Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 03:31:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie help please  (Read 672 times)
Bittydizzious (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:26:10 PM

I've been following bit currency for a while and always thought about it (and then the price skyrocketed and I kicked myself).

Now with a little extra cash laying around I'd like to give it a go and dive into the deep end possibly and build a mining rig, but not really sure what to look for. I've read a few articles but some of them seem older or just plain contradictive of eachother.

So bitcoins or dogecoins are what I'm after to mine, and I'd be willing to put £700 into a machine, but I'd really like to read up and obviously be informed before I do so, so if anyone could point me to some good articles, give me some tips or explain a few things to me, that'd be great.

Such as, how do I calculate the total power being used by a machine and thus the estimated profit?

Thanks in advance.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 10:31:48 PM

I've been following bit currency for a while and always thought about it (and then the price skyrocketed and I kicked myself).

Now with a little extra cash laying around I'd like to give it a go and dive into the deep end possibly and build a mining rig, but not really sure what to look for. I've read a few articles but some of them seem older or just plain contradictive of eachother.

So bitcoins or dogecoins are what I'm after to mine, and I'd be willing to put £700 into a machine, but I'd really like to read up and obviously be informed before I do so, so if anyone could point me to some good articles, give me some tips or explain a few things to me, that'd be great.

Such as, how do I calculate the total power being used by a machine and thus the estimated profit?

Thanks in advance.

http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator

Smiley that should help I guess
DSL

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:36:25 AM

Thanks in advance.

For Learn with Cloud Mining Bitcoin 24/7 auto, no hardware needed 1 GHS = 0.012 BTC
KLIK HERE
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:56:32 PM

For 700£ you can get an ~2 anrminers!!  Buy some bitcoin on Localbitcoin.com and go to https://www.bitmaintech.com and order one. Sounds like you are in the uk so the import fee is 75 each (or thats what i payed for them when they were 0.999). To calculate the return on these go to https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator
Good luck,
JT
nybbler905

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:39:13 AM

I've dealt with one of the guys associated with Cryptoware and he's in the UK.  Only issues were at either my end or my wallet.
They do BTC, PayPal or credit card  and no, no commission for me, just a happy customer passing them along.

www.cryptoware.co.uk

You may want to get a powered USB hub and start with a minimum of 3 AntMiner U2s  the U1 seems to be out of stock from the manufacturer.

Always looking for donations even as low as 1uBTC
14XfpYPdtYiGoEiDcKrSzuvBM3ukhwANUh - BTC
LS7FEfu9ajp3NQcDjui9TSKscwQesj9i8k - LTC
LHe9g5ixMyfdtqAEHU5vErG1eQrDshBFRW -Luckycoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: