Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:11:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ..................................................................  (Read 7957 times)
DAN444

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:58:31 PM

Now that bitcoin is finished, can we expect another better cryptocurrency to take over in the future? Or is confidence in cryptocurrencies in general gone?
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:01:40 PM

Now that bitcoin is finished, can we expect another better cryptocurrency to take over in the future? Or is confidence in cryptocurrencies in general gone?

How much ya lookin to invest, kid? I gots a bridge for ya!

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:17:29 PM

One site has been demonstrably transparent, the other hasn't.

Transparent?  In what way?

How many bitcoins does Coinbase control?

How do they determine which transactions to cancel due to "high risk"?

Are they engaging in "fractional reserve"?  How would you know?

I'm done playing with trolls.

LOL.  Clearly one of us has facts and logic on our side, and the other is frustrated that their opinions don't hold water.

The most important rule to remember when it comes to bitcoins is:
"If you don't have exclusive control of the private key associated with a bitcoin address, then you don't have the bitcoins that are associated with that address."

There is only one web based wallet that I know of where you maintain exclusive control of your bitcoins.

Here's a hint...

Coinbase is NOT that web based wallet.

Any time you send your bitcoins to an address where you don't have exclusive control of the private keys (such as MtGox, CoinBase, BitStamp, BTC-E, localbitcoins, etc), you are making a donation to whoever has control of those private keys.

The bitcoins immediately belong to them and not to you.  They are no longer "your" bitcoins.  In return, most of the people who run these websites will offer you a promise that they will send an equal amount of their bitcoins wherever you ask them to whenever you ask them to.  You need to decide if you trust them to deliver on such a promise, keeping in mind the possibilities that they could have security flaws, could find their assets seized by government agencies, could be tempted to keep the bitcoins for themselves, and a variety of other situations that could cause them to fail to live up to the promise provided.
bitjuicy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:36:48 PM

For those of you impacted by Mt Gox collapse, Bitcoin Builder is still making a market for MtGox bitcoin. http://bitjuice.com/2014/02/25/bitcoin-builder-still-processing-mtgox-trades/
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:05:37 PM

DannyHamilton You are wither trolling or trolling.
houseofchill

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:39:38 PM

After reading this, http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-02-25/why-trolls-start-flame-wars-swearing-and-name-calling-shut-down-ability-think

Which side are you on?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:41:36 PM

The only thing DannyHamilton is doing wrong is defeating my ignore list by quoting trolls.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:50:19 PM

First you incorrectly try to accuse me of a "Straw Man Argument", then you get frustrated with facts and logic and accuse me twice of "trolling".

You don't even know who you are talking to, must be high
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:52:48 PM

Anyone who can't see facts and logic by now is beyond help.
Remember that some people earn a paycheck by being immune to fact and logic, and by attempting to infect others with that immunity:

http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/02/25/snowden-training-guide-for-gchq-nsa-agents-infiltrating-and-disrupting-alternative-media-online/
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:05:24 PM

You don't even know who you are talking to

Now there's a fact you got right.

I'm participating in too many threads and with too many stubborn people that are refusing to use logic or take into consideration any facts.

You are right on this:

I failed to notice that darkmule made the false "strawman" accusation, while you, "bananas", made the "trolling" accusation.

I've therefore deleted the post where I made the error.  I apologize for the mistake.

(See how easy it is to admit when you are wrong and acknowledge facts, you really ought to try it sometime).
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: