Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:26:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: poll for future use
option1
option2

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★★★★ [COIN] ★★★★★  (Read 40877 times)
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:03:20 PM

Does anyone know what happened to activity levels on this Forum. My one is frozen at the level of 70. I've also noticed that others' level is frozen too. ?!

Mine's stuck at 168. Strange. I never was much of a fan of SMF, I prefer umm... whatever the other popular one is called that I can't remember the name of right now.

Anyway, my pool at http://coin.fedaykin.us is running smooth but could use more miners! Now that my few-day dev mining-spree is over the hashrates have dropped a bit! And thanks dev, that's paying the server bills for the month, pretty much.

My birthday is on saturday just in case anyone wants to get me anything! Like a GPU... cough cough
lol

SlientBit

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:41:41 PM

Hi guys!

I'm taking a beating at this block-of-death in edric's pool - I'm the only miner there, now.

Come and give a hand to a fellow coiner, will ya ? Wink At list until this block gets squashed or solved somewhere else ...

We have so few pools, we must cherish them, they'll be needed up ahead Cheesy

Thanks

SlientBit

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 09:58:36 PM

Hi guys!

I'm taking a beating at this block-of-death in edric's pool - I'm the only miner there, now.

Come and give a hand to a fellow coiner, will ya ? Wink At list until this block gets squashed or solved somewhere else ...

Thanks

Finally, it's done : 13,276 shares, more than 600% - darn block  Angry

Still want you all to join me in the pool, though Cheesy
Come on!

Edit: edric, please see PM Smiley

edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:12:38 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks

Come on!

I was watching last night before bed.. Several stubborn blocks.

http://coin.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee
**world's sexiest sysop**

Why won't my image load???

edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 04:23:31 AM

Hi guys!

Thanks

Come on!

I'm with ya man, with my 12kh lol. We're not having very good luck tonight.. With diff so low we should still be chowing em down faster.

edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:21:03 AM

http://coin.fedaykin.us
0.8% fee
Dedicated sysop
**Block finder bonus** - New!

-or maybe that should read "obsessive sysop" :b

rustyknight

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 08:07:56 AM

I'm in for a bit because I have been wondering about the names and how they would cope irl too - however, the 11.5M premine and no asic-proof future plans raises some concerns. Incase Coin would hit one dollar, for instance, I'm positive the dev simply would dump and walk away. Please address these concerns, tyvm.

Although there is 11.5M premined, if you look at the amount of coins the dev has given out and the amount of coins that is out in the market. The coin will only fail if we allow it to or we let it. i believe that the Dev wants this coin to succeed otherwise he will have done wat most coin has done Pump and Dump. I believe Dev has Kimoto Gravity Well, which pretty much covers us from asic miners. pardon me if i am wrong about any of the info, my personal view Smiley may wanna take a look at the link as stated below, to find out more about KGW Smiley

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/comments/1wc0sr/why_arent_we_discussing_implementing_kimotos/cf0k2dz

in case you are mining coin now do collect some bounty and hope they are still available which i believe so Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=485846.msg5564586#msg5564586
vilgem

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:20:11 AM

@coin-project, what are the latest news?

★★★ VERTCOIN ★★★ ALL GENIOUS IS SIMPLE ★★★
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:31:33 AM

I'm in for a bit because I have been wondering about the names and how they would cope irl too - however, the 11.5M premine and no asic-proof future plans raises some concerns. Incase Coin would hit one dollar, for instance, I'm positive the dev simply would dump and walk away. Please address these concerns, tyvm.

Why the fuck are you c & p'ing my earlier post word by word huh

Get some manners or gtfo
vilgem

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:06:48 AM

Why the fuck are you c & p'ing my earlier post word by word huh

Get some manners or gtfo
He probably just forgot to insert quote tags. I'm much more concerned by a fact that @coin-project has not appeared on the Forum for several days.

mrT2k14

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:39:16 PM

working on a new interface for my pool, what do you think? http://theminingcrew.com:24002/static/
vilgem

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:35:30 PM

working on a new interface for my pool, what do you think? http://theminingcrew.com:24002/static/
Looks nice. But do you really understand the meaning of --expiry 10 --scan-time 9 --queue 0 parameters?

@coin-project, it is not the right way to support the project. You haven't shown yourself up for quite a long time and it is really bad. You are the only COIN developer (I suppose) at the moment and I really hope that you are not going to abandon COIN in the very beginning of its path.

But just in case, does anybody know which project was initially used to fork COIN? What was the based project for it? I fetched the latest Litecoin branch and it looks VERY different from COIN code, number of differences is huge. So, I suppose it was not Litecoin. But what then?

liugangliuliu

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 02:52:39 PM

Icon looks very simple,i like it

nenzo007

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:41:14 PM

Great news!
I have been in dialogue with the exchange https://bittrex.com/ and they have shown interest in adding us to the exchange!  Cool
I will let you know as soon as I have more info.
nenzo007

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:49:44 PM

@coin-project, it is not the right way to support the project. You haven't shown yourself up for quite a long time and it is really bad. You are the only COIN developer (I suppose) at the moment and I really hope that you are not going to abandon COIN in the very beginning of its path.

He mentioned a holiday in one of the last posts, but I also expect him back soon. Lets wait until end of week, and then revisit the issue.
edric

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 08:50:06 PM

He mentioned a holiday in one of the last posts, but I also expect him back soon. Lets wait until end of week, and then revisit the issue.

Yeah, I think you're right..

It's ok though, guys. I mean, as long as the dev doesn't dump everything and walk away, we as a community are quite enough capable of keeping things together on our own. We don't need anyone to hold our hands or anything like that, though a little bit of a push in the right direction is nice. Lets just do what we've been doing.

nenzo007

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:06:34 PM

Welcome, nice to see new members around here.  Smiley
I can see you have gotten some great answers already, but I would like to add my opinion. In regards of the premine I don't consider it a problem at all. First of all it was the terms we all agreed on when we started to mine. It was announced from the beginning that it had been premined, and that a lot of it would be used for bounties.
I will also add that I think it is fair that the dev should have a COIN or two for the great work he has put initially  Wink

COIN has not until now shown any signs of a typical launch where everything is about dumping and forgetting.
if/when we hit one dollar, it would be far away from now, and COIN will at that point be strong enough to survive a dump.
The market on c-cex has since the very start been remarkable stable where you typically can sell COIN for 19 satoshis or buy for 27.

We are a small, but stubborn community. COIN is about building up something from the start with hard work and a lot of patience. We are still in an early phase where mining is very lucrative and I am pretty sure community will increase soon now that we slowly are getting more exposure.
nenzo007

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:27:09 PM

FYI: The exchange CryptoRush.in has problems. Losing millions of BlackCoins: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/25/cryptorush-loses-millions-of-blackcoins/
vilgem

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 03:18:10 AM

FYI: The exchange CryptoRush.in has problems. Losing millions of BlackCoins: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/03/25/cryptorush-loses-millions-of-blackcoins/
It turns out that crypto currency exchange business is a dangerous thing. I've read the post you mentioned and a related IRC conversation. As I understand it, CryptoRush.in developers chose an uncommon and really tricky practice of accounting customers' funds. It seems like every customer was assigned its own BlackCoin daemon and the exchange developers relied solely on what these daemons reported to their exchange. The last BlackCoin wallet/daemon update they installed had a bug which caused the daemons to report a wrong (much higher) account balance. So, many users exploited this flaw to convert their non-existent BlackCoins to whatever else to withdraw. So, the exchange has lost a lot of money.

The exchange owners must rely on their own accounting and not on what daemons report to them. But even in this case they are not safe. Alt coins are so rapidly emerging so it is impossible for open source community to control their code. Bitcoin team never accepts a code modification until it is checked 100 times by the community. As for alt coins, they are mostly developed by a few people who can do whatever they want. They can make a mistake or even introduce an exploit intentionally. Lets say an exploit which confirms a wrong (much much higher) transaction value to its recipient. Lets say "if a sender's address is such and such than report to the recipient a much higher value, while reporting the correct value to everyone else". Once such transaction enters an exchange one can steal a lot of money.

The conclusion: exchanges must be very careful with choosing coins they trade. They mustn't rely on wallets and what they report. Once a transaction is received they must use a 3rd party software (or at least another wallet) to check the transaction. The whole block chain must be analyzed to the very time a coin was mined.

Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 04:50:47 PM

Mac pack would be welcome
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: