ability to change the mining software, I just cannot get it to begin mining.  It appears to be sending and receiving data on the wired connection, so not sure what is going wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 06:23:34 PM

How would I find out what my FPGA is?  Is there somewhere in the mining software I could find this?  This the strange thing.  I am connected to the miner right now.  I can connect to it through my network.  I am connecting wirelessly, so maybe that is the issue, but I have the ability to change the mining software, I just cannot get it to begin mining.  It appears to be sending and receiving data on the wired connection, so not sure what is going wrong.  Any help would be appreciated.

Are you connected to a pool?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: