Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: We are at "DESPAIR"  (Read 2258 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:39:05 AM

I believe we have reached the "DESPAIR" stage, feeling of "hopelessness" has gripped the bitcoin world, everything is down, people sold all their altcoins, etc. Which IMO means prices are going to "final bottom out" within this week, then we return to mean prices and stick there till the next lift-off.

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:29:20 AM

Just because you didn't post that silly "stages of a bubble" chart, don't think that people can't see what you're doing.

Current prices aren't what they are because of someone's idea of where we are in a bubble.

They're what they are because of the MtGox situation.

Go ahead and despair if you want. I'll wait for more news and clarification of what's really happening at Gox.

Meanwhile, I'm holding my coins and freeing up fiat to buy more.
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:31:01 AM

You can't both reject the "stages of a bubble" chart and refer to its stages in your analysis at the same time...
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:38:58 AM

Don't see it. Everyone who actively trades crypto is well enough informed of what's going on. This whole situation seems a bit too unique to fit neatly into normal market behavior to me.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 4505

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:40:17 AM

You can't both reject the "stages of a bubble" chart and refer to its stages in your analysis at the same time...

I hope that was directed at the OP.

I certainly am not referring to that chart's stages, unless "Gox implodes" has been added as a stage.

I've long been on record as having reservations about using traditional TA and other accepted financial orthodoxy for Bitcoin.

I give the bubble stage chart little credence when applied to bitcoin.

IMO this event is news driven, not trend driven.
TERA

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:40:56 AM

I hope that was directed at the OP.

I certainly am not referring to that chart's stages, unless "Gox implodes" has been added as a stage.

I've long been on record as having reservations about using traditional TA and other accepted financial orthodoxy for Bitcoin.

I give the bubble stage chart little credence when applied to bitcoin.

IMO this event is news driven, not trend driven.

Yes it was @op sorry
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:43:49 AM

I agree, plenty of investors out there who have been promised $10k bitcoins in 2014, dont really understand whats going on, bought at 900+, and sold today.

we are in despair.

Unfortunately, the market is not precise, we could be in more or less despair tomorrow.

good time to buy. sleep well in coins!

also, keep a bit of fiat under yer pillow!

Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:54:14 AM

Buying both BTC and alts right now, a good time to be greedy.
cosmofly

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:06:20 PM

Despair despair everywhere ! ALL OF YOU CRY bwhahahahaaa

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:08:52 PM

I believe we have reached the "DESPAIR" stage, feeling of "hopelessness" has gripped the bitcoin world, everything is down, people sold all their altcoins, etc. Which IMO means prices are going to "final bottom out" within this week, then we return to mean prices and stick there till the next lift-off.

Sorry...but ya know what....

.....I disagree. I sense relief....."ah, Bitcoin has bottomed, now back 2 da moon"

That isn't despair.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
cosmofly

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:11:20 PM

.....I disagree. I sense relief....."ah, Bitcoin has bottomed, now back 2 da moon"

That isn't despair.

art of war

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=486602.0

TERA

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:11:36 PM

Thankfully there are things I can OBJECTIVELY look at. Either this was bottom or we are 1 step away from it.
cosmofly

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:13:21 PM

Thankfully there are things I can OBJECTIVELY look at. Either this was bottom or we are 1 step away from it.

which exchange ?

TERA

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:14:56 PM

which exchange ?
stamp
cosmofly

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:16:31 PM

which exchange ?
stamp

PIGS WILL DIE

$300 @ Stamp Tonight

see u soon

Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:16:33 PM

I think 400 on stamp was the bottom; the worst is over.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:18:48 PM

I think 400 on stamp was the bottom; the worst is over.

nahhhh not even close.. keep the faith gentlemen Grin
FierceRadish

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:20:20 PM

That isn't despair.

Have to agree here. Based on the sentiment in this forum, we only nuzzled up against despair.
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:22:09 PM

I agree...

except if there are forces at work (with access to 750K stolen coins perhaps) that are intend on slaughtering Bitcoin TA and indicators don't mean shit.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
TERA

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:24:43 PM

I agree...

except if there are forces at work (with access to 750K stolen coins perhaps) that are intend on slaughtering Bitcoin TA and indicators don't mean shit.
The 750K coins have been stolen from gox over the course of 3 years. It didn't just suddenly happen now. There is not a pile of 750k coins waiting to be dumped. It is likely dumped already.
cosmofly

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:26:07 PM

I agree...

Mat you need to sell your coins NOW, $300 in 5 hours. Chinese Art of War, This is the last stand, The Dragon cannot prevail, The Eagle will kill all when he awakens.

MatTheCat

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

The 750K coins have been stolen from gox over the course of 3 years. It didn't just suddenly happen now. There is not a pile of 750k coins waiting to be dumped. It is likely dumped already.

Yeah Yeah......

But that doesn't mean that there isn't forces at work intent on kicking crap out of Bitcoin.....

....from Bitcoin Steve onwards, I think it would be a safe guess to say that there are....

....as per my Chinese cowboys slaughtering bulls with power tools in a barn dream, and then gambling rump steak against each other.

I came out my short at $550...went back in and then bottled it suspecting yet another Bitcoin retard rally (but who is to call it a retard rally if my ass would get liquidised in amongst it)....I slept right through the smash down to 400 and had about 60 BTC of buy-ins missed by $8.67. That's right, no staggered tranches for me...I am an all or nothing fucking idiot man. However, right now with Bitcoin at $495, I am neither confident of going short or long. If I went short, I suspect I would be likely to get my arse squeezed, but I am equally convinced that there is much more of this shit to come.

Despair?

Don't make me laugh. What there is here, is relief. If this were to play out as the bottom, then it would be a carbon copy of what I and many others called weeks ago, and what has happened previously........so chances are it may not just work out so 'obvious' this time around.

Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:09:54 PM

So are we going to see on the news the "Granny which bought coins on Mt.Gox to leave to her grandkids and lost all her money" ?
MatTheCat

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:17:59 PM

Mat you need to sell your coins NOW, $300 in 5 hours. Chinese Art of War, This is the last stand, The Dragon cannot prevail, The Eagle will kill all when he awakens.

What the hell you talking about?

All the action in Bitcoin seems to correlate to the dragon's waking, working, and wanking hours, not the eagles.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: