Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ..................................................................  (Read 7957 times)
Ikinoki (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:49:16 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2020, 04:09:47 PM by Ikinoki

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Donations to 1LHTGFYHfMDgfgmDcYugW6RsKKfKBRfLVg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fancy_pants

Activity: 663
Merit: 501

quarkchain.io

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 03:57:03 AM

Would Hugh Hefner sell right now?
anteater2009

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:58:15 AM

Bitcoin exchange rates being influenced by media reports and rumours probably these people wouldn't have wanted a bad press for Bitcoin.
pinkmonkey

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:58:27 AM

chuck norris would
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:02:29 AM

- Now that Gox will be gone EXPECT HEAVY REGULATORY RISK.
The first exchanges to go down will be probably Bitstamp and Btc-e as they are located in Europe and Europe will heavily regulate exchanges as they promised, especially off-shored ones.

I agree that this will bring major attention to Bitcoin "money transmitters" and the risk of problems for them has now gone up a fair bit. Don't necessarily agree they will be forced to close. It's even more of a possibility now though.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4623

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:06:20 AM

Guys, don't want to spread FUD.

Just facts:

Well that would be good, but typically when someone starts by saying that, 99% of the time, they follow it up with FUD, and not facts.  We'll see.

That means all of them are pretty much responsible for this situation and most of all, they acted jointly.

See what I mean?  That's not a "fact", but it is FUD.

The first exchanges to go down will be probably Bitstamp and Btc-e

And yet again.  Not a fact.  Just more FUD.

Don't be surprised if you see this topic removed and my nickname banned because there is an agenda and corruption probably in the whole 'foundation' if not the whole 'core developers' team.

You'll note that your FUD is still here.  Clearly you are mistaken.

My suggestion - either keep USD/EUR mostly for now if you think you can handle loosing it or withdraw bitcoins if you believe in this beautiful technology.

I want to put a question of 'Bitcoin foundation' TRUST insolvency, as well as core developers and this forum administrators/moderators.

It never fails.  Any post that starts with, "don't want to spread FUD. Just facts." is filled with FUD and has very few facts.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:13:45 AM

It never fails.  Any post that starts with, "don't want to spread FUD. Just facts." is filled with FUD and has very few facts.
+1
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:15:21 AM

I'm not trying to stir shit here. I'm not saying sell or buy. I'm saying look the fuck out because these guys FIRST released a READY statement in the deep night and next they CHANGE it to the one more reflecting reality.

I find that interesting as well.  I am sure they had something planned previous to this.  I am sure it will all come out soon enough.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:27:25 AM

How is this even remotely a conspiracy? How could professional exchanges be responsible in any way in the Gox debacle? Since when and who mandated the Bitcoin Foundation to protect Bitcoin users from doing business with incompetent amateurs if they want to? I really don't get your point.

Magic: the Gathering Online eXchange had already lost my confidence when they skewed up big time back in April 2013. As far as I'm concerned,  since then I never traded a single coin or penny with them. Obvious is obvious.

When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck.
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:31:19 AM

Just facts:

- All actors under joint statement KNEW ABOUT THE SITUATION.
That means all of them are pretty much responsible for this situation and most of all, they acted jointly. The first statement had insolvency written into, then they changed it. THEY ACTUALLY KNEW!!! AND THEY PROFITED OF PEOPLE BEFUDDLED BY STATEMENTS (Gox statements, blockchain, Roger Ver etc etc)

The first exchanges to go down will be probably Bitstamp and Btc-e as they are located in Europe and Europe will heavily regulate exchanges as they promised, especially off-shored ones.

Don't be surprised if you see this topic removed and my nickname banned because there is an agenda and corruption probably in the whole 'foundation' if not the whole 'core developers' team.

My suggestion - either keep USD/EUR mostly for now if you think you can handle loosing it or withdraw bitcoins if you believe in this beautiful technology.

I want to put a question of 'Bitcoin foundation' TRUST insolvency, as well as core developers and this forum administrators/moderators.

Careful OP.  Moderators here aren't going to take kindly to anything negative about MTGOX. They will quickly dump your post into "Service" even though your post is a general post not just about MTGOX but about Bitcoin. Or worse, they'll delete your post.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
daviducsb

Activity: 155

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:42:18 AM

I don't buy this nonsense. How can something as obvious as gox's insolvency, which people have been worried about for a year or so, be a conspiracy? More FUD. The joint statement sounds very reasonable and is an appeal to common sense. Unlike this thread lol
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:45:27 AM

The problem is that they knew and knew for some time - joint statements are not written at night or weekends.

Obviously they have been in the loop for some time, but we can't know if we're talking about hours, days, months or even years. We just don't know. Pasting conspiracy theories over this does not give more credit to your claim IMHO.

They are part of this because all of this falls made them profit in fees and whatsoever but they could've just saved face of the protocol and said that they believe MtGox is insolvent or practices controversial financial instruments.

Again, we don't know (if they shut up because they were greedy, because of this, of that... or because anyone who has done his research would never deposit a single dollar or bitcoin in an exchange that has been delaying withdrawals for months, partly in the open).

Like it or not, presenting suspicions as facts amounts to FUD. Moreover, even if they knew, it doesn't mean that they had the right to publicly disclose anything. And even if they had the right, they certainly didn't have any obligation. I believe that Bitcoin should be left to free market, and that regulation should be left to the government when it fails to be implemented by the protagonists themselves as a framework to that same free market.

Imagine the FUD coming out of WSJ, nasdaq.com and others when they start to dig into this?

It really seems we have opposing definitions of FUD. For me, seeking to uncover the truth and exposing it is the opposite of FUD.

The exchange transparency MUST BE IMPLEMENTED ASAP. All exchanges must send funds to their one wallet and announce it on their websites with dynamic response.

I agree with you, and I am optimistic about voluntary implementation of this by major, professional exchanges in the near future.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:49:08 AM

Ey OP, stop spreading FUD. Europe promised nothing.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:58:10 AM

Just facts:

- All actors under joint statement KNEW ABOUT THE SITUATION.
That means all of them are pretty much responsible for this situation and most of all, they acted jointly. The first statement had insolvency written into, then they changed it. THEY ACTUALLY KNEW!!! AND THEY PROFITED OF PEOPLE BEFUDDLED BY STATEMENTS (Gox statements, blockchain, Roger Ver etc etc)

Agreed- People have to realize that just like the big players in almost any industry will get wind of news way before it happens (through inside connections), it isn't different over here in the world of crypto. Based on the fact that they had to all coordinate that statement, I'm pretty sure they knew about it for at least a couple of days.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:50:33 AM

How is this even remotely a conspiracy? How could professional exchanges be responsible in any way in the Gox debacle?

That's pretty elementary.  Besides their own incompetence, MtGox's difficulties have always stemmed from two causes:  regulation and hackers.  And there is plenty of reason to believe that the ultimate source of both of these are one and the same.  Regulation exists to create barriers to entry.  Licensed exchanges would obviously have the help of their host governments, just like any other international industry.  And host governments would get their pay-offs and kick-backs in return.  Killing off MtGox, dividing up the loot and cartelizing Bitcoin exchange would be a profitable endeavour for all sorts of people.

The Bitcoin Foundation has been a fairly shady organization from its inception.  Karpeles was pretty much always paying the bills, but there's no telling who was actually in charge.  It started out by working in secret, on their private forum instead of public forums like this one.  Besides kowtowing to regulators and investors, it's been a mystery for some time what their purpose has been.  But now we see the fruits of their effort:  core developers are calling for regulation and limiting Bitcoin in subtle ways;  board members are suing each other, regulators start issuing these ridiculous edicts and "warnings," seizing bank accounts and arresting Bitcoin traders;  financial industry insiders and shady investors with unknown agendas start coming out of the woodwork, having apparently been working behind the scenes for a while.

It's pretty obvious that there is a huge constellation of interests at work here, and most roads lead back to the US.  Just follow the money.

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:13:03 AM

I think the very large criminal element does harm bitcoin, it is very of putting to me at least. Besides what is really left of the bitcoin ideal if a few hundred bitcoin oligarchs own the bulk of all bitcoins and another large chunk is in the hands of criminals.
Doesn't exactly sound like a tool to create a more fair and equal world.
Things like vertcoin and protoshares, etc. start to look more appealing. i will support any coin that builds in a defense against concentration in the hands of a few early adopters.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:16:24 AM

i will support any coin that builds in a defense against concentration in the hands of a few early adopters.
Please do so in the appropriate altcoin forum.
grifferz

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:20:00 AM

Careful OP.  Moderators here aren't going to take kindly to anything negative about MTGOX. They will quickly dump your post into "Service" even though your post is a general post not just about MTGOX but about Bitcoin. Or worse, they'll delete your post.
Yet there are plenty of negative MtGox threads in Discussion, and I've seen many senior members and forum mods say negative things about MtGox.
Giggety

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:27:04 AM

In the land of yakuza it should not be hard to get someone disappeard like the bitcoins.

I am not in gox but I would gladly contribute to this.

People should not get away with this. The justice system will not do anything because they are happy as it is.

We need to give a real statement. A hard one too so that people will be warned that we are not to mess with. We didn't came from one fraudulent system to another.
bomb7

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:30:57 AM

Ikinoki, are you located in Japan?

I for one put (a little bit of) money into mtgox as recently as this morning Japan time - less than an hour before mtgox disabled trading (yes they accepted deposits right until they disabled trading). But what made me somewhat confident that mtgox was going to be ok was that there was the Bitcoin Foundation meeting but they made no statement about mtgox, and during those few days all these well-known Bitcoin figures were saying they were convinced Gox would be fine.

I took a risk and I will live with it. But I certainly won`t be listening to any "authority" in the Bitcoin community ever again. They`re clearly watching out for their own special interests and aren`t necessarily going to be honest or forthcoming. Bitcoin Foundation? WTF do I care about a Bitcoin Foundation now. It`s meaningless.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: