Bitcoin Forum
January 22, 2017, 03:50:18 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Best' Mining Rig?  (Read 756 times)
dollartrader

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:34:15 AM

I'm currently in a situation where I have 'free to me' power. Probably for the next 6-8 months. If I could tuck a rig away in the corner solely for mining 24/7, what should I get?

Would be nice if once the 'free power' goes away, it'll just be a desktop suitable for gaming.

edit to say: I am looking to buy a new desktop, occasionally will be used for gaming although I'm not a huge gamer. So, thought I'd get one now, use it for mining and later would become my primary desktop.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:38:55 AM

Current exchange rates are garbage. If you already have the hardware though, then at current exchange rates and difficulty, you get about $0.25 per 100 mhash per day.

If you don't have the hardware, then, say, a 1 ghash rig will probably set you back I'm guessing $500? At the above rates, it'll take 200 days to make your money back and break even.

dollartrader

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:47:08 AM

Thanks for the quick reply, I edited my original post to say that I am looking at buying a desktop so monies will not be spent solely for mining.

Hadn't planned on getting one yet but if I can snag one now that is going to pay for itself then I may as well do it, just looking for the most bang for the buck.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.