Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:40:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid ICO scam.  (Read 23595 times)
Osaaah (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:12:50 PM

Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazata3

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:13:58 PM

Have a lot of knowledge about ICO.
tycsols

Activity: 812
Merit: 10

BountyMarketCap

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:21:30 PM

I think it is a very difficult thing to say whether a project is scam or not, what we can do is do 100% analysis of each project from all aspects and if we see some negative signs or red flags we should share them all over the internet so that the average investor can become more vigilant and in this way avoid getting scammed.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
rijaljun

Activity: 1274
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:23:38 PM

There is no 100% chance to avaid scams as you may know scammers are smarter day by day. But of course it is possible to minimize from falling to a scam project : doing a deep research about the project is one big way to minimize it. I hope there will be a real platfrom that will be able to help investors avoiding scam ICOs, a true platfrom, not just a cheap talks or cheap plans.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:25:28 PM

Apparently, ICO investors continue to fall prey to innumerable ICO scam. The effect of this is very devastating on investors perception of crypto-project ICOs.
While it appears there is no apparent solution to address the current scam associated with ICO in the crypto space. I propose that we help each other in finding out the best ways to identify and separate genuine ICO from fake ones....
Share your view and help a friend from falling prey to ICO scam. Let help build a healthy crypto environment. Fight the scam now.

You can't really avoid those ICOs if they turned out to be a scam project. But there are things that makes them legit and you need to look for it from them before joining in.
Vsamuel

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 05:46:12 PM

I must confess, the crypto space has become so condensed that it is very difficulty to identify a legit ICO to invest in. However, the best you can do as an ICO investor is to take time to do your homework pretty well about the project you wish to invest in. Double check goal and vision of the project and its feasibility in the crypto space. Thereafter do a background check on the dev team and other companies they partner with. You might also want to avoid double check any personal message you receive from the project you wish to invest in... Most of these messages are scam and not actually from the dev team of the project you wish to invest in..
bigdaddyderp

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:08:51 PM

It takes tons of research. If your going to drop money on something where just about everyone loses money you need to be damn sure you have found a diamond in the rough.  This isn't 2016-2017 the game is way more dangerous now.  I have gotten caught a few times this year. 
jwplayer0
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 30

[REP] Augur

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:26:30 PM

I believe that the most important thing to study in a project is a team and a product. If there is no product at the time of the ICO, the risks increase.

EVOS

Activity: 141

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:33:54 PM

To avoid being exposed to ICO SCAM, the fastest way is to learn from people who are experts in ICO investment. or we can try it yourself by checking the web, team, WHITEPAPPER etc. but all that requires knowledge, so my advice is to find someone who is an expert and learn from him
EwaTohmi

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:36:04 PM

I have been looking for a thread like this for a long period of time.
Thank God at last I found one
I have fall victim of ICO scam time and again.
I came here to read and learn from you people how to avoid it
DamilolaB

Activity: 313

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:58:41 PM

It is a fact that scam ICOs are prevalent presently in the crypto world but I think until there is a high level of regulations concerning initiating any ICO,  scam will still be looming around. But also from every potential investor adequate research necessary not to fall prey of these scam ICOs.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:32:40 PM

To avoid scam , ensure you take the underlisted into consideration
1. Do not be so eager to invest into bonu/presale offer, no matter how attractive
2. Ensure you research adequately about the project, what they are out to offer, the solution they are out to solve,past project and experience fro the team member.
CCF_news

Activity: 88

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:41:34 PM

Identify fraudulent ICO projects possible on a white paper project and activity in social networks. I noticed that if you see little technical information in white paper and very low activity in the social networks of the project, then you need to better refrain from investing in such a project.
coinholic

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 11:18:56 PM

In order to avoid ICO scams, we must choose a trusted manager or an ICO platform that provides legit projects. In my case, I choose projects listed in Bountyhive. They only have a failure rate of 10% which for me is acceptable. Also, projects are required to be escrowed prior to listing in Bountyhive.

Mix_Fix

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:29:03 PM

Don't invest in ICO? A lot of project can't reach soft cap, most can't reach main goal. I don't want to say about token price after listing on exchanges.
Bet9ja111

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:43:22 PM

The best way to avoid ico scam of any form of scam is to be very vigilant and also very observant you need to go through the whitepaper of the project and do alot of enquiry as to know how firm the project is get to know the team involved and their profile and also do as your head leads
Shakyamuni

Activity: 49

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:54:17 PM

It can be said that it is very difficult to avoid ICO scams. Those so-called rating websites, from the media or foundations, all serve the interests in this unregulated world. So the best way to avoid it effectively is to have enough experience yourself.
FastSlots

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:57:53 PM

The best way to avoid scams is to not invest in any ICO. Any ICO can be a scam. If you are interested in investing in ICOs but are afraid of fraud, then you need to have basic experience to be able to identify them. Check out the ICO reviews at reputable rating sites. Search dev team and investors are real or fake ...
rashio

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:04:07 PM

It is hard to answer your question. For me, till now still no an accurate formula to avoid scam. Scammer becomes smarter recently. But you can use your experience and make own research to know it. Don't believe in ICO with lack and unclear information.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:12:50 PM

Well that's what "some" of the people do here. You need to go to this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0)-Scam Accusastions and you will see some of our members finding on a potential scam. And if you can find one, you can post it there as well so that it can give fair warnings to all of us. Just follow the SCAM format there, and I'm sure that a lot of members will be happy.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████