Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:14:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deposited to mtgox via OKpay Can i claim it?  (Read 4173 times)
willope (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:29:58 PM

A few days ago i deposited all my money to my Mtgox account, supposing its just a teemporary problem of withdrawal and finally i make some profit(yes, i am greedy and so, thats not the question). Can I claim my money on OKpay saying that the site just dissapeared and I never had my money where i sent?

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
lopman

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:21:40 PM

Same problem with SEPA transfer
Test User

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Miner and technician

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 02:31:45 PM

SEPA transfers are irreversible. You will have to ask the recipient for a refund or go to court and sue for a refund.

If the recipient of the money is insolvent, then it may be impossible to get all (or any) of your money back.

Donations welcome - BTC: 1f52PwRLHkN4w5uBY6EccKiDYqpLkh13y     DOGE: DCg65AKPG76X5LEtWCqfyRj4a6apYRHR8j
Trust: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432215.0
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 03:14:03 PM

FWIW, I sent a $250 wire to Mt. Gox first thing Monday morning morning (US EST), and it has already been credited back to my account.  Citibank took $30 for the send and $30 for the receive, but the full $250 was credited back as an incoming wire.  I took no action other than sending the wire.
lopman

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:34:25 AM

Thanks Test User, I am talking with the bank.
Cubic Earth: my english is not good enought to understand your comment
Cubic Earth
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:51:14 PM

I sent a wire transfer on Monday.  On Tuesday it was returned to my bank account.
willope (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 261

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:22:40 PM

Well, I have claimed my money, this is the answer: https://i.imgur.com/apsr5yP.png?1
For now I don´t know how will end this story but this answer reassures me a little bit. And can be a hope for some people who recently deposited via Okpay to MadGox.

Go get a job instead of wasting ur time with scams
Plum

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:08:56 AM

I deposited USD 5,000 via OkPay the day before the site was taken offline. Thanks for the info I will contact OkPay now.
lopman

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:36:12 AM

I sent a wire transfer on Monday.  On Tuesday it was returned to my bank account.

Really? It was a SEPA or international transfer? It was to a polland bank? And you didn't apply?
Thanks for your answer.
MinerLT

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 05:38:37 PM

Do you guys think okpay can reverse funds back ?? I send 6000usd with okpay

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it

MinerLT

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 08:27:26 AM

up

negerkolle

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:17:41 AM

I hear OKpay have their lawyers looking into it. Would not expect too much though...
MinerLT

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:53:50 AM

confirm. got reply from support that their lawyers working on this

PoCoMo

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 02:06:58 PM

Huge news if OKPay can get our money back!!!! I used them too!
T.Stuart

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 03:16:36 PM

We should pool together the facts from the messages we receive from OKPAY.

I was not told specifically that lawyers are involved, but I did receive the following:

As you already know the largest MtGox bitcoin exchange (www.mtgox.com) ceased any trading activity and the website is no longer available for public.

Unfortunately, at the present moment we do not have any exact information on the situation with the MtGox. We will get in touch with the company management and monitor further course of events.

We want to assure you that your recent payments are on the internal MtGox account in the OKPAY System, and, if the MtGox company cease to exist without fulfilling its obligations to customers, we will send your recent payments back to your OKPAY account; so your funds will not be lost or stuck without any reason when we receive a confirmed report on the situation.

We will appeal to MtGox to address this issue and keep you abreast of the situation. We will do everything possible to ensure that our clients either receive the service they paid for or get their money back to the OKPAY account.

and then...

Hello, we have not receive required information yet. Please do not worry, the issue will be resolved. Either the MtGox will return the money or we will.
Thank you

and then...

Hello
Please note that we will warn you if there will be any progress in solving this situation.
We kindly ask you to wait.
Thank you.

Has anyone received anything substantially different? Could someone post an example of the message including the bit about OKPAY having their lawyer involved?

Thanks

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
depechebtc

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 03:44:11 PM

Same here — Did you guys get any updates?

janos666

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 04:08:57 PM

Forget my English. I just wrote something very quickly, so I can possibly point to it later (I felt it's a wasted time and effort to contact them at this poin).

Hy,

I heard from a lot of people on various internet forums that they asked OkPay if they can revert their payments made to MT.Gox (www.mtgox.com - Magical Tux Gothering of Exchange - a Bitcoin cryptocurrency-fiat money exchange site) and got an answer that OkPay's lawyers are looking into it.

I was one of those people who sent fiat money to Mt.Gox to buy Bitcoin but could never actually rceive their Bitcoins because the whole site got shutdown and now the company filed for bankruptcy, etc.

As of this moment, I don't wish to make any requests for anything else but information.
I wish to be notified if OkPay can do and/or willing to do anything like that (reverting the fiat money transactions) or not.

Until it's clear to me what I can possibly do, I don't demand my money back. I would prefer to receive my Bitcoins. And only if I can't get my Bitcoins, I might want to get my money back.
3/11/2014 11:01 PM GMT

Their full answer way only this:

Hello, thank you for contacting OKPAY Support!
Our lawyers are currently investigating this issue. We will keep our clients updated.
MinerLT

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 07:59:43 PM

i hear that some banks has returned funds to customers.. so i think and i hope okpay can do the same..  coz i send money to nowhere, gox account was never credited..
but why they need lawyers ?? can they just click button "reverse transaction" or something like this. all funds still in the internal MtGox account in the OKPAY System.

David48l

Activity: 600
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:09:22 PM

Hello, thank you for contacting OKPAY Support!
Our lawyers are currently investigating this issue. We will keep our clients updated. But when they will keep updated? Never?

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
David48l

Activity: 600
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 09:10:18 PM

i hear that some banks has returned funds to customers.. so i think and i hope okpay can do the same..  coz i send money to nowhere, gox account was never credited..
but why they need lawyers ?? can they just click button "reverse transaction" or something like this. all funds still in the internal MtGox account in the OKPAY System.

is simple but prefer to stay with our money

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: