Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:21:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: poll for future use
option1
option2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★  (Read 40877 times)
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:36:26 PM

Diff is raising steadily. And C-CEX orders are looking like COIN value is going to raise soon. I gonna use all my GPUs to mine COINs now. It is clear it has a huge potential!

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 04:51:27 PM

Guys, I know it's so exciting to have 2900% profit.. but, c'mon.. COIN is NOT pump and dump..

don't create hysteria before it will come naturally..

COIN is long term, it will have his own moment.

yep, coins about to get big, sub reddit is up @ http://www.reddit.com/r/coin_project/
vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:35:51 AM

Everybody who would like to contribute, please vote for COIN on CryptoRush exchange:

https://cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote

You may also send some BTCs to an assigned address: 17crMcm8Zhmsf95dkz57ZrcfpXuuZCSCSP

Every 0.0001 BTCs is counted as one vote. I know that this is a kind of bribe but the world is cruel anyway. COIN needs more exposure.

Every 2 days when the timer runs out, they add the top voted coin to the exchange. So, please VOTE.

vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:00:26 AM

Everybody who would like to contribute, please vote for COIN on CryptoRush exchange:

You may also send some BTCs to an assigned address: 17crMcm8Zhmsf95dkz57ZrcfpXuuZCSCSP

Every 0.0001 BTCs is counted as one vote. I know that this is a kind of bribe but the world is cruel anyway. COIN needs more exposure.

Every 2 days when the timer runs out, they add the top voted coin to the exchange. So, please VOTE.
I just wanna notice that sending BTCs in an exchange for votes is like a long term investement for those who holds some COIN stack and goes on with mining. If 200 people send 0.01 BTC (appx. $6) COIN will be the next coin exposed to the CryptoRush exchange. What COIN really needs today is an exposure to the world. 99.99% of the crypto commutiny knows nothing about COIN. It is like holding 20 carat diamond which nobody except for you has ever seen. Lets show out diamond to the world!

coin-project (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:02:37 AM

Please do not ask anyone to pay to the exchange. I'm highly discouraging paying to the exchange to list the Coin.
vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 07:06:13 AM

Please do not ask anyone to pay to the exchange. I'm highly discouraging paying to the exchange to list the Coin.
Nobody is obliged to pay. But people may do their best to protect their investements. COIN needs some more exposure.

coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 08:06:38 AM

what we need is community, miners, users, supporters. and that is built over the time. It can't be instant. most funny coins "more successful" than COIN are forgotten after two weeks, with diff even lover than Coin have now.
I remember time when coin price was determined by hashrate, diff.. and now hashrate is determined by price.

people expect instant results now. instant hashrate, instant high value, instant exchanges and services..  

Hyped coins, get rich quick coins, people that want to be rich by tomorrow morning are bad for crypto community. and after all this will end, COIN will stand high above other alts.
SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 09:08:24 AM

A pledge to all those that are trying so desperately to have an Exchange: STOP!

Stop before you ruin it for everyone!

And since coin-project / the dev will not say it out loud, because it's committed and decent, I'll state the obvious, and yes, it is a threat to those that just wish to dump their COIN and get a quick cheap mBTC for it(just one that I cannot enforce :-) ):

As soon as you start trying, the real community, those that are committed and willing to take COIN to the higher, sustainable and long-term market value, through real-life usage of COIN, will dump it so hard to that you'll get nothing, zero! We'll buy all your COIN for less than a satoshi and then will start over again, because now we know how to build this from the ground-up and sustainable.
For us, COIN is just starting and will only get into Exchanges when they choose to do so, because it will be, by then, a true valuable. For all.

There are plenty of shitcoins out there and more get spit out into the world everyday, so go play with those, since they're playing that game anyway, and leave us be.
Hash the fuck out and stay out!

pardon my French :-P

vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 11:52:08 AM

Calm down, dude.

The whole damm story you have just told us is about nothing. You are talking about something which doesn't exist in Nature. It is just blah, blah, blah. Nobody is going to ruin COIN, nobody is interested in such outcome. You are talking about long-term market value, real-life usage of COIN and so on. But what is really done by now to achieve this purpose? Nothing. COIN is being mined by a small comunity. It is not exposed to the market. And that is it. If you think that holding COIN away from crypto community is a great idea just becuase you can solo mine thousands of COINs per day, then you do not understand that it is the right way to ruin the project. Nobody will be interested in a coin which has been mined for several months by a small comunity. We need 10x more miners in the next week. Miners are not fools (mostly and hopefully), they want to mine something valueable. We need an exposure to (at least) one BIG exchange. This doesn't mean that COIN will be pumped and dumped and doomed. This will just bring some interest to the project. Do not sell your coins cheap and everything will be fine. If you are afraid of exposing COIN to the market then you are sick, go to a doctor.

Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 01:19:25 PM

Calm down, dude.

The whole damm story you have just told us is about nothing. You are talking about something which doesn't exist in Nature. It is just blah, blah, blah. Nobody is going to ruin COIN, nobody is interested in such outcome. You are talking about long-term market value, real-life usage of COIN and so on. But what is really done by now to achieve this purpose? Nothing. COIN is being mined by a small comunity. It is not exposed to the market. And that is it. If you think that holding COIN away from crypto community is a great idea just becuase you can solo mine thousands of COINs per day, then you do not understand that it is the right way to ruin the project. Nobody will be interested in a coin which has been mined for several months by a small comunity. We need 10x more miners in the next week. Miners are not fools (mostly and hopefully), they want to mine something valueable. We need an exposure to (at least) one BIG exchange. This doesn't mean that COIN will be pumped and dumped and doomed. This will just bring some interest to the project. Do not sell your coins cheap and everything will be fine. If you are afraid of exposing COIN to the market then you are sick, go to a doctor.

Vilgem you're funny Smiley. SilentBit was posting his opinion in a very nice manner but your reply is personal. Unfortunately it is true that once a coin gets onto an exchange they get pumped and dumped. Some linger on for a while more, some end up better after the pump and dump then before, but a large majority of coins die. And OP has said since the beginning he doesn't want to bribe exchanges to get onto them.

Look at OP's road map. We're not at the milestone to get onto exchanges yet. If by any chance we get listed by them it's another story.

Calm down and stop hyping things up, enjoy the ride.
vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:43:45 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2014, 02:53:52 PM by vilgem

Vilgem you're funny Smiley. SilentBit was posting his opinion in a very nice manner but your reply is personal.
At the moment there are only a few people chatting in this thread. And I was the one who proposed to expose COIN to another exchange. Therefore I took his comment to my account. I agree with OP that pump & dump is not our goal. But more exposure is definitelly good thing. There is another issue that can burry a crypto coin. It is too much premine. If a coin is mined solely by a small group of people for too long, it can be considered as a premine. It is exactly what we must avoid. Therefore we need more miners, good hashrate. To attract more miners we need better exposure to the community. Most miners wanna have a possibility to sell their coins on a big and famous exchange. In that context a payment for the exposure is not a bribe - it is an investement. Crypto world has its own rules. You can not release a coin and wait until it becomes another Bitcoin. You must promote your coin to the community. Competition is high as there are so many new cryptos released per day. If every COIN miner will invest some money to promote the project it will help the project to survive and achieve its goals.

vilgem

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 02:51:24 PM

Premined? No thanks.
Almost every new crypto has a small amount of premine. Overwise it is impossible to promote new project. Some new cryptos have so called IPO - i.e. coins which are premied are sold for real money before coin launch. IMHO, it can be considered as a scam as the real coin value is unknown before coin launch. COIN did not have an IPO.

COIN is a young project. You can still solo mine COINs. Do not hesitate and join COIN community.

nenzo007

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 03:25:31 PM

But more exposure is definitelly good thing. There is another issue that can burry a crypto coin. It is too much premine. If a coin is mined solely by a small group of people for too long, it can be considered as a premine. It is exactly what we must avoid. Therefore we need more miners, good hashrate. To attract more miners we need better exposure to the community. Most miners wanna have a possibility to sell their coins on a big and famous exchange. In that context a payment for the exposure is not a bribe - it is an investement. Crypto world has its own rules. You can not release a coin and wait until it becomes another Bitcoin. You must promote your coin to the community. Competition is high as there are so many new cryptos released per day. If every COIN miner will invest some money to promote the project it will help the project to survive and achieve its goals.

Hi vilgem, thanks for the enthusiasm. I can see you also like COIN, and the community that are quietly building. However I would like you to respect coin-project and the rules he set out from the start. To start posting addresses for cryptorush and suggesting us to pay was in my opinion to rush it too much. Let us try instead to market this coin to mining sites and try to get more miners without a big amount of exchanges. We must focus on the roadmap coin-project has created.  Smiley
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 04:06:36 PM

Good to see all this heated debates Wink. I'm sure OP will chime in soon!
coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 05:40:21 PM

I'm here guys, watching.
I think is healthy to have some discussion here to show some community initiative. Coin is all about community, and what I personally want is not so important as community voice.

vilgem
litecoin_messiah
Shuxy
nenzo007
SlientBit

you showed some initiative and it's order to be rewarded. please send me yours Coin address on PM.
litecoin_messiah

Activity: 355
Merit: 268

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:45:38 PM

I'm here guys, watching.
I think is healthy to have some discussion here to show some community initiative. Coin is all about community, and what I personally want is not so important as community voice.

vilgem
litecoin_messiah
Shuxy
nenzo007
SlientBit

you showed some initiative and it's order to be rewarded. please send me yours Coin address on PM.

cheerios   Cool

Edit: Wow thanks, i got a nice big fat donation for my efforts, like 100k COIN Cheesy
SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:45:18 PM

Vilgem, it wasn't personal, but I understand and recognize you point and I'm ok if you felt that way, because it means you care! Maybe I was to strong on the writing, but that also means I care Smiley
I don't have a problem with your efforts, quite the opposite. But I do disagree with the timing Smiley That's all.

More miners: YES! definitely, but here's the way I see it (biased, for sure, but still valid):

Criminal organization and individuals (yes, they're part of crypto world has well, like it or not Sad ) - they convert to tangible assets as soon as possible (FIAT or other stuff); they simply don't care at all.
Enterprise-grade ASIC-based or large scale mining operations - it's a corporate game now; they'll convert to FIAT every time and as fast as they can; heavy bills to pay with FIAT and shareholders to please
Whales/Gigahashers - have high pressure from significant bills that have to be paid with FIAT and cannot sustain long periods of coin development, so they convert significant amounts of coin into FIAT frequently; most have rigs on multipools optimized for on-the-fly coin switch based on profitability and hop into new alt-coins when they see an opportunity; long term commitment is not always their first choice
*High Khashers and Megahashrers - have some pressure from power bills and must convert into FIAT from time to time; they direct a lot of hash power into the initial stages of new alt-coins, hoping to have chosen the right one; when the selected coin enters Exchanges, often don't resist the Bear trap and end up dumping the coin and move onto the next; difficult crowd to please and keep, but crucial to pass the development stages.
*Low Khashers - strive to do the best bet they can with the low hash power level they have available and need strong signs of sustainability from the chosen coin or they'll switch; if they don't make enough value to overcome the pending increase in power bills, may leave crypto for good after a few months or stick only to exchanges, becoming pump&dump surfers at best
no relevant hash power - wishing that pure PoS coins will one day rule Smiley

At this stage, COIN is still heavily dependent on the * segments and as such, if rushed into an exchange, will be a victim of Bear trap and Whales and may not survive.
Has with any business plan and real five activity, there's the need to adapt your tactics throughout the different maturity stages, without loosing sight of your strategy.
Not simple and not easy to do, but Coin-project did show us what it believed in from the start and I, regretfully, don't have an better alternative to propose Tongue

As to the gratification, thanks, dev! It's most welcomed (guess in what segment I am Wink ) I'll PM the address, but you can also use the one I gave you for the solo mining bounty.

vilgem

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 06:33:00 AM

SlientBit, you see the picture right. But you vision is too general in my opinion. Good to write a book about the cryptocurrencies world, but not so good for practical applications. Number 1 goal for COIN is to attract more miners. We need to persuade them that COIN definitelly has a great future. Therefore we need some actions. What I really like in COIN is its acronym, it is simple and sounds like a standard for crypto payments. But COIN technical details are quite common: scrypt + KGW + 60 sec blocks + decreasing block reward over time. There are many existed cryptos with the same properties and many cryptos emerge every day. There is a competition like in any business. To survive you need to promote your ideas.

I think that scrypt algorithm sounds obsolete nowadays. N-factor scrypt is an evolution of standard scrypt and should have been used instead. I would have attract more miners from the beginning. But for now it is a dilemma. Scrypts ASICs will come to the market soon - it is only a matter of time. The question is whether it is good or bad for COIN. ASIC holders are investors. If they start to mine a coin it definitelly brings some fiat value to such coin. And it is good. But GPU holders will be dissapointed and will abandon such coin. So, they will move to N-factor scrypt coins. And it is bad.

Another feature that can attract miners and traders is PoS block generation. It motivates to mine/buy and hold coins. But PoS should not be introduced too early. If 90% of blocks are generated via PoS, miners will abandon such coin. If I were a developer I would think about such approach:

block       < 140:      2 COIN 0% PoS
block  < 131487: 1000 COIN 0% PoS // three months
block  < 262974:   900 COIN 10% PoS // six months
block  < 394461:   800 COIN 20% PoS
block  < 525948:   700 COIN 30% PoS // one year
block  < 657435:   600 COIN 40% PoS
block  < 788922:   500 COIN 50% PoS
block  < 920409:   400 COIN 60% PoS
block < 1051896:   300 COIN 70% PoS // two years
block < 1183383:   200 COIN 80% PoS
block < 1314870:   100 COIN 90% PoS
block < 1446357:     90 COIN 91% PoS
block < 1577844:     80 COIN 92% PoS // three years
block < 1709331:     70 COIN 93% PoS
block < 1840818:     60 COIN 94% PoS
block < 1972305:     50 COIN 95% PoS
block < 2103792:     40 COIN 96% PoS // four years
block < 2235279:     30 COIN 97% PoS
block < 2366766:     20 COIN 98% PoS // four years six months
block > 2366766:     10 COIN 99% PoS // approx. eighty four years

coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 07:38:01 AM

I went with no technical in innovations for simple reason. it works, it works well. Personaly N-type is not a good algo. It will change N and first gen ASIC will not be able to mine it. Second gen ASIC I believe will be able to mine N-type. As well, GPU will struggle with raised N. GPUs are struggling now with it.
I believe new GPU algo will take the trone. Miner software is pretty much obsolete and can't utilize new GPUs. There was some initiative to make new miner, but ended faster than it was proposed.

Changing N is quite simple though, and if N-type will show as a winner, a hard fork can be made. Every coin experienced a hard fork at least one time, even bitcoin.
We are now in present time, scrypt is best GPU algo, N-type is crippling GPUs at the moment and CPU coins is just not my bet..

I want to address to one of your previous posts, about miners and low diff.
COIN is on an exchange now. and it's not important for distribution how much coins miners can make as COIN is distributed trough exchanges as well.
Sure, more miners is better for distribution, but not so dark as you have wrote.

We need exposure.
Someone PMd me about a list of services we can approach. I think it is a good idea. We can start it, and contact it one by one about adding COIN.
vilgem

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 11:01:37 AM

Maybe you are right that scrypt is the best hashing algorithm for now. But what do you think about introducing PoS in a way I proposed in my previous post?! When PoW reward is decreased over time so will be the total interest to mine the coin. Introducing PoS is the best way to compesate it! I mean that three months later you can introduce PoS: 10% of blocks will be mined via PoS and 90% of blocks will be mined via PoW. As so on with every block reward adjustment over time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: