Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Sold] ExchB account with $84.40  (Read 1140 times)
nmat (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:30:55 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2011, 05:43:53 PM by nmat

EDIT: The account is no longer for sale. I cashed out the money via paxum with the help of Bitinstant. The money was deposited in my TradeHill account.

--------
Exchangebitcoins.com just closed and I got caught in an unfortunate situation because I do not live in the US. I deposited a few bitcoins there and I made a few trades, but now there's no way for me to withdraw USD without paying high fees (or using Paxum, which I don't want).

So I am selling my account to anyone who can easily withdraw my $84.40. Here are the withdrawal methods:

Withdraw USD via Paxum
Paxum withdrawals are free except for Paxum's $1 fee and are sent within 8 hours.

Withdraw USD by Check
Checks are sent to the name and address below at the time of request. Limit 1 check request per user per day.

Withdraw USD via ACH
ACH allows ExchB to send funds directly to your bank checking or savings account. Funds usually arrive in 2-3 business days. There is a $1 fee per ACH transaction.

Withdraw USD via Wire Transfer
There is a $25 fee for domestic wire transfer and a $40 fee for international.

I would like to trade the account for bitcoins and I am willing to pay a little extra above market price. I have been a member here for a few months, but I have never made a trade so I understand if you don't want to trust me. I have high reputation at the Bitcoin Stack Exchange (if that matters...) and I also have an ebay account with positive feedback.

Contact me via PM. I will send a screenshot of the account, if you want.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:56:44 AM

This sounds familliar ...

"I am a nigerian atourney, my client just died and I need your help to get 1 million USD out the country ..."

or

"I am a US serviceman in Iraq, and I just found 75 billion USD, send me a wire to this account to help me sneak the money into the US ..."

But this is only $84, so it is probably legit. Something that small is not even worth pulling a scam with. Smiley

No, I am not a Nigerian prince  Cool I am Portuguese, which may also seem a little far away though. Anyway, my options were paying $40 for a wire or giving out my ID to Paxum so I thought that I might get a better deal from the community.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 01:03:43 AM

Why don't you sell the silly USD for a currency that isn't restricted by borders? Exchange to BTC, then withdraw.

You are, in the same breath, both proving the value of BTC and ignoring it  Wink
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 01:12:58 AM

Exchange to BTC, then withdraw.

That is what I have been doing. But today they decided to close the exchange and clear the orderbook: https://www.exchangebitcoins.com/marketdata

Check their topic at the bitoin discussion section
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 02:10:56 AM

It would have been nicer if they gave more notice, so people like you could exchange back to btc.

Maybe. But I understand their decision. If this was known beforehand the market reaction would be unpredictable. By freezing everything they made a clean cut so you can't accuse them of "spreading panic to collect last minute fees".
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 02:16:38 AM

It's a problem - I had a BIG $8.57 there.  I found a friend in the US who agreed to have a cheque posted to him, otherwise it would have gone to waste.  Instead, he's got enough money for Huh??
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 10:57:25 AM

Bump. Anyone interested in helping me out? Smiley
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 12:54:47 PM

How many bitcoins do you want for it? How big of a discount would you give to help you out?

It's not a big amount so the discount could be around $10, but it depends on the offers I receive.
epetroel

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 01:17:12 PM

I'll make an offer - 31BTC.  If that sounds OK to you, PM me and we can sort out the details.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 02:02:10 PM

nmat,

If you'd like to withdraw to our Paxum account, we can credit you $81.40 on TradeHill or via MtGox Coupon.
Depending on how long it takes ExchB to withdraw into the account, as soon as I confirm its there I will transfer the funds to you!

PM if you'd like to go thru with it.

----

Everyone else, We're going to be adding Paxum to bitinstant in a few hours, you will be able to withdraw into our account or your own account and get it transfered to TradeHill or MtGox instantly.

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
nmat (OP)

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 02:21:46 PM

I'll make an offer - 31BTC.  If that sounds OK to you, PM me and we can sort out the details.

Thanks for the offer, but I just solved the problem with Yankee's help.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 02:24:06 PM

Thanks for the offer, but I just solved the problem with Yankee's help.

Done deal!

nmat has withdrawn into Bitinstants Verified Paxum account. As soon as the funds are in, I will immediately transfer it into his TradeHill account.

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

Jessynoo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:30:22 PM

Done deal!

nmat has withdrawn into Bitinstants Verified Paxum account. As soon as the funds are in, I will immediately transfer it into his TradeHill account.

-Charlie

Hi,

can I too request a quote for my $71.44?

Cheers
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 08:55:16 PM

Done deal!

-Charlie

Hi,

can I too request a quote for my $71.44?

Cheers

Sure, send me a PM and we can get started.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: