Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reporting Bugs in the Age of Cryptocurrencies  (Read 177 times)
AzatFinrazor (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 02:43:02 PM

Interesting article about how it can sometimes be dangerous to do a good thing.

What do you think about it?

Props to Cory!
easybtcearn2017

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:40:26 AM

Cryptocurrency is more popular in this current world but it’s natural that it’s have some bugs but crypto still gradually improving. So report bugs as well as.
alinalovedoogie

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:11:20 PM

That’s not impossible to have some bug on cryptocurrency. So it’s need to be reported but is there any threat to report on cryptocurrencies bug.
AltCoinShooter

Activity: 230

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:01:53 PM

I don’t know that if anyone report cryptocurrencies bug, felt bad effects on them. I have no experience about that but if I have a clear view I will be benefitted.
stealth.money

Activity: 561
Merit: 255

Going stealthy

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:07:47 PM

Interesting article about how it can sometimes be dangerous to do a good thing.

What do you think about it?

Props to Cory!

Very good for Cory

CrazyBTC7800

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:32:00 PM

Really it’s a nice article. Corey fields nicely present bitcoin cash vulnerability in his article. I believe it eill help me and many other to survive in crypto world.
ShareAccepted

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

Victorieum Digital Wallet Revolution

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:57:21 PM

I don’t know that if anyone report cryptocurrencies bug, felt bad effects on them. I have no experience about that but if I have a clear view I will be benefitted.

There was a clear case not long ago with nano, someone started creating them out of the blue and they had to stop the listings all togheter. Was it nano? Not sure.

sidneycrypto6

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:21:12 PM

I got really surprised by this news. It is truly a threat to the community of crypocurrncy. I hope that this kind of problem gets shirted out and we can do business hassle free and securely
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:33:35 PM

I read the article and I do not get it, he says that he was afraid that they point arrows at him, but logically if he used this Bug!! Then why would he report it! Reporting it alone was enough evidence that he did not use it to his benefits right?
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

Here is a quote from the article that I believe nicely illustrates the point here:

As cryptocurrency developers, it is necessary to take a step back now and then to re-evaluate the tools at our disposal, as well as the policies and procedures that we put into place. We may not be able to eliminate the threat of bugs like these, but we can learn from them and be better prepared to handle them in the future. ~Cory Fields, Bitcoin Core developer
Source: https://finrazor.com/news/reporting-bugs-in-the-era-of-cryptocurrencies

All this just goes to show how critical cryptocurrency programming is. You have to have first class programmers, or you are willing to put huge amounts of money at stake. Once I heard Jameson Lopp in a podcast talking about bitcoin programming. He was comparing bitcoin programming to rocket science -- there is no room for mistake in either of them.

Utouippe

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:17:51 AM

your statement is unfortunately not very clear to me,  but as far I can assume maybe you are taking about the reporters who research about cryptocurrency and make reviews this is good and bad at the same time cause sometimes they provide false news as well which effect the market
CodiepieBCT

Activity: 202

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:30:34 AM

There will be a little risks where there will be lots of profits. So, collect information about your project and be careful,stay safe. Bugs are not in everywhere study more and stay safe yourself.
Bryrsyrog

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:44:56 AM

Some risks may have been hidden in the crypto. But in order to get something good, there will be some danger to be accepted. Crypto is now the most profitable and potential. You can take the risk for your profit.
Dina Alina

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:56:33 AM

I always believe that there will be a little risks where there is a lot of profit. So be careful and stay safe but it does not mean there has a huge bugs everywhere.
GoldenShark

Activity: 83

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:11:58 AM

In general no risk no gain. crypto are now more profitable and demandable, it is better than traditional transaction. but every good things has little hide dangers. crypto are same. but we should aware and take this risk for get more profit.
hinaries

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

Crypto are more reliable and potential. its futurer are best. but it has little danger. we can reduce this risk by our awareness. it will make more profit based on risk. it's also secure and promising.
painkiller321

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 07:43:55 PM

Good thing that the bug had been fixed otherwise, a lot of hackers and scammers would have tried to exploit it and steal people's money since the bug was related to critical check in the transaction signature type. Developers should be more careful from now on before releasing a coin since a lot of investors would be investing their hard earned money on it.
CryptoBry714

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:24:06 PM

It’s better to add a bit more detailed information in your posts. However, thanks for sharing the article with us. Lucky that the scammers and hackers couldn't take the advantage of this bug. Hurting bitcoin cash would have cost billions of dollars as well as would have made the crypto market very weak. Developers should be more aware of their project’s well-being.
cryptosmith03

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:10:38 PM

Honestly, I feel that Cory should have disclosed it earlier, when we first found out the bug. Already, a lot of investors have lost their trust on these fork coins as they are performing very poorly on the market. So, their developer team should have the minimum sense of making it foolproof even after releasing it.
MoneyCryptor520

Activity: 257

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:03:25 PM

Whatever he did was really commendable. He has done the right thing for its user's safety. It is really very crucial to make it secure from the hackers who are working really fast to capture this market as this totally depends on cloud computing.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: