Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to solo mine flappycoins?  (Read 752 times)
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:14:20 AM

Ive been mining in a pool at 730KH and have earned 250K in flappy coins over the last 24 hours, however i notice i had found 2 blocks, so i guess its still fairly easy to solo mine ATM.
I take it if i had solo mined the last 24 hours, that i could have scored 2 blocks, giving me far more return, rather than spreading it across the pool?
Any ideas?
Thanks

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:27:11 AM

Look into p2pool.  P2Pool give you the math you actually solve straight from the block.

It is like solo mining, but everyone working on the same math.

Www.LocalMiners.com

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:55:21 AM

OK, ill check that out, i thought most p2pool servers had high fees, perhaps not.
My pool has a 2% fee, im thinking of changing.

brooklynite

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:06:14 AM

OK, ill check that out, i thought most p2pool servers had high fees, perhaps not.

I have never been able to set up p2pool, no one actually gives the basic info on how to set it up. Plus apparently P2Pool requires you to install the stupid Wallet for every coin you want to mine which is 1. retarded 2. increases your chances of getting a Trojan from a scam coin by X folds. I just use my exchange pool address.

Switch to flap.hash.so I am mining there and like it a lot. The only pool that lets you switch the coin you are mining on the fly without going to your RIG, you can switch from any web browser like directly from your phone.
nzminer (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:49:28 AM

I have never been able to set up p2pool, no one actually gives the basic info on how to set it up. Plus apparently P2Pool requires you to install the stupid Wallet for every coin you want to mine which is 1. retarded 2. increases your chances of getting a Trojan from a scam coin by X folds. I just use my exchange pool address.

Switch to flap.hash.so I am mining there and like it a lot. The only pool that lets you switch the coin you are mining on the fly without going to your RIG, you can switch from any web browser like directly from your phone.

OK ill look at that, doesnt coinium.org allow mining on the fly also?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: