Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:17:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: why do we not have a poverty coin yet?  (Read 1460 times)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:57:31 PM

Nobody wants a poverty coin, we want money to get rich. Wink

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
MysticalPotato

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

Stop the potato genocide!

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 05:37:25 PM

Cant the world's 6 billion support 1.3 billlion in extreme poverty using crypto coins?

every passing day I believe in bitcoin for its power to liberate the poor from capitalist world that cares less about people 'born poor'.

donate a miner to each family in poverty and support the mined 'liberate-coins' by using/promoting them in developed countries

I really feel helpless waking up everyday for not being able to execute this. How can we make it happen?

when dogecoin exists with community support, why not liberate coin...

Food production is not an issue. Global food supply can comfortably feed every man, woman and child on the planet. 40% of the food produced in the richest nation in recorded history, the United States, ends up in landfills, despite the fact that 14.5% of its citizens miss at least one meal a day. India, home to almost a third of the world's hungry (230 mil), loses over 40% of the food it produces annually due to storage and transportation issues.

The key to reducing, nay, eliminating poverty lies with infrastructural development (roads, schools, hospitals, etc.), education (many African countries continues to suffer from collapsed familial and societal structure) and political/religious belief (I don't want to go here right now).

The funding for the first has always been available, the commitment for the second is weak, and the support for the third comes and goes like the tide.

In my humble opinion, humanity will never completely eradicate poverty. This doesn't mean we must stop trying, but realism is always the best defense when confronted with reality.

Meanwhile, on this wonderful Friday, another 25,000 malnourished children will die - just like yesterday, just like tomorrow.

"Politeness induces morality. Serenity of manners requires serenity of mind.” - Julia Ward Howe

Signature space available for a worthy cause
bonbon (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:07:39 PM

Cant the world's 6 billion support 1.3 billlion in extreme poverty using crypto coins?

every passing day I believe in bitcoin for its power to liberate the poor from capitalist world that cares less about people 'born poor'.

donate a miner to each family in poverty and support the mined 'liberate-coins' by using/promoting them in developed countries

I really feel helpless waking up everyday for not being able to execute this. How can we make it happen?

Food production is not an issue. Global food supply can comfortably feed every man, woman and child on the planet. 40% of the food produced in the richest nation in recorded history, the United States, ends up in landfills, despite the fact that 14.5% of its citizens miss at least one meal a day. India, home to almost a third of the world's hungry (230 mil), loses over 40% of the food it produces annually due to storage and transportation issues.

The key to reducing, nay, eliminating poverty lies with infrastructural development (roads, schools, hospitals, etc.), education (many African countries continues to suffer from collapsed familial and societal structure) and political/religious belief (I don't want to go here right now).

The funding for the first has always been available, the commitment for the second is weak, and the support for the third comes and goes like the tide.

In my humble opinion, humanity will never completely eradicate poverty. This doesn't mean we must stop trying, but realism is always the best defense when confronted with reality.

Meanwhile, on this wonderful Friday, another 25,000 malnourished children will die - just like yesterday, just like tomorrow.

every person is part of economy when they have money, so I hope someday everyone gets on-borad the economy. and bitcoin is a step in that direction.. freedom to create a currency if you have support to use it. I hope for future and ignore the reality for now.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:15:30 AM

every person is part of economy when they have money, so I hope someday everyone gets on-borad the economy. and bitcoin is a step in that direction.. freedom to create a currency if you have support to use it. I hope for future and ignore the reality for now.

this can be done only by ignoring the reality, it's cool to think about it but it can't be done  Undecided
it could bring a few people a home and that's a good thing but to exterminate all poverty, can't be done though  Undecided

bonbon (OP)

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:20:45 AM

this can be done only by ignoring the reality, it's cool to think about it but it can't be done  Undecided
it could bring a few people a home and that's a good thing but to exterminate all poverty, can't be done though  Undecided

with time mate
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:30:59 PM

this can be done only by ignoring the reality, it's cool to think about it but it can't be done  Undecided
it could bring a few people a home and that's a good thing but to exterminate all poverty, can't be done though  Undecided

with time mate

you're a bit too optimistic mate Cheesy

btw this is the last huge quote, seriously no more quotes..

itzReverbz

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:50:11 AM

Close enough?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565686.new#new
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:33:27 AM

Poverty cannot be eliminated by monetary support. In fact, monetary support increases the poverty.

If you look closely, you can find that the maximum poverty is prevalent in areas having the maximum population growth. If people are able to control their population, they will get out of poverty. If you give monetary aid, that encourages more population growth, which in turn results in more poor people.
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 11:17:53 PM

Economic success is mostly genetic, with a solid dose of randomness.  There is really no way to eliminate poverty without eliminating those with the genetic disposition to poverty.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: