Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:57:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Check my new BTC-e client for Android  (Read 1603 times)
weneedmorespace (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:40:01 PM

Hi community,

Drop of olive oil to everybody! I've made a simple and lightweight client for BTC-e exchange, you can find it here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuarkLabs.BTCEAndroid

I'll be more than happy if you try it and give your feedback since it's my 1st app for Android (>= 4.0) (what is done well, what's done bad, what you would like to add, etc.). I promise all the bugs will be fixed shortly.

P.S. One more thing: I know, that everybody has its own opinion regarding BTC-e (good or bad), but please, there is no need to discuss this exchange at this topic, just think that it's an app for "one of Bitcoin exchanges".

Thanks!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:47:20 PM

0 posts, unregulated play store, seems legit to me!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:51:32 PM

I'll go ahead: no, it cannot steal your money =) Because API keys on BTC-e have no withdrawal functionality. And this app doesn't require login\password from your account, just API keys (for a part of app functionality, not mandatory). Maybe I'll push the sources on GitHub later, but first of all I should make code to look beautiful, now it "just works".
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:47:31 PM

You might not be able to steal my money, you are able to infect my phone.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 08:56:46 PM

0 posts, unregulated play store, seems legit to me!

hehe Smiley
you know - all of us have to start one day Smiley

but it is quite risky I must say
weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:09:57 PM

You might not be able to steal my money, you are able to infect my phone.

Well, it's impossible to make that with only Internet permission (my app requires only it). To make any harmful actions app should have more permissions (such as read-write external storage, read contacts, etc.). So one should check every app permissions before installing it (it will be more than strange if a simple reader asks for an access to your contacts, right?). Anyway, posting to bitcointalk is a free and effective (I think) way to promote the app - that's why I made this post.
ijl53

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

CyptoLong

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:35:29 PM

Im going to check it out. Everyones skeptical and they have a right to be, though they should not be so quick to refute. But next time you release something, know we like to know everything about the software under the hood. So in other words be prepared for these type of comments and have an answer in your original introduction of the app/software. We do not want to make such a stupid mistake by downloading an app on my phone that can steal my BTC. I have no BTC on my phone your app only requires network access and i trust Api keys. So thank you for your contribution to the community!

weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:11:01 PM

Im going to check it out. Everyones skeptical and they have a right to be, though they should not be so quick to refute. But next time you release something, know we like to know everything about the software under the hood. So in other words be prepared for these type of comments and have an answer in your original introduction of the app/software. We do not want to make such a stupid mistake by downloading an app on my phone that can steal my BTC. I have no BTC on my phone your app only requires network access and i trust Api keys. So thank you for your contribution to the community!

Yep, I understand these concerns, also because I've used 3rd part clients too, and I'm ready to answer any questions regrading my app.
weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 11:05:34 PM

Update: v. 1.0.1 released - price widgets added + bugfixes
ron_

Activity: 840
Merit: 276

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

Give this guy a chance, he wasted time to build a software and that is all what you people had to say (you will steal our money!)

if you don't trust this guy then simply and 'silently' don't use his software. and if you used it and lost your money then and only then you have the right to speak. otherwise be helpful and test the app for that guy as he was helpful and built it for u!

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:49:15 AM

As for now, app has >100 installs and nobody claimed it's stealing money (once again - it's not possible with API keys) or harming the phone somehow. I would like to say, that v.1.1 is released: re-design, Orders Book added + Market Depth chart. With that version I have nothing else in my TO-DO list (unless I receive any users feature requests) and will concentrate on improving existing features and prepare to upload the code on GitHub (I think it will be done in a month or so).
weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:17:31 PM

The stupid thing has happened: I accidentally lost a key for signing APK file. And since per Play Market policy the same key should be used for signing all application APKs, I can't update my app. So I had to unpublish the old  one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuarkLabs.BTCEAndroid, and publish the new one under the different name https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuarkLabs.BTCeClient.

So please uninstall old version and install the new. Sorry for the inconvenience. But there are good news: I've added new pairs, fixed some bugs and code is almost re-factored for uploading to GitHub.
weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:20:34 AM

New version 1.2 released: new icon + bugfixes, it can be found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuarkLabs.BTCeClient. Also I've uploaded its source code at the GitHub: https://github.com/0xnm/BTC-e-client-for-Android
And as little bonus, I've made a simple BTC-e client on JavaFX: https://github.com/0xnm/BTC-e-client-for-JavaFX
You can use both of them safely.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

anyone tried this out yet ?
btc-e is my fav exchange.. all tho my password is like 64 characters so i dunno if i can be bothered typing it in each time.. hmm spose i could use keepas.

anyways, who is gonna test er out for us ?

weneedmorespace (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:06:52 PM

anyone tried this out yet ?
btc-e is my fav exchange.. all tho my password is like 64 characters so i dunno if i can be bothered typing it in each time.. hmm spose i could use keepas.

anyways, who is gonna test er out for us ?

Please note, that this app is not using login\pass, but API keys instead, because this scheme provides better security for the end-user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: