Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:06:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying with ETH Pair confusion  (Read 202 times)
TUMAS (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:08:38 PM
Last edit: August 13, 2018, 05:56:25 AM by TUMAS

Need help with my query:

I have 3.5 eth which was bought at a price of $1,878
Value is now $ 1,249

Now if I buy a coin example XRP at 0.32 with all my eth, will I be loosing even more indirectly as I am buying something with my current ETH?

This confused the shit out of me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TUMAS (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:56:01 AM

Guys?
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

it doesn't matter what you convert your ETH to, as long as that secondary coin is also falling down you will lose money. for example in this case XRP is also falling down so buying it means you get out of ETH for falling to go in another coin that is falling!

the only way you can make profit is if the second coin is rising. for example if you had bought Peercoin yesterday with your money instead of holding ETH or converting it to another dumping coin like XRP then you could have made 35% profit meaning turning your $1249 into $1686

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
TUMAS (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:31:51 AM

OK so it never makes sense that when your traiding pair which is ETH and is dropping you never buy a dropping coin.

I know that ZRX is one which recovers very fast and with its current price it will easily hit a 40c increase in no time. Is that still a bad decision to go for ZRX/ETH in the current market situation?
McDevlin182

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:38:36 AM

To figure out if you are "loosing" or profiting off of an investment the first thing you have to decide is..... What is your end goal?  For example in this market are you trying to gain BTC value, ETH value, some other "altcoins" value, or fiat value?  If you are just concerned about gaining fiat value and both XRP and ETH dropped by 30% in USD then it doesn't matter which one you hold onto.  Likewise if you are just concerned with gaining BTC value compare how these coins/tokens have been shrinking/growing as compared to BTC.  If they are moving by the same percentages then it doesn't matter.  In the end if you don't move your financial value out to fiat or a "stable asset" you technically never make a profit or a loss anyway.........  
dgoswami12
Copper Member

Activity: 253

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 06:39:03 AM

OK so it never makes sense that when your traiding pair which is ETH and is dropping you never buy a dropping coin.

I know that ZRX is one which recovers very fast and with its current price it will easily hit a 40c increase in no time. Is that still a bad decision to go for ZRX/ETH in the current market situation?
If you want to hold eth , you can hold , when the market will be in up , you will get profit. But if you want to convert your eth to alts , you can choose any coins that is good for you , dont fall in for any signal groups , mostly they are created for manipulating the market. And the only way you can a make profit in this case is when the currency you bought will be in up.

Neutro             ❱❱❱  More than a blockchain
Herbert2020
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:43:42 AM

it is hard to choose an altcoin in this market these days because they are all getting dumped but 0x seems to be holding its ground above 13k satoshi pretty well although its USD value have been declining. so i don't know whether there is a rise in its near future or not to be honest.

If you want to hold eth , you can hold , when the market will be in up , you will get profit.

with a quick calculation you can see that OP has bought his ETH at $536 ($1,878/3.5) and the current price is $300ish which is about 40% or more loss. the market  needs to see a huge pump of 70% before OP starts seeing his money back and another 5% to see a small profit!
and that is only assuming ETH is not going to fall any lower like reaching $100

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
TUMAS (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:04:02 AM

If you want to hold eth , you can hold , when the market will be in up , you will get profit.
[/quote]

with a quick calculation you can see that OP has bought his ETH at $536 ($1,878/3.5) and the current price is $300ish which is about 40% or more loss. the market  needs to see a huge pump of 70% before OP starts seeing his money back and another 5% to see a small profit!
and that is only assuming ETH is not going to fall any lower like reaching $100
[/quote]

Exactly.. I need a 70% pump to start seein money back.. So I dont know if I should hold my ETH or go in for something like ZRX to make some money..
MilfordGannon

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:27:10 AM

You already on lose with ETH so I hope you will be careful with your next step and wish you will be helped by experienced one.
TUMAS (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:42:46 AM

You already on lose with ETH so I hope you will be careful with your next step and wish you will be helped by experienced one.

Yes thats why I wrote here. I am -600 on ETH and wanted to know if i go in xrp or zrx I will get a good pump and sell back into eth.
LateMoveR52

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:44:25 PM

That need to be careful when anyone take decision to sell some and by these they want to buy some. They have helped by experienced someone otherwise they can faced difficulty.
BitcoinNewbie15

Activity: 574
Merit: 296

Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:58:36 PM

Yes thats why I wrote here. I am -600 on ETH and wanted to know if i go in xrp or zrx I will get a good pump and sell back into eth.

Realistically, there is no way of knowing what alt would be good to exchange for. You always could exchange your ETH for XRP but then ETH could pump massively and you are stuck holding a sideways moving bag of XRP. I think if you are down that much already, it's best to just Hodl ETH. ETH has fantastic developers making dApps and improving the network as a whole. It has a great roadmap, and once sharding comes out, it will be a whole different landscape. I am much more bullish on ETH than I am on these other alts. The price is already really low, I don't see it going much lower than this.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:00:48 PM

Need help with my query:

I have 3.5 eth which was bought at a price of $1,878
Value is now $ 1,249

Now if I buy a coin example XRP at 0.32 with all my eth, will I be loosing even more indirectly as I am buying something with my current ETH?

This confused the shit out of me

You will lose just 0.01 percent, this is for the fee on exchange.
But if you think it will go rise then its nothing to worry about that 0.01percent.
If you think ETH will go rise soon then you must stay.
bct9t

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:59:31 PM

It will not a bad if anyone buying something with ETH. There is no need to be confused it is better to be confident as buyer.
rosstiller

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 04:29:11 AM

Investing in a new project always bring a new scope for getting more profit but it also bring risk for investors. Before investing in XRP try to analyse its market situation and consult with your team.
Loye

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:20:50 AM

Be careful about your investment. Investing in XRP will bring a good profit for you and beside this  you should not bring up all ETH. Before bringing up analyse about XRP and its potential.
Monetniy

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:33:28 AM

And you do an analysis of this or that coin, look at it's movement, perspective. Maybe you do not pay attention to zrx, but to capp. And who knows, maybe in the near future eth will grow faster than the coins offered by me and you. Try to diversify deposits by selling eth and buy different coins, I think this will be a more correct option.

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Herbert2020
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:44:28 AM

And you do an analysis of this or that coin, look at it's movement, perspective. Maybe you do not pay attention to zrx, but to capp. And who knows, maybe in the near future eth will grow faster than the coins offered by me and you. Try to diversify deposits by selling eth and buy different coins, I think this will be a more correct option.

no it will not be a correct option because it is not really diversifying, it is something that YOU call diversifying!

diversification is only done correctly if you buy assets that are not connected to each other and it is done so that you reduce the risks of your investment while increasing the profit potential. for example if you invest your money in bitcoin and gold it is called diversification not when you invest your money in ETH and ZRX and 10-50 other altcoins.
you can look at the market today and see why it is a terrible idea. ALL the altcoins are going down together as the whales dump all over the market and this is while bitcoin is still remaining near $6k with a tiny drop below it.

Huangshe

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:48:08 AM

ETH is more profitable but now it fall down price that  does not mean it can not come back. it will turn again and increase their price. it will ensure you make profit. if you analysis last year price list.
Found bt

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:49:11 AM

Stay touch with this industries and try to be secure. Analyse more about ETH and as well as XRP before doing that. You can consult with you team about this regard. Hope You will make a perfect decision.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: