Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:30:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] litecoin.miningpool.com now PPLNS 0 % fee % of donations to charity  (Read 6163 times)
froggy (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 01:58:59 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 07:28:58 PM by froggy

Pool has now been relaunched. Please see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51746.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 03:15:24 AM

Looks like its working...and with 0% fee you can't beat it.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 03:49:14 AM

You have to have javascript enabled for it to work at all, and I didn't see a link to set up your workers (gotta cut-n-paste from the how to page).  Looks like less total hashing power than one of my CPUs, but definitely looking good if it gets some power.  Any donation % is better than the 5% of the 'other' pool. =)

doobadoo

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 03:53:22 AM

You have to have javascript enabled for it to work at all, and I didn't see a link to set up your workers (gotta cut-n-paste from the how to page).  Looks like less total hashing power than one of my CPUs, but definitely looking good if it gets some power.  Any donation % is better than the 5% of the 'other' pool. =)

With the other guys pool, i would commonly get 0 LTC on blocks.   not sometimes, like 1 out of 4 blocks from the other pool and i'd get zilch.  dunno why that is really, never got a satisfactory answer.  but it stands to reason that if the pool finds a block, every one submitting hashing during that period should get something.  maybe this pool will run better for me.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 03:55:42 AM

mm "other guys pool" there are 3 listed in the wiki.

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
doobadoo

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 04:56:31 AM

LMP still looking for its first block.  C'mon folks, only 4 kh/s.  NO FEE, is it that hard to point your miner to a new link?

terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:16:39 AM

Throwing 20-or-so Khashes/s at you for now!
doobadoo

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:25:25 AM

Throwing 20-or-so Khashes/s at you for now!

U rule!  Lets get rollin, I"m due like 11 or 12 LTC the moment the block comes.  ;=)

Intention

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 05:39:27 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2011, 11:52:17 AM by Intention

I think I'll give this a go with my weak 11k hash/s

Depending if I have time tomorrow I'll try to fire up my old AMD comp but I doubt it'll give all that much power, also my laptop (i7 ftw) will be on and off when I got time between classes and a plug handy  Wink

Edit: Boo it only shows barely 4 Sad now I feel like a liar.

Edit 2: doobadoo I think 120 confirms might be a little high for it to officially show up on balance...

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 12:46:58 PM

Depending if I have time tomorrow I'll try to fire up my old AMD comp but I doubt it'll give all that much power, also my laptop (i7 ftw) will be on and off when I got time between classes and a plug handy  Wink

Edit 2: doobadoo I think 120 confirms might be a little high for it to officially show up on balance...
That's what the Litecoin network requires. For it to be paid out earlier, the pool operator needs to put in a margin, running the risk of having the blocks invalidated by the network.
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 01:51:42 PM

for this short litecoin-rounds: plz update-info once a minute - ten minutes are toooooo long Wink
Intention

Activity: 128

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 02:23:32 PM

That's what the Litecoin network requires. For it to be paid out earlier, the pool operator needs to put in a margin, running the risk of having the blocks invalidated by the network.
Ah alright, I didn't really read into all the technical aspects of Litecoin but that makes sense.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
froggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 02:57:05 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2011, 11:35:03 PM by froggy

Thanks everyone so far for joining - we're doing great, with 6 blocks found so far and 181KHashes per second!  

Schwede65 - Part of the reason for the 10 minute updates for earnings statistics is to discourage pool hoppers, and partly to keep the server comfortable at a low load (including discouraging people to reload all the time).  Hashrate reporting also depends on the 10 minute period to give a reasonable estimate of individual members' hashrates. This hashrate calculation is done based on the number of shares shubmitted over the 10 minute period.  At the moment, unfortunately changing the 10 minute intervals to 1 minute gives highly inaccuarate hashrate estimates (I gave it a go after reading your post and hashrates estimates were looking very wonky just based on the 1 minute period), so I think it'll need to stay at 10 minutes for now.  Patience is the answer Smiley  

Updated: I was feeling your pain too with the 10 minute delays...things have now been tweaked so that updates are now once a minute.  Cheesy
doobadoo

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 03:53:58 PM

Thats just for mined coins right?  will the client force some one to sit on money from other users for several hours before it can be spent?  Just wondering aloud.

froggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 07:30:01 PM

I'm currently working on something to enable stats to be updated more often than the current 10 minute interval.  You may notice your hashrate estimates go a little gaga whilst I'm tinkering away under the hood, but everything else including recording shares will continue to work fine.
froggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 11:29:39 PM

Okies folks, statistics are now updated once a minute rather than every 10 minutes.  Hashrate calculations (also updated evey minute)  are now based on your last 15 minutes worth of shares found rather than the previous 10 minutes, so should give a better average of your hashing.

There's now an email address on the site too, if you prefer to contact me that way for any questions.
Party Hard

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 03:55:41 AM

I'm in! Nice site and nice stats.

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 02:04:23 PM

Thanks everyone so far for joining - we're doing great, with 6 blocks found so far and 181KHashes per second!  

Schwede65 - Part of the reason for the 10 minute updates for earnings statistics is to discourage pool hoppers, and partly to keep the server comfortable at a low load (including discouraging people to reload all the time).  Hashrate reporting also depends on the 10 minute period to give a reasonable estimate of individual members' hashrates. This hashrate calculation is done based on the number of shares shubmitted over the 10 minute period.  At the moment, unfortunately changing the 10 minute intervals to 1 minute gives highly inaccuarate hashrate estimates (I gave it a go after reading your post and hashrates estimates were looking very wonky just based on the 1 minute period), so I think it'll need to stay at 10 minutes for now.  Patience is the answer Smiley  

Updated: I was feeling your pain too with the 10 minute delays...things have now been tweaked so that updates are now once a minute.  Cheesy

Thats fine, thx Wink
panerai

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 20, 2011, 02:53:07 AM

great pool here guys. I've tried pretty much all of them, I'm getting the best results here.

Thanks Froggy!
froggy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2011, 03:24:00 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2011, 06:01:11 PM by froggy

Great to hear you like the pool Panerie and Party Hard.  We're flying along really well.

There was a little blip that happened last night...a block was found between Round 80 and 81 which wasn't recorded in the stats.  This appears to have happened by a block being found at the very same time that the stats-updating cronjob (which runs every minute) was updating the stats.  I've updated the cronjob now so that it locks the database from any "writes" during the stats updating (shares will justs queue up patiently waiting for the cronjob to complete, and then will write to the database only after the cronjob has fully done its stuff).  This should prevent similar problems in the future.

As a result of the blip, the timings recorded for blocks since last night were one block off on our blocks page at   http://litecoin.miningpool.com/blocks.php from last night.  Apart from the timings shown in the blocks found page, and the fact that you've been paid based on the immediately previous block since last night,all calculations of shares and awards that everyone has received are correct.  This is except for between round 80 and 81 where miners are due a share of the extra block which was found between block 80 and 81 but was not originally recorded.

To get the timings and everything back on track, I've stuck a zero share block at round 126. This will get things back so that everyone is now being paid based on the current block your're mining for.  In the day or so, I'll allocate the 50 Litcoins from the missing-but-now-found block between all miners who were mining on round 80 and 81.  This will be done based on the number of shares you mined during round 80 and 81, as a proportion of the overall total number of shares in round 80 and 81. 

Sorries for any confusion.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: