Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:28:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot a Scams  (Read 11020 times)
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 11:13:40 AM

Although MyShield is useful for the crypto community, it does not help to avoid scammers by 100%.
A S Valentina

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:00:09 PM

First of all, if someone contacts you or if you come across any posts that tells you to send crypto in exchange you will get double the amount, never fall for it. Never go for any posts which tells you to disclose personal information or to give identification of the wallets. These are all traits of scammers.
dulce dd121990

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:18:53 PM

I think many scams have one thing in common, that is, their white papers are plagiarized, because scamers can't write their own white papers, and they don't bother to take the time to write a complete and feasible white paper.

But i think there are some scammers also that has a complete white papers in their ICO. Anyone can make their own whitepaper if they want to look like a legit ICO. I am a victim of that also. I thought it was real since it has a whitepaper but unfortunately NOT.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
pithenclacke

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:21:30 PM

There is no rule of thumb for detecting scam coin at the first time. This will require experience and expertise of the investors to understand this. Most probably try to avoid new project if you’re new in this market.
Raraybe

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

Before find out ICO scam you need to study their WP and also check their team. Because mesh ICO create a fake team. If you understand this WP and team is not true then ignore this ICO project.
Mayonerak

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:19:44 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM
Myshield is good project that can help minimize those fake projects whose goal is to scam people in the entire crypto. I'm hoping that this will be a success in the future to conbat those scammers.
Found bt

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:20:55 PM

This is really true that detecting a scam coin during the ICO stage is very difficult. There is no hard and fast rule for identifying such coin. Try to invest in the reputed and reliable coin like bitcoin if you are new in this market.
Toildrairrur

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:24:00 PM

It's a good notion. But it will be better if you briefly explain how its gonna eliminate and destroy ICO scam projects. So that we can we can gain trust on it and join in there.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM
One of the easiest ways to detect a scam is to look at the people behind the project. What you want to look for is third party validation of the people behind the project. Look at their LinkedIn Profile and pay particular attention to Skills and Endorsements and Recommendations. If someone is claiming to have been in the business world for a number of years and they have not accumulated a number of endorsements or recommendations then their profile is likely fake.

FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:27:31 PM

It’s very difficult to find out ICO scam. For avoid ICO scam you can invest starting of the year or ending of the year. Because at these time in most cases market become flourishing. So you can avoid ICO scam.
Regardless of the time, there are many ICO scams. The beginning of the year or the end of the year is the same as in the middle of the year. It is best not to invest in ICOs if you do not have a dedicated team looking for good ICOs. Try to invest in these altcoins to ensure certainty. It is hard to tell which ICO scam it was when it was officially scamed
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:28:51 PM

This is really true that detecting a scam coin during the ICO stage is very difficult. There is no hard and fast rule for identifying such coin. Try to invest in the reputed and reliable coin like bitcoin if you are new in this market.
you are right, the difficulty is real to see ICO fraud, different from fraud that sometimes utilizes famous coins and opens a prize carrying the famous coin name, we just have to look at the domain
Babyhouse

Activity: 116

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:32:09 PM

For me spoting scam is very easy since I will start by thoroughly have my research and then choose ICO which has transparency about their project. This way I will know the situation about my investment.
ariesjia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:34:38 PM

of course we need to be careful if you want to take part in the ICO, especially if you want your investment is very lost if it turns out it's fraud. and also losing time for bounty hunters if the ICO is a scam, it's really a waste of work. you better need to see their community. and also the team involved in the project
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:36:50 PM

it is indeed quite difficult to find a fraud in the ICO at this time. especially now that the ICO in circulation is also quite a lot so it makes many people feel confused about it. we should have the best way to investigate what fraud is like.
BrittanyHorne

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:42:54 PM

Actually, It's so hard to know. The scammers are coming in different ways with different looks. So very hard to spot scammers or scam projects. personally, I have met a lot of scam projects. There are so many scams ICOs. Personally, I'm checking these things to spot a good ICO. First of all, I'm looking at the concept of the project because the concept is very important to the project's future. Then I checking about the team/ website/ Linkedin profiles / Telegram groups / roadmap . If they have these all are clear, then I decided maybe this ICO can hit near the future. However, nobody can predict 100% correctly. Only can get a 50-50 % idea. Anyway, ICO is the best way to earn money.
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 713

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:57:31 PM

Even if you somehow can detect any scam, I think they will still be able to adapt. And it will be even more difficult to recognize them than now. No one was able to eliminate criminality, nor in any sphere. In general, the idea is interesting.
Criminal activity will always be there since people always want to get something without doing anything, this is why criminals try to get what someone got in a lawful way and taking it away from them, in fact that is what we see all the time in this market, people want to multiply their capital without doing any real effort and that is why they invest in icos without doing their due diligence in the first place.

If people took the time to do their due diligence they will realize that out of 20 projects 19 are scams or projects that are impossible and that only one of them has any real chance of becoming a real project and when the odds are so bad people soon realize that is a bad business to invest in icos not only from the point of view of earning money but also in terms of all the time they need to invest just to find a decent ico.
raptorez

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:01:28 PM

Only relying on their experience today has the opportunity to make the right choice, but it will not be 100% really right, because no one can tell you exactly about it. And you rely on your experience.
Schevascheva

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:04:46 PM

Fraud is not easy to recognize, fraudsters are very hiding their activities, under many pretexts they are trying to kill us that they are not scammers, but whether to make a more accurate analysis of the bounty and their site, one can understand what the bounty is really worth
kingofhell9008

Activity: 383

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:18:06 PM

Yes it is not that easy to determine which ICO project is a scam. One thing you can do is before going for a project is to do research the team as a team is the driving force of any ICO project.
Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1340

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:22:42 PM

You can suggest such an option that each member of the project team will make a video appeal to investors to attract investment and for the fact that every investor would see that the team member is real and indeed takes part in the project, and then in the case of a scam it will be possible to prosecute this man.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███