Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:50:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot a Scams  (Read 11014 times)
FinnethB (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 04:46:46 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 04:49:31 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

as soon as the us dollar measurement disappears,

scams can be spoted when there is no product in development

as long as the us dollar evaluation stays doiminant for distintion between scam and no scam, it wont be easy to distinguish scams from failed rejected or unfinished projects

the us dollar even evaulated shitty projects worse than many good ones

butterflies04

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 04:50:03 PM

I have not read over the telegram channel fully yet but it sounds like a great idea.  I really doubt though that it will be able to eliminate all the scams.  Scammers been scamming since the dawn of time and people have been falling for it time and time again.  Anything in the right direction is greatly welcomed though.  

Yakapo

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 05:58:17 PM

If somebody emailed or called and said they were from the IRS and said you owed back taxes that had to be paid immediately… would you send them money? Believe or not, many people do. The old school method is to have the victim wire money via Western Union or transfer funds to a bank account. Now con men are contacting victims and demanding that victims transfer Bitcoin to their wallet. There’s an easy fix—don’t trust those calls or emails. Legitimate authorities wouldn’t contact you that way – and they won’t ask for Bitcoin, as you can imagine.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:02:29 PM

its hard to know but for me i dont want to join in some icos that have a low members in telegram and not active and the twitter followers is not big or in fb also and if you want to join in some campaigns  try to join in trusted managers so you are protected from scammers try to read also their roadmap and also their partnerships and website.
FlamingFingers

Activity: 1316
Merit: 288

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:46:49 PM

The concept of MyShield is good, however, it still doesn't guarantee that you won't be scammed by a project's ICO. I mean, who/what could predict a sudden scam exit or hack and theft of ICO funds, especially if the project is top-notch and has a robust team?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 06:57:39 PM

What you are doing right this is called one kind of good promotion but this is also one kind of scam to attract the people in the telegram channel dude. I invest on ICO i know my own rules to check the project whether it is legit or not dude.

Please check the white paper and understand whether the blockchain platform is good for that project or not.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 07:48:32 PM

You are talking nonsense, an effort to try to eradicate scams is fine and that is something I could support but to say that you are going to definitely eliminate scams in this market takes away any credibility you may have since that is impossible, just look at society at large, there are very clear laws and punishments against some of the most serious offenses like murder or rape, has that stopped those that commit those crimes? No, do you know why? Because they think they can get away with it.

And in this market that is mostly unregulated where it is almost impossible to know the true identity of the other person that you are talking over the Internet, the scammers are finding a very easy way to make a lot of money, so the easiest way to avoid being scammed by icos is by not investing in icos, it is that simple.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:32:41 PM

Scammers are the ones giving the cryptocurrency community the bad name and at that pushing people away from the community and at the end given the entire system bad image before the public, and the only way we can over come scam is to stop being too greedy and always take our time to study each opportunity before jumping to it.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:36:58 PM

Don't invest in ICO's unless you have a high risk tolerance, even the legit projects have a high chance of failure.  I've read that over 90 percent of ICO's in the past year have ended up failing.  The obvious scams are easy to identify because they usually copy their whitepaper and have fake team member pictures.
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 08:51:46 PM

The saying goes "If it's too good to be true, it probably is"

Keep that in mind when looking into projects, such as ICOs. Also, do some research. Look up the owners previous accounts, try to do some digging. You'll be surprised what you can find within 10 minutes of google searching.

If the owner, or facilitators have a past, it will eventually present itself.

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.
----------------------------------
Luizrosevelt

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:55:02 PM

Sounds like a good idea though I am not persuaded that any scheme or project can really eliminate scam ICOs. Scam is systematic and appeals to predominantly greedy minds more often than not. They over promise and there would always be newbies to fall victims of such schemes. That said, there is also a thin line between a scam project and a failed project
muneeb.zain

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:58:43 PM

It's very hard to spot the scam before you are ruined by it you will realise after you have be scammed that the one has taken your money and there is no one you will blame because you have no one to do it with and you only left with the regret.
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:15:44 PM

It is hard to determine a scam ico before you get rubbed of in your investment but you need to understudy the project through its telegram handles before investment.

You need not to be an early investors too because, staying back a little can save you some heart breaks because you might have learnt somethings from somebody
mazesta

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

if what you mean is how to find ICO SCAM, I have a suggestion, first you have to read their WP, second you check WP and their team. a fake ICO will make a fake team and WP too, so if you find out that the WP or their team is fake, don't follow the ICO project
sam53

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:55:32 PM

If you are an investor, finding out the ICO scam campaign at the moment is very difficult. But to avoid ICO scam, you should invest in ICO at the beginning of the year and at the end of the year because at that time the market is mostly flourishing, so the low possibility of ICO scam projects exists.
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:57:47 PM

You are right, to determine a scam or not it is very difficult. The project you are promoting has a good concept or idea, but I don't think anyone can guarantee to avoid the risk of fraud.
Baimovic

Activity: 1210

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:22:33 PM

Yes, I often participate in ICO scams, even though I am not a big investor, and I am not a professional trader, but it is very detrimental to me.

I've heard about the Myshield ICO, but I've never read about Myshield vision and mission. and it seems very interesting, maybe next time I will visit the Myshield website, and thank you for the information.

ABMARK

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:59:59 AM

Its seems to be very good idea for me. Scam is methodical and appeal to predominantly greedy minds more frequently than not. Some new comer face prolem they become victim. So I suggest more carefull about this project.
swftlu

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:25:07 AM

This is hard to find. With the rapid advancement of science and technology, the means of fraud is becoming more and more sophisticated. It is hard to prevent people. I personally do a lot of research before investing, and invest carefully and carefully. I suggest that as long as the greed is not overly Will be easily cheated
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: