Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm about to capitulate - WTF is going on?  (Read 1413 times)
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:45:32 AM

The BTC price has been pretty gag inducing for the last several weeks; peeking above $700 a few times, hovering around $600 most of the time with some dips into the $500s. Without saying stupid shit like "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose!" can anyone give me some sound advice? I've been hodling ever since I missed the last all time high. I laughed when bitcoin got valuated at $1300 each but now I feel like maybe it wasn't that funy.

I'm sure the recent dip below $500 is because of this Mtgox shit (which shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone TBH) but what's really going on here?

Big stacks of bitcoins staggering their dump on us?

Market manipulation?

Ghostbusters 3 was announced?
btc4ever

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:51:15 AM

maybe you should look at the all time logarithmic chart and consider what it would have looked like if you had bought just after one of the peaks.

Psst!!  Wanna make bitcoin unstoppable? Why the Only Real Way to Buy Bitcoins Is on the Streets. Avoid banks and centralized exchanges.   Buy/Sell coins locally.  Meet other bitcoiners and develop your network.   Try localbitcoins.com or find or start a buttonwood / satoshi square in your area.  Pass it on!
Riffed

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:54:52 AM

The BTC price has been pretty gag inducing for the last several weeks; peeking above $700 a few times, hovering around $600 most of the time with some dips into the $500s. Without saying stupid shit like "Don't invest more than you can afford to lose!" can anyone give me some sound advice? I've been hodling ever since I missed the last all time high. I laughed when bitcoin got valuated at $1300 each but now I feel like maybe it wasn't that funy.

I'm sure the recent dip below $500 is because of this Mtgox shit (which shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone TBH) but what's really going on here?

Market manipulation?

1. Go to www.bitcoinwisdom.com
2. Select Bitstamp (or MtGox if you ignore this month), 1 week interval, and choose Logarithmic in Settings.
3. See if you can detect a pattern beginning in 2011...

While past performance is no indication of future results, patterns often repeat.
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:04:28 AM

Market manipulation?

1. Go to www.bitcoinwisdom.com
2. Select Bitstamp (or MtGox if you ignore this month), 1 week interval, and choose Logarithmic in Settings.
3. See if you can detect a pattern beginning in 2011...

While past performance is no indication of future results, patterns often repeat.
Holy shit they're almost identical.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:05:13 AM

The market is spooked because of the MtGox situation which is kinda overshadowing all else

My sense is that most of the selling is not by early guys but by folks who bought in post- May 2013

While the path for BTC remains promising, it is clear now that this is not a get rich quick scheme but requires a long time horizon

It is perhaps not helpful to check prices everyday as the vol is likely to confuse further

If you don't have the stomach for the long game, you should get out

kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:05:33 AM

is this just bcoz of GOX or some other bad news came in?
phr0stbyt3 (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:15:44 AM

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:20:31 AM

You, and hundreds of thousands others like you, just got goxxxxed.

It has been happening since June-2011 with regularity.

DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:37:40 AM

http://www.scribd.com/doc/209050732/MtGox-Situation-Crisis-Strategy-Draft

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
nirom

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:00:10 AM

No doubt it will got much lower in the next fews days if Gox is to completely dissapear. I think it's a nice time for a bargain.  Tongue
Riffed

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:36:45 AM

maybe you should look at the all time logarithmic chart and consider what it would have looked like if you had bought just after one of the peaks.

Lol sorry - didn't see your post when I wrote mine Smiley
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:19:57 AM

Think market will settle in the 300's

Overall a buying iopportunity

YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:29:08 AM

Think market will settle in the 300's

Overall a buying iopportunity

nup its all good ...market is now happy ...and certainty has entered ...

Watch it go upz Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Mythul

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:35:30 AM

I guess this is the end of Bitcoin....on GOX.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: