Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 06:30:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: poll for future use
option1
option2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★  (Read 40877 times)
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:33:09 PM

I still believe that we need to get listed on a popular exchange, it is important. Is it possible to introduce a bounty for those who pay 0.1 BTC to a voting address? It would be additional motivation. Like 25000 COINs for those who vote by 0.1 BTC. This would be equivalent to 0.000004 exchange rate, too high for now, but hopefully profitable in the long term. Moreover it would not be a selling deal, it would be a small compensation. What do you think about it?

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
nenzo007

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 06:50:34 PM

I still believe that we need to get listed on a popular exchange, it is important. Is it possible to introduce a bounty for those who pay 0.1 BTC to a voting address? It would be additional motivation. Like 25000 COINs for those who vote by 0.1 BTC. This would be equivalent to 0.000004 exchange rate, too high for now, but hopefully profitable in the long term. Moreover it would not be a selling deal, it would be a small compensation. What do you think about it?

I revisited your links to cryptorush, and there is something I am uncertain of. Will the votes (Both the voted ones and paid ones) be accumulated, or will they eventually be reset?

Mintpal seems to have a similar system, but every user have the possibility of submitting 5 votes each hour. And it seems to be accumulated. Maybe we should try that instead? https://www.mintpal.com/voting

We could try:
1. We encourage each and every member of the COIN community to sign up for mintpal, and do an effort to place 5 votes on COIN each hour until further notice.
2. We will get an indication of how many dedicated people that tries to get us on the exchange.
3. If we consider to have enough dedicated people we can start to prepare a paid approach to get us to the top of the list.

What do you think of this approach guys?

vilgem, do you think Mintpal would be ok as a big exchange, or do you prefer Cryptorush?
coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 07:00:41 PM

And I agree with you completely. We need more exchanges and more exposure. But I really, really, but you know -really- don't believe in paying to the exchange to list coins. I believe that exchanges need to profit on fees, not coins that need an exchange for pump and dump.  If we will do something like you are proposing, I'm against it and strongly discouraging it. What I can do is to allocate some marketing funds to you and close my eyes on how you are using the funds. but I say if..

Guys, I guess we can do all of the above, so just ear me out, please:

Vilgem, can you take point on selecting/voting for an Exchange to through money at? If we can arrange for 25 supporters of COIN to pledge, I think it might be worth it, even if we get just a bit higher in the ranks. I'll be one, even though I still think it's too soon for a major exchange (you see, we still have a low number of mined coins and that makes dev's premine overly weighted - I don't see it as a problem, because our dev is clearly going for long-term, but exchange-only crypto players, and they are the majority, tend to not like such levels of advantage)

Coin-project, you think you can spare some bounty on this effort, if we can come up with a decent pledge and action plan?

let's ear it from the rest of us too! Ladies and gentlemen, please, do pitch in, your contributions are most needed Smiley

and for this.. I'll happily allocate marketing funds toward this.. COIN need help to market itself, a lots of help. I'll appreciate and support any good plan, any good action, any good initiative to market the coin better.
like some of you know, previously I gave rewards for a good commitment to the COIN.. and will keep doing the same.
nenzo007

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:24:46 PM

Hi Guys,
CoinMarket.io has a thread on bitcointalk where new coins can be suggested.
Please leave a message to have their attention! You can see my reply on the link below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.2560
coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:34:12 PM

Hi Guys,
CoinMarket.io has a thread on bitcointalk where new coins can be suggested.
Please leave a message to have their attention! You can see my reply on the link below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=422726.2560

that's one fine exchange. I like it a lot personally.
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:19:47 AM

I'm a fan of coinedup.com Smiley! I've been traveling and been on holiday, but I am/can working/work on the following:

- IRC bot | Have a framework ready, just need to change some variables. Unfortunately our IRC channel #coin-project seems dead. I've registered ##coin-project as a backup as well.
- Dice site (Am also taking this as a chance to brush up on my programming, it's been a while) | Frontend is done, backend is still WIP. Thinking about anywhere between a week or a month to go depending on my IRL workload.

Was going to share them when I've completed them, but decided to do so now after seeing dev's disappointment Tongue.

Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:24:56 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 02:40:35 AM by Shuxy

Here is following the list of exchanges which I know about (without corresponding URLs, but I think it is quite easy to find the URLs in Google):

• BTC-E
  • OKCoin
  • Cryptsy
  • BTC38
  • BTER
  • Crypto Rush
  • Vircurex
  • mcxNOW
  • MintPal
  • CoinEx
  • Coined-Up
  • Poloniex
  • SwissCEX
  • Atomic Trade
  • Ripple Charts
  • DGEX
  • Coins-E
  • Crypto-Trade
  • yuanbaohui
  • MasterXchange
  • C-CEX

I marked the most important ones bold. I have contacted several of them, unfortunately without any feedback.

Another thing... Hi vilgem, thanks for this. However I've the same view as SilentBit. Cryptsy, and most recently MintPal, are common exchanges for PnD IMO. I like MintPal (or rather, liked), but I've seen so many coins die there that it's getting sad. Here's my personal list which I feel will not only help COIN, but also help these exchanges:

Also, not to take anything away from you, but have you tried all of the exchanges you listed? For one, I'd never recommend Coins-E. Do a quick search and you'll find https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241612.0 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418416.0, and as you can see from those threads I had my BTC and till now, GLC, stuck.

Gonna reach out to cryptoaltex today Smiley

Update:
Have reached out to cryptoaltex.

[10:26] <Shuxy> Hey chiznits
[10:26] <Shuxy> chiznitz Tongue
[10:26] <chiznitz> hi
[10:26] <Shuxy> Hey
[10:26] <Shuxy> can you consider adding COIN to cryptoaltex?
[10:26] <Shuxy> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485846.0
[10:26] <Shuxy> I think you guys handled HVC awesomely well,
[10:27] <chiznitz> have you seen our new Get Listed program
[10:27] <Shuxy> and think it'd be a good exchange for COIN
[10:27] <Shuxy> No
[10:27] <chiznitz> https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
[10:27] <Shuxy> Saw it now
[10:28] <chiznitz> 1 free vote per user per day
[10:28] <chiznitz> 100 votes required to partipcate in the random spin
[10:28] <chiznitz> so if you have enough interest
[10:28] <chiznitz> even free votes can can get you in quick
[10:28] <Shuxy> got it
[10:29] <chiznitz> if you're interested I can put you guys up now
[10:38] <Shuxy> Please do
[10:38] No such nick/channel

Unfortunately I couldn't reply in time, hopefully we see COIN listed soon here: https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin

Also, here's the support ticket I opened: http://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/374
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 02:54:26 AM

Hey all we have added COIN to our "Get Listed" program.

You get one free vote per day, once your coin reaches 100 chances(votes) you are automatically entered into our random coin selection with those 100 chances or however many chances you have.  The chances roll over from week to week, you can buy additional chances by donating .001BTC to the exchange. 

We're excited for our first drawing @ 8PM UTC Wednesday, should be fun!!

Vote daily Smiley   https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
cinming

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:14:50 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 03:44:07 AM by cinming

Hi all,

new here Smiley

I just voted for Coin at CryptoALTEX, and noted that i'm the 1st person to vote?  Grin

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-mG2qBOvlTHI/UykPFXamC7I/AAAAAAAAACc/UOFO-oQgt4Q/w1043-h66-no/Coin+Vote.jpg

Btw, i have a question about MPOS Pool @coin-mining.org
Last night i leave my miner on that pool, and when i logged this morning i found that i have reach the maximum limit of pool threshold. My balance stopped at 7300++ coin and don't add up. Calculate wise i should have more than 20k Coin in balance since i have found 8 blocks on that pool. Can some one look up for this problem for me? It'll be a great help for other new miner as well if this problem is fixed.

Anf big success for Coin  Cheesy
vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:19:58 AM

I revisited your links to cryptorush, and there is something I am uncertain of. Will the votes (Both the voted ones and paid ones) be accumulated, or will they eventually be reset?

Mintpal seems to have a similar system, but every user have the possibility of submitting 5 votes each hour. And it seems to be accumulated. Maybe we should try that instead? https://www.mintpal.com/voting

We could try:
1. We encourage each and every member of the COIN community to sign up for mintpal, and do an effort to place 5 votes on COIN each hour until further notice.
2. We will get an indication of how many dedicated people that tries to get us on the exchange.
3. If we consider to have enough dedicated people we can start to prepare a paid approach to get us to the top of the list.

What do you think of this approach guys?

vilgem, do you think Mintpal would be ok as a big exchange, or do you prefer Cryptorush?

You can vote for free at Crypto Rush too but the amount of votes you have somehow correlates with your tranding activity. New traders (just registered) have 0 votes there.
Your approach is quite good! We need to be sure the number of participants is enough before actually voting by our BTCs. Otherwise is would be just wasting of our money. I don't mind the exchange you proposed. We just need one more popular exchange to be exposed to.

But we can arrange a polling. @coin_project, can you please add a poll at the top of our thread with a question like this "Please mark 3 exchanges that you would like to see COIN to be listed in" (everyone can mark 3 exchanges). We will calculate the amount of votes in a week (two weeks) and decide which one to choose. The exchanges list is (in alphabetical order):

• Atomic Trade
  • BTC38
  • BTC-E
  • BTER
  • Coined-Up
  • CoinEx
  • CoinMarket.io
  • Coins-E
  • CryptoAltex
  • Crypto Rush
  • Crypto-Trade
  • Cryptsy
  • DGEX
  • MasterXchange
  • mcxNOW
  • MintPal
  • OKCoin
  • Poloniex
  • Ripple Charts
  • SwissCEX
  • Vircurex

vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 05:48:21 AM

Hey all we have added COIN to our "Get Listed" program.

You get one free vote per day, once your coin reaches 100 chances(votes) you are automatically entered into our random coin selection with those 100 chances or however many chances you have.  The chances roll over from week to week, you can buy additional chances by donating .001BTC to the exchange. 

We're excited for our first drawing @ 8PM UTC Wednesday, should be fun!!

Vote daily Smiley   https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin
Dear @chiznitz, thank you for posting your message here. We will hopefully try to participate, but can you please describe how your random generator works?

I would propose an approach like: we take a hash of every 200th BTC block, use such and such function to convert this hash value to a floating point number [0..1]. Then we sort out participating coins alphabetically. Every participating coin is then adjusted an interval [a..b] which is proportional to the number of votes the coin has. Intervals go in order and the union of these intervals is [0..1]. If the found number is in a coin interval the coin wins.

If you use somethink like rnd() function to choose a winner then... You know, to convince people you have a really fair random system it should be organized in a way I proposed. It should be random, but everyone should be able to check proof the outcome. Noone knows the hash of the next block to be found. But once it is found everyone can check it. And it is random. As we know the rate of BTC block generation you can list a new coin pair when every 200th (for example) BTC block is found.

vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 06:42:21 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 09:47:13 AM by vilgem

MintPal seems to be a good exchange but the price to get there is high too. It is ~10 BTC in total I think. And what is the most important they do not give any clue when they add coins to their list. They can add one coin every day/2 days/3 days/whatever they want. Therefore the total amount of investemts to get listed is really unknown! And the fact that they (I cite a quote from their website) "reserve the right to add new markets outside of the system where we feel necessary" sounds like an appeal to bribe which makes BTC votes even less valuable. I think MintPal is definitelly not the best choice unless they will accept a bribe in a reasonable amount of COINs. But as I mentioned earlier this can ruin COIN as the bribe will be sold very soon and this can potentially dump the exchange rate, so I mind it.

coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 07:08:23 AM

interest is rising, price is steady, new exchanges interested in COIN, community taking up.. yet, hashrate is dropping.
This is best time to start mining. A true potential and low diff. You can get metric ton of COIN even with 1 mh/s

guys, just have opened my eyes.. will address other posts when I woke up completely Smiley
it's great to see activity in this thread
vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:24:42 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:26:33 AM by vilgem

We have a varying hashrate, I don't think that it is dropping, it is floating. I think to attract more miners we need:

1) Change our thread title. The fact that a crypto is being traded on an exchange (actually not the most famous one) doesn't attract people. Almost every crypto is traded on an exchange. We need something appealing and luring! Like:

★★★ [COIN] ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★ JOIN NOW OR STAY BEHIND ★★★

I'd really argue on changing the title.

2) IMPORTANT. We need to post messages in this thread more frequently. When someone posts a message the thread goes up to the first position on its forum so that it can be noticed by other miners/inverstors who is reading and monitoring the forum. So, lets chat and discuss things.

SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:41:58 AM

Well, then, here's another post Grin

But we shouldn't just post for the sake of it - people will come in, see the noise and never come back.
So far, this thread as been quite interesting - let's keep that way Wink

First, I agree with vilgem - we should show some dynamics on thread title and come up with more attracting motos from time to time, demonstrating that things are moving around here. Emphasize that it's still quite easy to mine the hell out of COIN is a must - as I said before, we need more mined coin to help reduce the premine weight.

Second, let's try and give some extra incentive to those mining:

Coin-project and active pool ops, is there any way to map out the distribution amongst pools?

I've been on p2pool only and I'm still surprised how I can still do it with such low hash power - usually p2pools become useless to me after the first week, 'cause diff gets really high.
I'm still able to mine, per day, as much from the p2pool as I was in solo (solo boat has sailed now, diff to high)

If such mapping would be possible, then we could elaborate another miner-only round of bounty for those that are willing to hop-in, like we had in the beginning - dev really pump rewards back then Smiley
The mapping would allow coin-project to avoid concentration, by skewing bounty value towards a more uniform distribution of miners in pools.

Any other suggestions?

cinming

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:46:42 AM

Hi, newbie here. mind if i ask a stupid question?

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

which one is better to mine if i got low hashrate, let's say like 250~330 KH/s Huh

right now i'm mining on P2Pool, but it looks like i'm getting fewer Coin than mining on MPOS Pool.
vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:53:37 AM

I would suggest to slow down giving away bonties at the moment. 1% premine is not that much and I think @coin-project has given away a lot by now. Pools must get used to get profit introducing fees. Pool owners should understand that the first pools will become standard pools in the future and they will profit long-term. Low diff is THE BEST BOUNTY for those who join COIN today and start mining.

SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 10:57:32 AM

cinming, don't have a good answer for you, but I can tell you this: p2pool has been paying me out close to 600 COIN per hour and my hashrate is about 630 Khs
Haven't tried MPOS for COIN, yet

vilgem

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:04:54 AM
Last edit: March 19, 2014, 11:35:24 AM by vilgem

Hi, newbie here. mind if i ask a stupid question?

P2Pool vs MPOS Pool

which one is better to mine if i got low hashrate, let's say like 250~330 KH/s Huh

right now i'm mining on P2Pool, but it looks like i'm getting fewer Coin than mining on MPOS Pool.
Hi @cinming, nice to meet you here! If your hashrate is around 300 KH/s you will be able to find around 12 blocks per day. I think it is still good for solo mining but your earnings may not be smooth. The easy formula to calculate the estimated number of blocks is:

Nblocks = 0.02 * KHrate / Diff

where KHrate is you hash rate in KILO-hashes and Diff is the current network difficulty. You may check the current network difficulty in your wallet console by typing in getinfo command.

The block reward is 1000 now and for the next three months. So, to calculate your income just multiply the above formula by x1000:

PerDayIncome = 20 * KHrate / Diff

Keep this in mind!

coin-project (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 11:46:51 AM

Needed to jump out of the bed this morning, but I'm here on my iPhone following the discussion.
I'll change the title to a simple one, until we find a great one. Just trow your title ideas here. A small bounty for a best one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: