Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 02:57:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why always the same wallet?  (Read 506 times)
cryptokoolio16 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:51:59 AM

With so many alt coin I am absolutely amazed to see the small amounts of innovation in the GUI of the wallet qt's.

I do get that most the coins copies themselves, but how can it be that not one other alt coin I have come across has a different wallet.

Always the same thing send receive transactions. All the pages, maybe some different coloring or images.

What the hell guys, someone be a real Dev and make a new GUI for a wallet.
hrrsn

Activity: 33

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:19:48 AM

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. It's less work for developers.

If you want one so badly, go ahead and create one.
BitCoinPokerBro

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:08:45 PM

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. It's less work for developers.

If you want one so badly, go ahead and create one.

Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?
zyfreetip

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:38:37 PM

With so many alt coin I am absolutely amazed to see the small amounts of innovation in the GUI of the wallet qt's.

I do get that most the coins copies themselves, but how can it be that not one other alt coin I have come across has a different wallet.

Always the same thing send receive transactions. All the pages, maybe some different coloring or images.

Just look at the mastercoin, three totally diffirence wallets.
anderl

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:45:16 PM

You are actually asking crapcoin "developers" to do real software development?  They would have to know how to actually compile their own code even!?!?!

Most crapcoin developers are just joe shmoes who don't know how to program a dvr let alone actual software.  THey follow a tutorial on a blog on changing a few variables, how to compile and then launch. 

There are a lot of good wallets out there for BTC and LTC that have been done by real developers.  I recommend investing your time money and resources in coins that have real development like that.
FoBoT

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:23:25 PM

i agree. if I see a [ANN] thread for a new alt and it has a super user friendly wallet GUI that isn't a qt clone, then i'll get behind it with great expectations.

like the other dude said, most of these clones have 0-1 actual programmers working on them
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:33:36 PM

There are quite a few different designs out there. I am guessing you are looking at all the coins made either by that auto website Coingen??  or by one of the guys here that will create a coin for you for a small payment.  The devs there don't have a clue about what they are doing, let alone trying to fancy up a wallet.

What coins are you looking at that all have the generic wallet design?

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: