Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:46:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: poll for future use
option1
option2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★  (Read 40877 times)
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 05:40:28 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 05:50:29 PM by vilgem

@coin-project,

we have an issue with a wallet setting. @edric has already mentined it and now I can confirm it. You claim that 30 confimations are enough for a COIN to mature. I'm trying to install MPOS pool right now and I've encountered a payout issue if I set the number of required confirmations to 30. In MPOS logs I see:

ERROR -->  Wallet does not cover AP payouts - Payout: 4000 - Balance: 1000

MPOS terminal assumes it has 4000 coins. But wallet can confirm only 1000 of them. Others have just not matured yet. What is interesting is that the problem persists. Some time later I see in the log file:

Wallet does not cover AP payouts - Payout: 7000 - Balance: 5000

which means that MPOS terminal will never be able to manke payouts as the number of assumed coins is always larger then the wallet can confirm.

What is the real number of transactions required for a coin to mature? What did you set this number to when you were compiling the wallet?!

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shuxy

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 06:15:37 PM

We def need another exchange soon since c-cex is down often
The only way to get in another exchange is to buy enought votes. It is kind of investing but I'd also call it giving a bribe. To start buying votes we need to know how many people are interested in COIN porject. Some people who support COIN are chating here, but I'm sure that there are those who prefer to keep silence Smiley We need to know how many people are ready to support COIN project at the moment. Please post +1 if you are mining/investing/ready to mine/ready to invest/ready to support/interested in COIN.

+1

i think we should have a poll and decide which exchange that we want and then we all go vote for it to get COIN listed in that exchange, save up alot of time and effort Smiley

+1
resonance

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:45:17 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:27:20 PM by resonance

OPEN BOUNTIES....

SURPRISE BOUNTY
1. who ever buy COIN, will match amount purchased up to 12,000 COIN
post a screenshot of last your last trade here to claim bounty....

My COIN "Buy" Transaction @ C-Cex

COIN: CQhECaNucixbcdXSCkDWK2b55PM3Ed7vrj

https://i.imgur.com/jevOP9G.jpg

vilgem

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:55:15 PM
Last edit: March 22, 2014, 08:24:23 PM by vilgem

I think I've found a bug in MPOS implementation. It is in payouts.php. You need to comment out the following line which occurs twise in the file (for manual and auto payment blocks):

// [bug] $dWalletBalance -= $dBlocksUnconfirmedBalance;

The problem is that developers assume that:

Code:
$bitcoin->getrealbalance()

returns total balance (confirmed + unconfirmed). But it turns out that it returns only confirmed (matured) balance. @edric can you please doblecheck it? Once you fix the bug you shouldn't have negative balance problems any more. Don't forget to fix it in two positions in the file.

wulagui

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:05:11 PM

POW?

GET 100K FREE NBC.8399556404097461232
TheSmurfsCoin.Tgne4H9vvVDgTPiEu9AKFzHCm9S2WW7Qa1
vilgem

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:13:47 PM

POW?
Scrypt PoW. Still great diff for mining. Join.

mikhailmc

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

We def need another exchange soon since c-cex is down often
The only way to get in another exchange is to buy enought votes. It is kind of investing but I'd also call it giving a bribe. To start buying votes we need to know how many people are interested in COIN porject. Some people who support COIN are chating here, but I'm sure that there are those who prefer to keep silence Smiley We need to know how many people are ready to support COIN project at the moment. Please post +1 if you are mining/investing/ready to mine/ready to invest/ready to support/interested in COIN.

you do know that most people will stay silent on this one Smiley
If you provide me question and answers I'll setup the poll so every one can stay anonymous and express their vote.
You are right. Then please create a poll we mentioned earlier. We need to choose an exchange anyway. I think we need to provide check boxes instgead of radio buttons so that people can select multiple items. We can ask them to select 3 but if there is no way to check it then let it be. Even if they select all items there is nothing bad. We will choose the one with the largest number of votes anyway. The important thing is that one can't choose the same item twise.

• Atomic Trade
  • BTC38
  • BTC-E
  • BTER
  • Coined-Up
  • CoinEx
  • CoinMarket.io
  • Coins-E
  • CryptoAltex
  • Crypto Rush
  • Crypto-Trade
  • Cryptsy
  • DGEX
  • MasterXchange
  • mcxNOW
  • MintPal
  • OKCoin
  • Poloniex
  • Ripple Charts
  • SwissCEX
  • Vircurex

Good idea @rustyknight and @vilgem lets vote on the next one. We only need other exchanges to have a stable market. There should be more trading on the exchange we do have. COIN/USD on c-cex is not even being utilized.
nenzo007

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:50:30 AM

While we wait for the community to focus on an exchange. You can do any of the tasks below to help COIN:

It is free to place your votes on those exchanges, and the votes are accumulating. Remember, it is about exposure. If the numbers dont move, we look like a dead community!
vilgem

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:16:52 PM

While we wait for the community to focus on an exchange. You can do any of the tasks below to help COIN:

It is free to place your votes on those exchanges, and the votes are accumulating. Remember, it is about exposure. If the numbers dont move, we look like a dead community!
Although I don't mind voting I think it is just a wasting of time. I personally do not like to play this mouse clicking-game which exchanges owners have prepared for me. If we really want COIN to be listed in a popular exchange we should consider a possibility to give a bribe or to vote by BTCs. By the way I wanna point your attention to another thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.msg5855163#msg5855163

Vircurex is one of the most popular exchanges. And now they do not allow to withdraw BTCs (, LTCs and some other alts) because of they personal problems which noone cares about. I was wondering why some alt rates went up yesterday (VTC for example). Now I understand the reason for this. People try to save their investements converting BTCs to whatever appropriate and withdraw their funds while it is still possible.

nenzo007

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

By the way I wanna point your attention to another thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=49383.msg5855163#msg5855163

Thanks for the warning. I will try to trade the few funds I have there to WDC and withdraw.
nenzo007

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:08:48 PM

Although I don't mind voting I think it is just a wasting of time. I personally do not like to play this mouse clicking-game which exchanges owners have prepared for me. If we really want COIN to be listed in a popular exchange we should consider a possibility to give a bribe or to vote by BTCs.

I disagree. It is not a waste of time. If everybody does some clicking on the exchanges from time to time we can move the counter and secure a good position in the queue on that exchange. Even if we pay/bribe to get on one exchange we should continue to place votes on the others for future use. Unfortunately as we have seen with Vircurex, exchanges come and go...
cinming

Activity: 27

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 02:36:40 AM

hi, is the bounty still up? this is my screenshot solo mining the last 3 days with my extremely low hashrate lol

it's pretty impressive i still manage to find 6-7 blocks in 1 day with only 300~330 KH/s Cheesy

https://i.imgur.com/i2VOXkX.jpg
NoobSauce

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:28:33 AM

Guys, have you seen this list?  Shocked  https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
For only 3 BTC we could be no. 1 on the list at one of the best exchanges out there!

If we get COIN/BTC on Cryptsy we don't need to worry more about exchanges. This is THE exchange. I had an illusion that it would be more difficult to get on Cryptsy than to mintpal/cryptorush++. Obviously I was wrong.

I think it is time to act, else this window of opportunity will close. What do you say guys? Let me hear your opinions!

hmm. I think ive used every exchange except cryptsy.. when a coin gets listed there its usually a pump n dump and then swept under the rug. I prefer mintpal,poloniex. Alcurex should launch soon, maybe try to get on that exchange early as one of the first coins. It will also use USD>coin trading soon after launch.
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:40:12 AM

@coin-project,

we have an issue with a wallet setting. @edric has already mentined it and now I can confirm it. You claim that 30 confimations are enough for a COIN to mature. I'm trying to install MPOS pool right now and I've encountered a payout issue if I set the number of required confirmations to 30. In MPOS logs I see:

ERROR -->  Wallet does not cover AP payouts - Payout: 4000 - Balance: 1000

MPOS terminal assumes it has 4000 coins. But wallet can confirm only 1000 of them. Others have just not matured yet. What is interesting is that the problem persists. Some time later I see in the log file:

which means that MPOS terminal will never be able to manke payouts as the number of assumed coins is always larger then the wallet can confirm.

What is the real number of transactions required for a coin to mature? What did you set this number to when you were compiling the wallet?!

I'm sorry I didn't see your post before. I've had that issue with some of my other pools for the same reason, right now my Tesla pool is running in the negative because of "immature" coins. As long as those coins that are setting the wallet back aren't already "locked for users" as in ready to pay out by the system, then it shouldn't hurt anything. It's a flaw in MPOS, well not really a flaw, MPOS is doing what it's supposed to, but some additional handling for coins that "mature" since they behave slightly differently would be helpful. Since you're seeing errors out of it, though, one possible reason could be that you at some point had set confirms below 30, then back up, that can throw it off. If it's in the negative value MORE than the amount of unconfirmed you have, then you have a problem and it's going to be throwing errors. Try making a new "account" under your coin daemon, and use "./coind move "" "newacct" 10" then back again.. where "" is your default account, I'm assuming you know this. Then run ./coind move "newacct" "" 10 and see if it evens out. I've had a couple of pools bug out on me a little bit and moving coins back and forth actually helped, your mileage may vary though. Sending coins to another address and back did not help the problem, but using the "move" feature did, and I cannot even begin to tell you why! If you're still having problems being in the negative, temporarily funnel your personal coins into the pool's wallet until you build up a fee buffer to negate it, but your pool's liquid assets will ALWAYS be missing whatever is in your unconfirmed, so keep that in mind! Example, you have 5000 unconfirmed, and 5000 in your liquid assets, your actual liquid assets is 10000! It doesn't matter how many confirmations you have it set to, it's going to do this until they "mature" because of the way MPOS handles it. I've been meaning to have a chat with them about this, and a few other things. I have one of my pools on the brink of death (not Coin - we're good!) because of misbehaving wallets not passing TXID's along and MPOS not picking up certain things, so I know, lol, I know...

Good luck!

edric

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:50:33 AM

I just re-read my post, I hope that made sense to you.

I'm dealing with about a thousand issues right now but I'll do whatever I can to help you out.

vilgem

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 03:52:28 AM

@coin-project,

ERROR -->  Wallet does not cover AP payouts - Payout: 4000 - Balance: 1000

I'm sorry I didn't see your post before. I've had that issue with some of my other pools for the same reason, right now my Tesla pool is running in the negative because of "immature" coins. As long as those coins that are setting the wallet back aren't already "locked for users" as in ready to pay out by the system, then it shouldn't hurt anything. It's a flaw in MPOS, well not really a flaw, MPOS is doing what it's supposed to, but some additional handling for coins that "mature" since they behave slightly differently would be helpful. Since you're seeing errors out of it, though, one possible reason could be that you at some point had set confirms below 30, then back up, that can throw it off. If it's in the negative value MORE than the amount of unconfirmed you have, then you have a problem and it's going to be throwing errors. Try making a new "account" under your coin daemon, and use "./coind move "" "newacct" 10" then back again.. where "" is your default account, I'm assuming you know this. Then run ./coind move "newacct" "" 10 and see if it evens out. I've had a couple of pools bug out on me a little bit and moving coins back and forth actually helped, your mileage may vary though. Sending coins to another address and back did not help the problem, but using the "move" feature did, and I cannot even begin to tell you why! If you're still having problems being in the negative, temporarily funnel your personal coins into the pool's wallet until you build up a fee buffer to negate it, but your pool's liquid assets will ALWAYS be missing whatever is in your unconfirmed, so keep that in mind! Example, you have 5000 unconfirmed, and 5000 in your liquid assets, your actual liquid assets is 10000! It doesn't matter how many confirmations you have it set to, it's going to do this until they "mature" because of the way MPOS handles it. I've been meaning to have a chat with them about this, and a few other things. I have one of my pools on the brink of death (not Coin - we're good!) because of misbehaving wallets not passing TXID's along and MPOS not picking up certain things, so I know, lol, I know...

Good luck!
@edric, thanks for the reply! But I think I've figured out the problem and I'm pretty sure they have a BUG in MPOS implementation. I mentioned it in one of my prior posts, you probably missed it. Here is it again:

I think I've found a bug in MPOS implementation. It is in payouts.php. You need to comment out the following line which occurs twise in the file (for manual and auto payment blocks):

// [bug] $dWalletBalance -= $dBlocksUnconfirmedBalance;

The problem is that developers assume that:

Code:
$bitcoin->getrealbalance()

returns total balance (confirmed + unconfirmed). But it turns out that it returns only confirmed (matured) balance. @edric can you please doblecheck it? Once you fix the bug you shouldn't have negative balance problems any more. Don't forget to fix it in two positions in the file.

edric

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:04:54 AM

I'll definitely have a look at that.. I was actually looking earlier at the setup page on the MPOS Wiki at https://github.com/MPOS/php-mpos/wiki/Config-Setup#payouts

I noticed there's supposed to be a setting for that but is absent in the config file of MPOS, even the latest version which I pulled today for reference. That may be why it's necessary to comment those lines. I don't know if that's an oversight, or what. I need to speak with the devs about it but it's always a madhouse on IRC. We definitely need to bring that to their attention.

Here's a heads up though, if you have more problems with your payouts, and run validate_payouts.php and see missing payouts, verify them before you go paying them manually because I've had issues with one of my wallets not returning TXID's to MPOS but paying out anyway, thereby creating an extremely ugly situation which may ultimately ruin one of my pools. So keep an eye on failed payouts. If they stack up on you, god help you.

romang

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:10:56 AM

Not to shabby but I just can get excited there is to many coins out like this.

vilgem

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 04:27:00 AM

Here's a heads up though, if you have more problems with your payouts, and run validate_payouts.php and see missing payouts, verify them before you go paying them manually because I've had issues with one of my wallets not returning TXID's to MPOS but paying out anyway, thereby creating an extremely ugly situation which may ultimately ruin one of my pools. So keep an eye on failed payouts. If they stack up on you, god help you.
I think I'm not going to maintain a production pool anyway. I've created one for myself to play around. I'll probably share its address with several people but won't be able to maintain it when COIN community grows up. DDoS attacks are definitely not what I want to deal with in the near future Smiley

SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 09:39:49 AM

Ya, DDos are a bitch!

anyone could easily have a pool and the network would be so much resilient, but those f*****s out there just don't want to play nice, and so you get ridiculous costs Sad

Glad some of you are willing to take on the task, though Wink

Let me know if you want some hash power (low, unfortunately Sad ) and I'll gladly keep your private pool humming a bit more - between you and edric, I'm sure it'll always payout Smiley Especially when diff goes up

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: