Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:48:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TOP 5 Altcoins - Aug 2018 - Update 3 (Nov)  (Read 927 times)
kabit9 (OP)

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:52:56 AM

Today I have replaced Atonomi with Pundi X [NPXS]. This was not originally my intention to switch coins, but I have lost faith in Atonomi project and switched my holdings into NPXS.  I hope this set of 5 will remain solid for the coming months.

Below are the entry prices as on 10 Aug 2018:

Golem [GNT]  - $0.186
Atonomi [ATMI] -  $0.015 Pundi X [NPXS] - $0.0018 (replaced/priced on 31 Aug '18)
Quarkchain [QKC] - $0.0384
Ontology [ONT] - $1.77
Polymath [POLY] - $0.233

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
badykvik

Activity: 895
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

For me, top 5 altcoins in 2018 are
ADA
NEO
LTC
Cardano and
Ripple.
privedvelosiped

Activity: 434
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:11:41 AM

All right, I have some funds I am going to deploy at current market prices equally divided into the following 5 alt-coins.

Golem [GNT]  - $0.186
Atonomi [ATMI] -  $0.015
Ontology [ONT] - $1.77
Polymath [POLY] - $0.233

I will update this thread periodically as a performance record of this small altcoin portfolio.
I like your briefcase. I believe that there are other interesting coins. For example, CRD,ADA, I bought them. By the way with the Golem I agree with you, this is a coin I like.
supporterb

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:31:42 AM

All right, I have some funds I am going to deploy at current market prices equally divided into the following 5 alt-coins.

Golem [GNT]  - $0.186
Atonomi [ATMI] -  $0.015
Ontology [ONT] - $1.77
Polymath [POLY] - $0.233

I will update this thread periodically as a performance record of this small altcoin portfolio.
Not so much bad choice for investment. But I recommend you to invest on ADA. It is a very good coin with great chance of increase price. But I still respect your decision.
RameTesli

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:41:40 AM

ADA
NEO
LTC
Cardano and
Ripple.
they are different coins? ))
Skoliselita

Activity: 69

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

ADA
NEO
LTC
Cardano and
Ripple.

RameTesli Cheesy Cheesy 
whats your top 5 ?
1 BTC
2 Bitcoin
3 ETH
4 Ethereum
5 ? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
NikyGreyton

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

MOCKTAIL.FINANCE

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:45:31 AM

ADA
NEO
LTC
Cardano and
Ripple.

RameTesli Cheesy Cheesy 
whats your top 5 ?
1 BTC
2 Bitcoin
3 ETH
4 Ethereum
5 ? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

i think he is newbie,

══════════════☛MOCKTAIL.FINANCE☚═════════════
The First ERC 1155 Standard Semi-Fungible Token on BSC
Leenwar

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:03:30 AM

BAT’s on my top list (a real functional product unlike others). I remember I was trying to buy the ICO and had my ETH ready and woke up early looking at the timer... within 18 seconds, it was sold out and I was pissed!
KyberJaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:51:23 AM

I think that now many altkoins are cheap enough and you can buy any of the top 50. I advise DENT ZIL NCASH NEM

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
https://www.betformcoin.io/
mihruw77

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 12:38:49 PM

In 2010, technology had developed to a place where the idea of connecting viewers directly to TV shows in real time was finally possible. I worked with a team of engineers and TV producers to build the first prototype for iPowow. A year later, our technology allowed Sports Center to pose a question live on air to the audience like, “Who will win the superbowl this year?” Viewers use their phones to go to the Sports Center vote page to pick their team and the results of the poll show up in real time in the TV studio. Viewers feel more connected to the show, and Sports Center and their sponsors learn more about their viewers.

Turns out people do want to engage more with their favorite content, but they just didn’t know it. When we presented iPowow to TV executives at Disney, Fox, and NBC, they all went for it. We’ve since worked with all the major TV networks and Fortune 500 brands from Coca Cola, to Samsung, to Lexus.

If I’d asked viewers what they wanted to change about their TV experience in 1996, they may have told me they liked it just the way it was. This is why the mantra of what’s next drives me to continue iterating novel solutions for iPowow rather than resting on our laurels as a globally known technology for enabling participation TV.

The next development for iPowow takes engagement to the next level. We are building an initiative called the HIT Protocol, which enables viewers to get paid for watching and engaging with their favorite shows. No one asked us for this invention because people didn’t know it was possible. The advent of blockchain changed that, as the technology allows for the tokenization of activities like watching and participating in TV shows.

Here are 3 steps for anticipating what’s next instead of what’s now:

Read the signs

Though people may not be conscious of what they desire beyond the here and now, they will leave hints about what they may want in the future. This is actually how Facebook and other tech platforms know more about their users than users know about themselves. People leave clues to their unconscious desires through their actions and behaviors. Facebook has been known to predict whether a user will get married or get divorced before the user has consciously made that decision.

Trust your instincts

It’s always a good idea to listen to mentors and those who came before you, but at some point you have to trust that voice in your head (or the gut feeling you get) and go for it. If I’d listened to and accepted the way things were all those years I worked in television, I never would have built that first prototype with iPowow.

Don’t stop

If you’ve successfully built a product that people want and use, great! That’s hard to do, but don’t stop there, because there’s always the next thing. This is why, despite iPowow’s work and relationships across the TV and media industry, we are now developing the HIT Protocol to further deepen the bond between viewers, content, and brands.Where do I get the most up-to-date information?

Medium: https://medium.com/@HitProtocol
Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/GbhICkzlix0FAiTlQIzufA
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HITPROTOCOL
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HitProtocol
kabit9 (OP)

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 03:06:23 PM

Today I have replaced Atonomi with Pundi X [NPXS]. This was not originally my intention to switch coins, but I have lost faith in Atonomi project and switched my holdings into NPXS.  I hope this set of 5 will remain solid for the coming months.

Golem [GNT]  - $0.186
Atonomi [ATMI] -  $0.015 Pundi X [NPXS] - $0.0018 (replaced/priced on 31 Aug '18)
Ontology [ONT] - $1.77
Polymath [POLY] - $0.233

Monthly update coming next week around 10 September.

mihruw77

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 12:07:08 PM

The Genesis of iPowow

Back in the late Nineties I was working at a London-based TV production company. The idea was to provide viewers with a little box with plastic buttons labeled, “A, B, C, and D” that would allow them to interact live with the TV show’s host. For example, if the guest today was Brad Pitt, a question might pop up on screen with four choices like this:

What topic do you want to hear next?

Pitt’s upcoming epic sci fi thriller, Ad Astra

What happened to Angelina Jolie?

Best and worst Hollywood experience

Acting vs. producing

Viewers could then select their choice and ultimately determine the direction of the show they’re watching. In the late Nineties, the technology wasn’t where it needed to be to make interactive TV possible. But the idea of providing viewers with opportunities to engage directly with their favorite shows stuck with me.

For the next decade I produced, scripted or edited TV shows such as “BBC Top Gear,” “MasterChef,” “So You Think You Can Dance,” “Big Brother,” and “MythBusters.” It seemed I was the only one asking how we could get the audience engaged in real-time. Why? No viewers were asking to engage with the TV show in real-time, so why change them? This is why what’s next is more important than what’s now.

In 2010, technology had developed to a place where the idea of connecting viewers directly to TV shows in real time was finally possible. I worked with a team of engineers and TV producers to build the first prototype for iPowow. A year later, our technology allowed Sports Center to pose a question live on air to the audience like, “Who will win the superbowl this year?” Viewers use their phones to go to the Sports Center vote page to pick their team and the results of the poll show up in real time in the TV studio. Viewers feel more connected to the show, and Sports Center and their sponsors learn more about their viewers.

Turns out people do want to engage more with their favorite content, but they just didn’t know it. When we presented iPowow to TV executives at Disney, Fox, and NBC, they all went for it. We’ve since worked with all the major TV networks and Fortune 500 brands from Coca Cola, to Samsung, to Lexus.

If I’d asked viewers what they wanted to change about their TV experience in 1996, they may have told me they liked it just the way it was. This is why the mantra of what’s next drives me to continue iterating novel solutions for iPowow rather than resting on our laurels as a globally known technology for enabling participation TV.

The next development for iPowow takes engagement to the next level. We are building an initiative called the HIT Protocol, which enables viewers to get paid for watching and engaging with their favorite shows. No one asked us for this invention because people didn’t know it was possible. The advent of blockchain changed that, as the technology allows for the tokenization of activities like watching and participating in TV shows.

Here are 3 steps for anticipating what’s next instead of what’s now:

Read the signs

Though people may not be conscious of what they desire beyond the here and now, they will leave hints about what they may want in the future. This is actually how Facebook and other tech platforms know more about their users than users know about themselves. People leave clues to their unconscious desires through their actions and behaviors. Facebook has been known to predict whether a user will get married or get divorced before the user has consciously made that decision.

Trust your instincts

It’s always a good idea to listen to mentors and those who came before you, but at some point you have to trust that voice in your head (or the gut feeling you get) and go for it. If I’d listened to and accepted the way things were all those years I worked in television, I never would have built that first prototype with iPowow.

Don’t stop

If you’ve successfully built a product that people want and use, great! That’s hard to do, but don’t stop there, because there’s always the next thing. This is why, despite iPowow’s work and relationships across the TV and media industry, we are now developing the HIT Protocol to further deepen the bond between viewers, content, and brands.Where do I get the most up-to-date information?

Medium: https://medium.com/@HitProtocol
Telegram: https://t.me/joinchat/GbhICkzlix0FAiTlQIzufA
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HITPROTOCOL
Twitter: https://twitter.com/HitProtocol
redtax98

Activity: 105

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 12:12:45 PM

Blockchain can increase project transparency, decrease investor risk and develop into an effective financing tool for quality blockchain projects.Most of ICO’s fail because their product contribution is not needed as well as the fact that no major hearing can link with the product. They don’t make sure you conduct intensive market research to make sure that there actually is a need for the initial coin offering concept they are trying to create. Projects make sure they try and create a real functional token economy that makes sense and has a reason for existing. People see many initial coin offerings out there that exist just for the sake to make money. These ICO’s are mostly scams and will fail.

Because a company is holding an ICO, does not necessarily mean that their product has anything to do with blockchain technology — just that they have tokenized their fundraising efforts using a platform. INGOT Coin aims that using blockchain technology is better, and investors need to be aware of why. Investors need to question if it makes good business sense to invest in a company based purely on its use of blockchain technology.

INGOT Coin ensures that funds and personal data are secured during and after ICO. In addition, the team ensures legal compliance not only in the country of registration, but also in all the countries where project operations and token use are planned. INGOT Coin uses transparent legal structure and provides clear justification for blockchain and own utility token. INGOT Coin team is sure to test  MVP if and consider how well it aligns with the promises made in the white paper, satisfies the use case, and demonstrates the advantages over other offerings in the space. We give importance that MVPs should have users, investigate any available customer feedback and how the team has responded. INGOT Coin believes that our brand is the face of our offering and the more time we take to create a good brand identity, the better the rest of our marketing communications will be.

INGOT Coin started to shape the future of the financial markets by collecting their soft cap, receiving over $40,000,000 USD. The team behind INGOT Coin announced that the Pre-token sale is officially closed after successfully raising $40,000,000 USD. In addition to this great new, all INGOT Coin holders can now use their ICC in our Brokerage, INGOT Brokers, and start trading over +1000 instruments. 1 ICC equals 1 USD and will be deposited accordingly in INGOT Brokers.

INGOT Coin ICO phase will finished at 10th October. Based on INGOT Coin extensive financial model, we have placed a hard cap of $90,000,000. This number will ensure we provide the best services with optimal allocations into each component of this all-inclusive ecosystem. Everything is going on right now and Dev team is already working on all our product under the favor of reaching the soft cap target. Team has continued to build innovative product and not waiting for finish of our ICO. INGOT Team believes that victory will be the true workers!!
mayokaren

Activity: 53

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 01:54:25 PM

Golem [GNT]  - $0.186
Atonomi [ATMI] -  $0.015  Pundi X [NPXS] - $0.0018 (replaced/priced on 31 Aug '18)
Ontology [ONT] - $1.77
Polymath [POLY] - $0.233

I agree with your line-up and I will look into those coins to invest few amounts. POLY is a good project which is undervalued due to market condition.
consideritdone

Activity: 602

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 02:15:31 PM

https://www.coingecko.com/en
I think EOS h potential
Investhunter

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:48:03 PM

My 3 pick is:

1) Waves  - smart contracts implementation
2) Neblio  - all languages for Dapps
3) Spectrecoin  - ability to STAKE on STEALTH addresses
Bezobraznike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

My 3 pick is:

1) Waves  - smart contracts implementation
2) Neblio  - all languages for Dapps
3) Spectrecoin  - ability to STAKE on STEALTH addresses

I think all the lists are good, even yours. I don`t know how can anyone make the Top 5 list
without telling us about that Top 5 is about. What they have more than others?
   Higher market cap, more supporters, or something third I don`t know. Maybe it`s a list of
individual best picks, but that individual Top 5 should be pointed out.
   I have my own list, and it`s based just on which one I like more, or favor more than others.
I like all my investments equally, so I don`t wish to point out any of them, by the way I have
almost all coins from your list.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mrmogz

Activity: 47

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 01:15:48 AM

My 3 pick is:

1) Waves  - smart contracts implementation
2) Neblio  - all languages for Dapps
3) Spectrecoin  - ability to STAKE on STEALTH addresses

Agreed on all 3 of these! Everything is at a great buying price right now, and I am a big believer in the long term value of XSPEC as the top PoS privacy coin.  

If I was to add another 5 coins/tokens (long term not quick trades) I would go with...  

OMG
RHOC
VET
ENG
QASH

Obviously a bunch of the top 10 will likely do well short and long term also.
linkybit

Activity: 560
Merit: 107

Keep Working

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 04:01:10 AM

In current market conditions, no altcoin looks like the better for short-term investment, most promising altcoin Eth drop to $200. However, there is excellent potential for long-term investments.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
Titorelli

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 05:07:25 AM

Im currently into the following coins. I've arranged them based on what I feel will offer the highest potential rate of return to the lowest (Though I believe all will net a nice return.) for the upcoming year of 2019. Feel free to take a look.

1. Spectrecoin, XSPEC
2. Cardano, ADA
3. Banca, BANCA
4. IOTA, IOT
5. OmiseGo, OMG
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: