Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:41:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TaxiCoin - An Alternative Cryptocoin For Taxis Everywhere  (Read 7809 times)
sly5am

Activity: 582
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:53:16 PM

I add notes but stil not  sync..

can u give us wallet that works ?
zip it and post it Smiley

This wallet works fine after adding nodes.

florianuhlemann

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:23:34 PM

Syncs fine with me.

Got you guys a nice pool - one with a custom design Wink

http://p2poolcypherfunk.cloudapp.net:24242

URL: stratum+tcp://p2poolcypherfunk.cloudapp.net:24242
USER: your_own_wallet_address
PASS: 123

enjoy and give some support to the taxicoin network!
jaideep1000

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:20:25 PM

Net Hashrate just went up a little. This seems like a good sign.
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:09:16 PM

I could possibly list this coin but if you are waiting for coinedup I understand.  www.cryptoaltex.com, launched live beta today.

Good luck guys, taxi's are fun.  You never know how cool your driver is going to be.

+1 to list on this exchange. I know it's in beta, but this site already looks like it's going to be sleek. I like the market drop downs from the top. Keep it like this please! It is so annoying having to scroll down 3 or 4 pages on most other exchanges....
jaideep1000

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:53:13 AM

thats a +1 from me too. We need an exchange fast
tabnk

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:16:10 PM

WHO Calling Taxi Huh??  Cheesy
TaxiCoin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:17:49 PM

Hey guys we are working with the CryptoALtex devs to get TAXI listed asap. Was hoping it would be up last night but they want to make sure their servers are solid to handle coins being added at this stage for them.

We will keep you posted here or check out our twitter feed for news on the listing and our other efforts to get TAXI listed asap.

- TAXI COIN team
tabnk

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:35:57 PM

MINE MORE !!!!! Smiley.
capthowdy31

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 02:12:50 AM

Hey guys we are working with the CryptoALtex devs to get TAXI listed asap. Was hoping it would be up last night but they want to make sure their servers are solid to handle coins being added at this stage for them.

We will keep you posted here or check out our twitter feed for news on the listing and our other efforts to get TAXI listed asap.

- TAXI COIN team

Any updates on getting this listed on CrytoALtex?
sly5am

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:13:28 AM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 05:24:34 AM by sly5am

- TAXI COIN team

Any updates on getting this listed on CrytoALtex?

Doubt it.. taxi.allpoolz.com is stopping their pool, and I noticed the hashrate has dropped to only 6 mh/sec.  when the pools start closing its not good. Too bad, I believe the future is not only in bitcoin but special purpose alternate currencys like this one and REddcoin where the base trading currency is bitcoin. It seems that is a possible direction of crypto currency, making perfect sense that a secure fast transaction exchanged with a secure currency will only make this new industry safer and stronger.

TheFiendishOne

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:38:33 AM

as a cab company owner in duluth, mn i would love to see this coin flourish.  I already accept bitcoin for taxi rides... there's just not much of a bitcoin market up here.  I'm using my website to spread the word.

Here's my address: TLWe8bjKFkByXoQQSBrmwx56mqiEb8AcVn

sly5am

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:03:26 AM

as a cab company owner in duluth, mn i would love to see this coin flourish.  I already accept bitcoin for taxi rides... there's just not much of a bitcoin market up here.  I'm using my website to spread the word.

Here's my address: TLWe8bjKFkByXoQQSBrmwx56mqiEb8AcVn

This coin is useless unless it can be traded on an exchange. the OP needs to get an exchange to accept it.

jsimnz

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:31:28 AM

Taxicoin is getting listed on CryptoAltEx very soon, dont worry all. Keep the TAXI
TheFiendishOne

Activity: 147

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 06:48:27 AM

TaxiCoin seems to be still in very preliminary stages... Lots of work still to be done.  I wondered when taxicoin will come into existence ...

tabnk

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 12:42:43 PM

Any exchange interested ?
eLeMe

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:22:13 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2014, 05:34:15 PM by eLeMe

I like new coins as much as the next miner does, but as a former cab driver I don't see this coin going far. Drivers want CASH, plain and simple. Sure most taxis accept credit cards, but most drivers will make up 1000000 excuses to get cash instead. CC's carry hefty fees and the money earned cannot be spent immediately, which a driver may need for food/gas/etc. Also, drivers are self-employed. It's not the cab companies you need to convince to accept coins, it's the drivers.

Best of luck with this, but I don't see the value in it.
sly5am

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 10:47:30 PM

I like new coins as much as the next miner does, but as a former cab driver I don't see this coin going far. Drivers want CASH, plain and simple. Sure most taxis accept credit cards, but most drivers will make up 1000000 excuses to get cash instead. CC's carry hefty fees and the money earned cannot be spent immediately, which a driver may need for food/gas/etc. Also, drivers are self-employed. It's not the cab companies you need to convince to accept coins, it's the drivers.

Best of luck with this, but I don't see the value in it.

Well some of the benefits to using crypto currency is .. you don't need to trust your customer.. the transaction is 100% secure. It can be instantly converted into Dollars or btc and put into a bank account or stored on a bitcoin wallet where it will gain crazy interest. And the biggest advantage is, you cant get robbed of your crypto currency. Of course, unless the crook has a bitcoin wallet and knows your passphrase, or you use MTGOX Smiley  Im sure every cab driver has a bank debit card of some sort.. and do they spend all the money they take in , in a day?? . just saying...

dararel

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:31:15 PM

When Google will launch an unmanned vehicle all taxi companies will go to them and you booking a taxi through your phone will immediately pay in TAXICOIN machine will calculate your location and come to you at this time will be held confirmation your transaction. Such a future may be in TAXICOIN. Think please about future!!! Taxi industry will change as everyone else!!!
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 05:57:39 PM

I do think taxicoin should be a bit more popular than it is right now.

Taxi drivers/companies do share common systems amongst all of them - they even use same cars/colors despite being different companies.. TaxiCoin really has the potential to become a main system of payment that any small cab company can acquire and become part of it - without having to invest into expensive equipment for billing their customers. it's like bus driving/train driving where you can already use easier methods of billing (voucher cards, etc) which are essentially nothing else than taxicoin is.

The taxicoin p2pool does need some hashpower to get it started. It is working - I tested that. And because of the difficulty, we're going to need a couple of miners to get it going - and when it does - it's an awesome method of mining as it has the fun of solo mining without the risk of getting nothing due to pooled mining Wink

If you guys start using this pool, I will be doing a giveaway ( donation ) of taxicoins to all active miners, too - as a method of returning the fees that were kept in. (set at 2% - but due to the way it calculates it, it tends to be somewhere from 0.5% through 1.2% to 1.7%... so usually a lot lower than 2% and with the giveaway you'll pretty much regain all the fees if you stay with the pool)

If you have questions, just let me know.

http://p2poolcypherfunk.cloudapp.net:24242
url: stratum+tcp://p2poolcypherfunk.cloudapp.net:24242
user: your_own_wallet_address
pass: 123
malo7000

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:08:50 AM

Still hoping on an exchange :/
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print