Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:59:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot a Scams  (Read 11014 times)
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 09:14:00 PM

The best way to stop scams is to do it yourself.  Don't get scammed.
Might sound too simple but that's what's necessary.

Anyone that approaches an ico without being greedy, foolish and naive, will take the time to really understand the company they are giving money to.
Things like seeing and trying out the product, talking to the devs and team, fact checking their claims, reading their business plan etc.
Anyone that doesn't do this just blows my mind.
Why on earth would you give money to somebody or something that you know nothing about?
If I told you that I have a friend that can double your money, all you have to do is give me $100, would you do it?
Wouldn't you want to know who he is, what he is doing, and if it's real and reliable.
Are you just going to take me for my word?

As far as developing a platform to stop scams go, that itself seems very scammy to me.
Like someone trying to sell me a product i don't need.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DarrinEspacio

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 05:40:20 PM

Scams are always a great problem for ICO. To spot a scam we can check the security of ICO, the information which is given that is checked someone else or not ,we need to a security alert.
Redg85

Activity: 258
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 06:06:17 PM

Hello pal! You can spot scam project if that certain project do not have any goods or services to offer. But it seems like, even a scammer have a looks of legitimate ICO, that's make it difficult to discover or to find out that's a scam. Be careful when investing you might lose it. Cheers!

DABANKING  - The Decentralized Gaming Platform
▸ Minning DAA Token NOW, Earn ETH Lifetime!◂
anahata

Activity: 523
Merit: 300

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:30:23 AM

High hard cap amount, anything more than $15 million, and they just want your money. Youngsters with no experience floating a company on a whitepaper, always go through their linkedin profile. If they do not have 10 years or more of experience, they are likely to go down. No cliff period or token locking for team. Less than 75% tokens open/sold to public. Sketchy website etc etc.
carol15171821

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:34:56 AM

Its so hard to find a scam ico for now because even scam they have the roadmap and whitepaper for props. You need to do a deep research regarding the project if they have a product and the team also important.
Fionagreen

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 06:47:14 AM

MyShield says the concept is good but the sign of knowing a scam ICO is really hard. Making the ICO fake website is likely to become a hot trend for scammers this year. In the past year 2017 there have been many cases like this and have caused many people to lose a lot of money, of course, the scammers are the most beneficiaries and this is a good way to use. But there is much prey stabbed in.
Evgeniy18582960

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 07:25:21 AM

it's hard to know, but for me I do not want to join some Icons that have a low member in the telegram and are not active, and followers of Twitter are not big or in fb, and if you want to join some campaigns, try to join trusted managers, so that you are protected from scammers, try also to read their roadmap, as well as their partnership and website.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:21:09 PM

An investor has to make several analysis to find out a scam. The project and company need to be transparent. If he cannot not find out their real team, token sale numbers, updates on product development then be careful.

No, if anything seems suspicious do not invest and move on to another coin, there are many projects that have been caught using fake profiles and fake pictures and despite being exposed on the forum and other websites over the Internet the investors do not even take the time to look for that information.

So if an investor gets scammed even when that information is widely available then he is completely guilty for his own losses since he needs to do everything to make sure the money he has is invested in a legitimate project and not in a scam, so check everything even if the whitepaper has a small mistake you must analyze it in a deep way, after all if there is a mistake there, how many mistakes are there that you are unable to see?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Auto9372

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:25:10 PM

it is difficult to determine whether a project is fraudulent or not. and no one will tell you exactly.
Nureni

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:31:52 PM

How to spot a scam, to me it is very difficult to know no an way to get, because if you see some scam project  and you were to that it is a scam you will never believe due to their package.
bituperio

Activity: 208
Merit: 13

TRUSTED CARS ICO

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:40:23 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

You don´t need to be a victim to detect a scams, you just have to have common sense. It is good anyway to have platforms that can take a better look at ICOs even if nothing is like DYOR.

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
hmil

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:43:18 PM

I'm also interested in how to identify fraud? I've invested in this project MPCX is a digital block-driven financial services platform.  MPCX
is designed to serve entities' and individual's needs in the areas of digital
wealth management, cryptocurrency exchange and trading, digital banking,
crypto research and ICO promotion, and crypto lending.

As for me, this is a completely transparent and much promising project. Who will say anything?
Ng93

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:01:45 PM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

I try to trust the bounty managers I work with, if they make a mistake and the bounty is not paid, it will fall on the trust of this person. Usually well-known bounty managers try to choose the company with which they work.
Tosyn2

Activity: 566
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:21:48 PM

This measure is needed to eliminate scammers from space it is threat to blockchain space, if this group can achieve their objective that will be good, i hope they can reduce scam from space.
honglien

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:29:59 PM

It is too difficult for our community to avoid scams and measures to avoid just being polite and restricting some. But sometimes the limitations are inevitable and i wonder luck or not.
arakuns

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:30:59 PM

From my experience, most scam ICO usually come up a clone of other projects, they are not bringing anything new. Also there is usually no transparency in their dealings with contributors. Some will also as far as falsifying information about attainment of soft or hard cap.
Scripture

Activity: 1302
Merit: 128

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:34:44 PM

Posts and comments of experienced higher ranks are more reliable than your gut feel about it. They analyze even more accurate and most of the time they are correct. ICO scams are hard to tell because it blends among the legit ones and they are almost the same.
Tonstar

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:35:33 PM

i think your experience will tell you how to tell them apart and the quality of the website, of course, so you need to have it in your mind
jamisky

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:43:22 PM

Eliminating scam ico is a strong word because most of them makes it looks real until your dollars disappear. But proper analysis of the team how reputable they and usecase of the ICO is a great determinant.
adekogbe

Activity: 854
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 11:23:56 PM

Although some scam projects have gone extra miles to make their platforms look legit in order to raise funds for ICOs, there are still some common form of scars that should be frowned at, for example;
1. Too high bonuses
2. Not enough information about team
3. No clear progress on roadmap stated in whitepaper
4. Fake partnerships

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: