Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:37:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PTS] February 28th Bitshares X Snapshot!  (Read 8503 times)
CLains (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:14:32 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 12:31:15 PM by CLains

28th February Invictus Innovations will take a snapshot of the PTS blockchain which will entitle all PTS holders at this point to a stake in Bitshares X due to launch on the Ides of March. You can also secure a stake in Bitshares X by donating via Bitshares AGS.

Bitshares X is a decentralized bank and exchange that will include assets such as bitUSD, bitGold, etc. that track the price of USD, Gold, etc. We'll have to wait and see how well the technology works, but the potential is huge. Visit the Bitshares forum for more information.

Update: Check out the new BitShares PTS & AGS Snapshot Explanation Video with Daniel Larimer

Update 2: Here's a rough calendar of the snapshot process for Bitshares PTS and AGS.

Feel free to send me a message if you're wondering about anything.

Disclaimer: PTS is a fair chunk of my portfolio and I am not affiliated with Invictus. If they decide to make an official announcement here, feel free to delete this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CLains (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:17:06 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 10:30:45 AM by CLains

I was drawn to Invictus purely by being interested in their ideas from articles such as The Three Laws of Robotics, Is Bitcoin Overpaying for False Security? and DACs That Spawn DACs.

More recently the updated Bitshares X whitepaper was released. They also recently released their February newsletter, worth reading for those interested in the progress of Invictus as a company. They also recently got a new website in connection to their attendance at the Miami Bitcoin Conference. Here's a video of a three-way panel with Daniel Larimer and a representative of Mastercoin and Ethereum at that conference. The website will be revamped and improved within the next month.

Both Daniel Larimer and his father Stan Larimer have been extremely open and published all their ideas. Daniel Larimer helped set the bounty for the most popular Bitcoin video ever made.
lily3241

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

PoSToken

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:32:28 PM

thank you for your saids

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
fuznuts

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:02:01 PM

thank you for your saids

Definitely CLains.  Good job showing the way for people so they have a way to protect our Decentralized crypto market with a REAL Decentralized Crypto Exchange.
CLains (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:33:28 AM

Lol. Awesome. Smiley
obzbluejeans

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:55:28 AM

http://s9.postimg.org/yzv7qpvrj/usernot.jpg
CLains (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 12:26:37 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 02:50:47 PM by CLains

Decentralized exchange ftw Grin
Sundasher

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:44:03 AM

Could someone explain to me what I have to do before Feb. 28?  I have PTS in my cryptsy account right now.  I know very little about programming, mining, protocols, etc.  I bought them because their potential sounded good, even to a non-techie like me!  There really needs to be some easy to follow guideline and instructions for non-IT guys to figure out what to do here and with things like safe storage (my biggest worry).  Thanks for any feedback. 

I'm downloading and sync-ing the windows PTS client right now and will transfer the PTS there when done.  Is this all I need to do for now?
Coindgr

Activity: 1034
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:58:03 AM

Could someone explain to me what I have to do before Feb. 28?  I have PTS in my cryptsy account right now.  I know very little about programming, mining, protocols, etc.  I bought them because their potential sounded good, even to a non-techie like me!  There really needs to be some easy to follow guideline and instructions for non-IT guys to figure out what to do here and with things like safe storage (my biggest worry).  Thanks for any feedback. 

I'm downloading and sync-ing the windows PTS client right now and will transfer the PTS there when done.  Is this all I need to do for now?

Yes, and wait for the BTS X wallet. Almost out

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
.Anonymous and Untraceable.
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
CLains (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:30:26 AM

Could someone explain to me what I have to do before Feb. 28?  I have PTS in my cryptsy account right now...

I'm downloading and sync-ing the windows PTS client right now and will transfer the PTS there when done.  Is this all I need to do for now?

Yes. Once your PTS is in your private wallet you just have to wait for the snapshot to be taken. Once the snapshot is taken your private wallet (key) has an associated number of Bitshares XT.

Note that you can't claim these shares until Bitshares XT is launched (around The Ides of March (15th)). Also note that you don't lose your PTS when the snapshot is taken. You can do whatever you want with your PTS after the snapshot, as long as you keep the private wallet (key).

By the time Bitshares XT launches there will be several user-friendly guides to help you claim your shares. If you have any other questions feel free to send me a message.

Sundasher

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:44:04 AM

Thanks!  Its probably much less complicated than I thought but I needed some certainty.  Withdrawal taking longer than expected but should complete shortly.
fuznuts

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:43:42 PM

Decentralized exchange ftw Grin

Yeh...Wall Street is going to be pissed.  There are definitely dangers that go along with this, but I say let it happen.  These corrupt fascists, it seems, must learn yet again that human ingenuity can be bludgeoned to within an inch of death, but a spark will always ensue...a phoenix to burn them all to embers. 

Apparently these guys have never read a history book...

Teach them this lesson again crypto-community!
CLains (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:24:04 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 12:27:41 PM by CLains

Done! Value of PTS is now transfered to Bitshares X, which will launch in 2-3 weeks time.
lzr1900

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:33:19 AM

Awesome.I liked the idea of Bitshares X
xeroc

Activity: 345

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:49:25 AM

I'm all in  Grin
tangboysomeone

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

hello

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 01:25:34 PM

出了pts又出ags,出了ags又来bts

CLains (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:58:56 PM

I'm all in  Grin

Bold. I salute you for your bravery. Cheesy
betax

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 02:58:34 PM

You can easily check your balance of BTSx now.

You can either:

Genesis
You can look /download and search for your addresses manually in the genesis
https://raw.github.com/betaxx/BTSXBalance/master/genesis.json

If you have many addresses, this tool can help you.

BTSx balance tool (no wallet required)

I have created a very simple alternative version to  check your BTSX balance without using your wallet/s. It just extracts the addresses from the output of "listaddressgroupings" or from a comma separated file and matches them to the genesis.json.

If you have lots of addresses in your PTS wallet and/or multiple donations to AGS from PTS / BTC this will make your life much easier.

Javascript version, nothing to install
Just go to the website and check your balance.
http://bitbalance.azurewebsites.net/

.Net version (windows, mac and linux )

Github source and usage
Code and usage can be found here:
https://github.com/betaxx/BTSXBalance

Compiled version
A .net compiled version can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ahri1d61zd1fc6r/BTSXBalance.zip, it runs in windows and linux / mac using mono

Example of usage:
List Address Groupings
On Bitshares-PTS or Bitcoin-QT go to debug and type "listaddressgroupings"
Copy the output for BTC on "addressGroupingsBTC.txt" and for PTS on "addressGroupingsPTS.txt"
It should look like this:

Code:
[ [ [ "12CLxa1B5V3ywxFaP7Qb5GUPF9kB7q48n4", 0.18279316, "mul2" ], [ "18wh9z4o2NWSVJijiX6CcBLXYhPdahmbKk", 0.00000000, "mul1" ] ] ]

Comma separated file
If you already know your addreseses, or use another client like "Multibit" just simply create a text file named "addressesCommaSeparated.txt" and type the addresses separated by commas

On a side note, my balance is what I was expecting Smiley
Have fun..
CLains (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:03:13 PM

You can easily check your balance of BTSx now.

Awesome. Great work betax.
CLains (OP)

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 08:19:49 AM

Anyone who donated via Bitshares AGS can now check their Bitshares X balance here on the AGS explorer by clicking on "balance" and entering the address you donated with with!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: