Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:16:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to spot a Scams  (Read 11020 times)
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:14:41 AM

If you see an opportunity that is too good to be truth you should be careful because that is a scam opportunity.  Many people invest into a projects because of the ways there rate the opportunity in it by buying after reading white paper and if you invest you will find out that there are scam. 
lusiaga

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:18:51 AM

Investors must also be aware of the roadmap that is "too good to be true" / too good for reality. For example: they promise 100% of their ICO will be the second Bitcoin and promise lots of prospects or high ROI (Return on Investment). Most companies that express sentences like this are usually fake companies like Bitconnect which can only give sweet promises and sell dreams, this is because the value of a company cannot be measured based on their expectations and is only a market that can determine whether a company has the right have this value. But the company could be "market make" or the term "frying" their own coin prices, but this is not often the case and it is very unhealthy to expect something "not necessarily" to happen.
otong

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:23:39 AM

If you see an opportunity that is too good to be truth you should be careful because that is a scam opportunity.  Many people invest into a projects because of the ways there rate the opportunity in it by buying after reading white paper and if you invest you will find out that there are scam.  
Do not be easy to be provoked in a detrimental investment with a very large profit offer because this could only be a loss for us always careful in choosing investment
uchiikina14

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:46:17 AM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

To know and identify a scam is to check first their ICO project if it is still updating, then if it is still updating check the white paper and the amount of the softcap and hardcap so that you will know if they will reach or they can reach the amount if not then they might pay the member with small amount of token or they might not continue the ICO project. Some of the project that is not updating it then it is also a scam.
nreal

Activity: 932
Merit: 100

arcs-chain.com

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:12:29 AM

I think it's not too difficult to recognize a Scam project. First, get to know each member of the project team. Then the Website, the white paper of the project must be professional, not plagiarism. The concept of the project is also very important, it must be clear and realistic.

► ARCS ◄ ♦ ARCS - The New World Token (*Listed on KuCoin) ♦ ► ARCS ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Whitepaper
Abolaji11

Activity: 352
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 10:50:29 AM

I really hope the telegram group can sincerely help to identify scam project for long but my fair is,  once those scam project start giving them money,  they won't pick them as scam. Just like all this ico rating site,  initially,  they were rating coin genuily but now, I doubt if they give poor rating for a project owner that tip them.
islafilipina
Copper Member

Activity: 518
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:14:20 AM

In my experience in choosing a ICO bounties is hard, some of them it looks legit but turns out to be a scam but their are ways to increase your chance in picking the right ICO.
steveabrahams

Activity: 1050
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 07:18:50 AM

In my experience in choosing a ICO bounties is hard, some of them it looks legit but turns out to be a scam but their are ways to increase your chance in picking the right ICO.
You can spot it easily by checking the project first and visit their ANN thread, check their team, their website and join the telegram group. A good project will have an activity on their ANN thread and their telegram group. If no activity and chat only full people asking bounty, then leave.
Claude46

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:19:00 AM

On spotting a scam, you can definitely spot it easily based on the project. And on how the way it is being handled and  market into the public. Research and reviews also helps to identify if its really a scam or not. You can also spot it as a scam through negative feedbacks and less endorsing of the project. If its concepts wasn't clear then there it seems to be a scam. To avoid being scammed, do some researching and have a time to review about tbe project if it is going to be a good project or not.
MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:32:14 AM

it's very difficult to find ico scam even if you have been a victim, will not be able to find the next ico scam and for that we only need to read the thread often at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0

Xxmodded

Activity: 2282
Merit: 309

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 15, 2019, 08:34:29 AM

It’s so hard to know that the ICO are scams. Unless if you’ve been a victim before. Have you heard about Myshield the first decentralized Anti-Scam platform that will definitely help us eliminate and destroy those Scams in Crypto industry. If not now then when? So join the community now. t.me/MyShield_TM

joining the community is the most effective thing in every discussion.
but I don't think anyone really can guarantee that.
every investment in ico is part of the risk as well as investing in altcoins.
I think knowledge plays an important role in this field. as well as experience.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 01:10:41 PM

News or good news for us bounty hunters..
Just be more careful to choose ico at this time, by finding information as much as possible the projects that will be followed..Through official websites and teamwork that you can trust..

Adriano2010

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 02:15:35 PM

I also think is hard to spot a scam if there can't find some info who can make think that is a scam, also scammers search a lot of ways to cover and is even more hard to spot a scam, but always is better to research and see what community say, if there is any, or info on forum or somewhere about that ICO.
diazepam666

Activity: 1162
Merit: 516

1BTC Welcome Bonus

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:26:53 PM

News or good news for us bounty hunters..
Just be more careful to choose ico at this time, by finding information as much as possible the projects that will be followed..Through official websites and teamwork that you can trust..

Website templates are available in huge numbers so even you may get scammed by looking at the site as well so better choose the ICO with the team information, worth of product and white paper.
These things will allow you learn more about ICO.
If you see legitimacy then you can invest else stay for your safety.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ████████     ▄█▄▄
       ▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀   ▄██████
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███████▀
 ▄▄███▄▄          ███████▀
█████████▄        █████▀
███████████▄       ▀▀▀▀
▀████████████▄
 ▀████████████▄
  ▀████████████▄
    ▀███████████
      ▀████████▀
        ▀▀████▀
..Learn More..
sh4dtechnr
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:32:43 PM

To determine the quality of the project you need to pay attention to the following factors:
1. community (telegram, kakao, discord groups), activity in chats.
2. project team (information from independent sources)
3. rating on rating sites (icobench, icodrops ..)
4. the idea of the project, the product, the ability to use in real life.
5. technical side, tokenomics, consensus algorithm, whitepaper.
6. partners
7. information about the project in the press (HYIP index)
8. website quality
and more..
cunguks

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:35:39 PM

I also think is hard to spot a scam if there can't find some info who can make think that is a scam, also scammers search a lot of ways to cover and is even more hard to spot a scam, but always is better to research and see what community say, if there is any, or info on forum or somewhere about that ICO.
if we have done research and there is something that makes us unsure about the project whether it is scam or not, I don't think it is good for us to force us to join the project. join the project that really makes us sure.

Inosend
Copper Member

Activity: 299
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2019, 02:37:58 PM

I don't think it's quite easy to spot a scam, considering the fact the perpetrators take their time to design every bit of their crime. So you can hardly figure out the real intention of this scam. So I would say you need to make a deep research always

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 02:46:35 PM

If you are not carful you can end up investing in a scam ICO without you knowing, the last time I was involved in an ICO that turn out to be scam was when I was carried away by the overzealous promise from the team the promised a good return and even announced the achievement of the hardcap but at the end the team ran away with investors found. So you have to do toror check on project before you invest in it to avoid scam.
Claude46

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 03:49:16 PM

On spotting a scam, you can definitely spot it easily based on the project. And on how the way it is being handled and  market into the public. Research and reviews also helps to identify if its really a scam or not. You can also spot it as a scam through negative feedbacks and less endorsing of the project. If its concepts wasn't clear then there it seems to be a scam. To avoid being scammed, do some researching and have a time to review about tbe project if it is going to be a good project or not.but this project Dencoin is a good project that we may invest so must go and try this project.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 04:28:55 PM

It is very good if there is a community to eliminate ICO scam and this certainly helps others to avoid loss due to ICO scam. So you have to join, it seems like to see what ICO is a good scam and ICO. And I personally have joined the community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: