Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A discussion of truthHurts post about slush's pool  (Read 13219 times)
bobR

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 09:30:08 PM

Why did my machines get all their results early
and I never get one at the end
Let's consider the possibilities:

1. slush hates you, and is cheating you.  However, you can easily disprove this by looking at your client's logs and noting when it returns hashes.

2. Your deity hates you, and is causing you to be unlucky.  Blood sacrifices should fix that.

3. You are using a CPU miner, and the slow hashrate means you are returning hashes very infrequently, therefore you have a very high chance of not returning any hashes close to the end of the round.  Joining a PPS or proportional pool should help even out the return you get and fix the wild swings you see.

Let Occam's razor decide...

4 WTF it worked before

5 you are a troll

I vote number 5

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bobR

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 09:36:41 PM

Oh, I just found a mistake in the pool source, bobr:

Code:
def add_score(worker, score):
    if worker.owner.username == 'bobR' and random.randint(1,6) > 1:
        return
    worker.score += score

soory, it's fixed now Smiley

Disclaimer: this is a joke

sorry slush was not ment to slam u
just bad luck I guess

fyi the disclaimer didn't show till i tried to answer
cdhowie

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2011, 09:40:04 PM

just bad luck I guess
I find it very amusing that you call me a troll and then essentially agree with my post. Cheesy

Tips are always welcome and can be sent to 1CZ8QgBWZSV3nLLqRk2BD3B4qDbpWAEDCZ

Thanks to ye, we have the final piece.

PGP key fingerprint: 2B7A B280 8B12 21CC 260A  DF65 6FCE 505A CF83 38F5

SerajewelKS @ #bitcoin-otc
bobR

View Profile
March 27, 2011, 10:06:41 PM

just bad luck I guess
I find it very amusing that you call me a troll and then essentially agree with my post. Cheesy

That's the problem
you are a Troll  ... contribute nothing useful to the discussion
then you draw your own conclusion

I DID NOT agree with you

My answer was to Slush ...  not to you .... you still are troll ... non contributor to the problem
you took my answer to slush and tried to turn it / use it for your benefit / purpoise
TROLL

can you get that Huh
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 12:18:18 AM

Why did my machines get all their results early
and I never get one at the end
Let's consider the possibilities:

1. slush hates you, and is cheating you.  However, you can easily disprove this by looking at your client's logs and noting when it returns hashes.

2. Your deity hates you, and is causing you to be unlucky.  Blood sacrifices should fix that.

3. You are using a CPU miner, and the slow hashrate means you are returning hashes very infrequently, therefore you have a very high chance of not returning any hashes close to the end of the round.  Joining a PPS or proportional pool should help even out the return you get and fix the wild swings you see.

Let Occam's razor decide...

4 WTF it worked before

5 you are a troll

I vote number 5

He is not a troll by anymeans, he is clearly contributing to the argument/conversation Dont turn this thread into a flame war Nobody needs it
TrollsTrollingTrollsTrollingTrollsTrollingTrolls

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
theGECK (OP)

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2011, 03:39:28 PM

So...this isn't a discussion about slush's pool payout methods and the best ways to maximize payout by minimizing luck based reward strategies.

I think that the accusations given by truthHurts have been discounted by everybody. Sound like a good summary?

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
geebus

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 02:58:06 AM

So...this isn't a discussion about slush's pool payout methods and the best ways to maximize payout by minimizing luck based reward strategies.

I think that the accusations given by truthHurts have been discounted by everybody. Sound like a good summary?

I wouldn't exactly say it's been "discounted" per se, as I see no solid evidence aside from a denial has been presented to discount the claims... but thats merely arguing semantics Smiley... it seems the discussion is essentially over though, if thats what you mean.

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 03:30:02 AM

I wouldn't exactly say it's been "discounted" per se, as I see no solid evidence aside from a denial has been presented to discount the claims... but thats merely arguing semantics Smiley... it seems the discussion is essentially over though, if thats what you mean.

TruthHurts's main evidence was based on bug in blocknum (on stats page) and then on tracing wrong wallets in blockexplorer. The fact that my miner didn't find a block for few days isn't any evidence at all Smiley.

I think I said pretty solid reasons why I'm not stealing blocks, at least not in proposed way. Also, as many people can see, not only my pool has problem with detecting block numbers Wink. So this discussion is definitely over for me.

geebus

Activity: 258

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2011, 09:05:52 AM

TruthHurts's main evidence was based on bug in blocknum (on stats page) and then on tracing wrong wallets in blockexplorer. The fact that my miner didn't find a block for few days isn't any evidence at all Smiley.

I think I said pretty solid reasons why I'm not stealing blocks, at least not in proposed way. Also, as many people can see, not only my pool has problem with detecting block numbers Wink. So this discussion is definitely over for me.

I was just being a smartass...  Wink

Feel like donating to me? BTC Address: 14eUVSgBSzLpHXGAfbN9BojXTWvTb91SHJ
theGECK (OP)

Activity: 411

View Profile
March 29, 2011, 03:28:23 PM

Since everything that people want to say has been said, I'm going to lock the thread.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: