Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:43:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest in new Fiat-based IPO  (Read 1200 times)
VaporXpress (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:29:24 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 05:03:03 AM by VaporXpress

Hi,

I'm Thanh Ho (linkedin profile): http://www.linkedin.com/pub/thanh-ho/7/246/b32.  
My footprints are all over the internet.  (Ex: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arbitrage_Wise)

I started with a small 18ft x 6ft kiosk and helped founded VaporXpress LLC in January of 2013, a B&M retail distributor of Electronic Cigarettes (www.vaporxpress.com).  In 2013,  our revenue was ~$270,000 (our first month was $3,000), with gross profit after COGS was ~48%.  Sales was approximately 50/50 in eLiquids/Hardware.  We source and will soon in-house our eLiquids from the US.  Our hardware we import directly from China.  We currently own 4 retail and 2 franchisee locations within the DFW, TX and Houston, TX area.  

After seeing the success of RentalStarter, I would like to gauge interest and advice on how I can leverage the crowdsourcing and non-bureaucratic element of bitcoin to help scale the business.  I understand that there are currency exchange risk for a fiat-based business in the short term, but I feel that the profits from the long-term should cover the risk. (Note 2/24: I could be wrong due to the currently 'low' price on BTC where I feel it could go up very fast very soon).

My objective is to crowdsource both a team and the resources needed to create a buying group for the purpose of importing and selling hardware in the US.  I would like to be the Fasttech of the US for the eCig market.  I'm not sure where to start explaining, so I would like to answer questions and build up the details from there.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VaporXpress (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:57:09 AM

I'd like to elaborate as I process thoughts, and hopefully spur some investigative/collaborative questions.  For the purpose of discussion, I'll call the business formed TG (The Group)

The project would take on multiple phases.  The initial phase would be for TG to bulk import products that VaporXpress (VXS) currently carries, and wholesale to VXS at a 15% markup on COD terms.  VXS has data available on hardware sales to help identify which products to start with, and expand on.  As the owner of VXS, we would gladly pay 15% premium if we can streamline our hardware for JIT inventory while also allowing us to free up capital to address other business areas.  We have data to show that 1st month sales should surpass a $10k from sales to VXS alone. 

(more details to come...)
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:07:16 AM

You do have btcstock exchanges like Havelock(that rentalstarte is on), cryptostocks and so on, bitcoin lending platforrms like btcjam, croudfunding places like kickstarter, but you probably need to check up how to comply with rules with someone who knows exactly how it works like MSantori https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=118100 here on bitcointalk if your in the usa & or your company is there or you seek funds from us citizens, rules & regulation over there seems to be a bit complicated even for smaller projects.

VaporXpress (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:22:46 PM

You do have btcstock exchanges like Havelock(that rentalstarte is on), cryptostocks and so on, bitcoin lending platforrms like btcjam, croudfunding places like kickstarter, but you probably need to check up how to comply with rules with someone who knows exactly how it works like MSantori https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=118100 here on bitcointalk if your in the usa & or your company is there or you seek funds from us citizens, rules & regulation over there seems to be a bit complicated even for smaller projects.

Thanks for the initial input.  I've contacted MSantori to see if he can provide some inputs and guidance.  One of the things I do like to point out regarding this is that I do not have to own TG.  You need someone located in the US to primarily do fulfillment.  Being incorporated in the US is not a prerequisite for executing this idea; the company can be formed where it's most optimal. 

Also, the initial phase only involves VXS as a guaranteed buyer, but TG should operate beyond VXS and as it's own entity.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:30:05 PM

Thanks for the initial input.  I've contacted MSantori to see if he can provide some inputs and guidance.  One of the things I do like to point out regarding this is that I do not have to own TG.  You need someone located in the US to primarily do fulfillment.  Being incorporated in the US is not a prerequisite for executing this idea; the company can be formed where it's most optimal. 

Also, the initial phase only involves VXS as a guaranteed buyer, but TG should operate beyond VXS and as it's own entity.
The problem is rather that if you do have a company in the usa(who owns the company probably matters less) you can most likely not issue shares at an "unregulated"/unsanctioned exchange like havelock, cryptostocks and so on to raise capital without beeing in violation of us laws, but im sure an us lawyer like MSantori can explain better what rules will apply to your specific case.

VaporXpress (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:49:59 PM

Does the company have to be a US company to execute the idea?  Could it outsource the inventory management and fulfillment to a 3rd party such as VXS?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: