Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:45:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] 'Digital Gold' Art Panel (HODL Crypto Partnership), Limited to 10  (Read 530 times)
frankbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 07:24:00 PM

Congrats on the sellout!

I received mine as well. Very happy it. Thanks!  Cool

Happy to hear Smiley

and thank you!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 05:53:43 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2018, 10:58:13 PM by BitcoinNewsMagazine

I have my 'Digital Gold' Art Panel mounted under an AC vent, about three feet away. For whatever reason (temperature changes?) after a day the panel started to bow outward at the right and left edge. I could push down and straighten out but as soon as pressure was removed the warping came back. The front of the panel is perfect as my previous photo showed. Frank offered to replace the panel at no charge but I really did not want to part with it.

Also, there was the concern that being mounted right under an AC vent a replacement might have the same problem.

Over time the warping became a little worse so I decided to take care of it myself by stiffening with three pieces of 3/8" hardwood millwork applied with Gorilla one inch double sided mounting tape as shown:

The panel is perfectly flat now and the mods do not interfere with mounting. Cost was $16 for the millwork/Gorilla tape and took less than thirty minutes. I wanted to present this easy fix in case some one else has the same problem.

frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:03:31 PM

Thanks for sharing that with us and I'm sorry to hear of the problems.

I know you said everything is fine now but, if anything changes and you would like a replacement, please do let me know and we will honor the request.

Nice idea with the wood beams
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2018, 06:23:00 PM

No problem now. Sheet aluminum can be sensitive to temperature changes and the slight warping might be due to my chosen mounting location. I get many compliments on the piece from friends and it is not going anywhere but I do appreciate your standing behind your products 100%. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:39:05 PM

No problem now. Sheet aluminum can be sensitive to temperature changes and the slight warping might be due to my chosen mounting location. I get many compliments on the piece from friends and it is not going anywhere but I do appreciate your standing behind your products 100%. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Thank you.  Smiley  Happy to hear you get lots of compliments on it
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

Thank you.  Smiley  Happy to hear you get lots of compliments on it

IMO I am probably not the only customer who may experience panel warping. With respect: consider instead of just using four mounting blocks glue half inch thick hardwood mounting strips routing the top one for mounting. Suggested design drawn in red. The mounting strips should not add much weight at all and would completely stiffen the panel, should prevent anyone else experiencing the warping I had. Just a thought.

teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 02:59:49 PM

Thank you.  Smiley  Happy to hear you get lots of compliments on it

IMO I am probably not the only customer who may experience panel warping. With respect: consider instead of just using four mounting blocks glue half inch thick hardwood mounting strips routing the top one for mounting. Suggested design drawn in red. The mounting strips should not add much weight at all and would completely stiffen the panel, should prevent anyone else experiencing the warping I had. Just a thought.

Have you addressed/fixed the problem here frankbitcoin? Nowhere on your website do I see a disclaimer that this may happen to these high quality metal sheets. ($899)

At least now people don't look at the offcenter image on mine, they just see the ends curling up and the crease forming in the middle of the bottom.

Edit: Oh retalitory feedback aswell.. including quotes from private messages. Interesting.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:32:35 PM

Have you addressed/fixed the problem here frankbitcoin? Nowhere on your website do I see a disclaimer that this may happen to these high quality metal sheets. ($899)

At least now people don't look at the offcenter image on mine, they just see the ends curling up and the crease forming in the middle of the bottom.

Edit: Oh retalitory feedback aswell.. including quotes from private messages. Interesting.

That was not retalitory feedback.  It was feedback because you left me neutral feedback after I clearly said I would replace your panel.  For free.

You then said you wanted a different design for free and that you'd "just keep the one you had."  Sorry, but returns do not work that way.

You then called me a prick and told me to f off.... after I offered to remedy your issue ... at no charge...

A bit odd, no?

And honestly I'd almost venture to say that you bent yours intentionally to make this post.

I have 20 of these panels hanging in our office and have absolutely no issues.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:43:10 PM

And it should be noted that we've now sold these panels to hundrends of customers and, the only time we received this complaint, was from BitcoinNewsMagazine who said he had placed his directly under an AC blower vent.  And, now, ironically, from you, the one customer who has given me one of the hardest times on this forum.

I said I'd replace your previous concern, which you said was a slight alignment issue.  I said I'd do that for free.

And I'm still happy to have you mail this back for a full refund.

I stand behind my products and will always continue to do so.

Here's an image of some panels that have been hanging in our home for nearly two months now.  Taken down so you can get a good look.

I notice nothing:

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:43:26 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PTgKk0d.png

https://i.imgur.com/0pGH8E6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zF7r2boh.jpg

That was not retalitory feedback.  It was feedback because you left me neutral feedback after I clearly said I would replace your panel.  For free.

You then said you wanted a different design for free and that you'd "just keep the one you had."  Sorry, but returns do not work that way.

You then called me a prick and told me to f off.... after I offered to remedy your issue ... at no charge...

A bit odd, no?

And honestly I'd almost venture to say that you bent yours intentionally to make this post.

Quoted so you can't ninja delete this.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:46:07 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PTgKk0d.png

https://i.imgur.com/0pGH8E6h.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zF7r2boh.jpg

A bit odd, no?

Quoted so you can't ninja delete this.

quoted again.  I have no reason to delete this.  You're childish, volatile, and a threat to this community to be quite honest.

I suggest no one does business with you.  I'll go ahead and post up the conversation where you told me to screw myself after I offered a replacement.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 03:49:06 PM

Here you go.

Full disclosure so this community gets to see things objectively:  

teeGUMES
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:01:33 PM

Here you go.

Full disclosure so this community can finally see who you really are.  

https://i.imgur.com/sWD5u6M.png

I stand by what I said 100%. As I am an international customer and used a reshipper I incurred extra costs which would have made it easier just to have a new piece sent out. Your solution of "slap a USPS label on it ezpz" just doesn't work, but you weren't concerned about that. If you had ended up repaying me for the customs/duty/reshipper fees then you'd end up losing money which is why I suggested you just send me another piece, I pay my reshipper and customs/duty fees again for something that ISN'T the exact same thing I had already paid for. I was going for a suggestion of "ease" which there shouldn't have been any problem about. You printing a new design on a piece of metal and sending it to me should cost the same amount as you printing the EXACT same picture I had already had on the EXACT same size sheet of metal, there would have been zero difference and it would have led to me having more Lynx Art Collection pieces on my wall which people would see and go "hey where can I get one those those are pretty neat". This is what leads me to believe you never did sell out of these. You have one sitting around and it would have been easier to sign it with my number and send it to me (no extra printing cost because it's sitting in your office, but on the website its "sold out"). Purely speculation but it just seems real off that you wouldn't want more of your art seen on a customer's wall.

Refer to my now Negative Trust rating left for you, sharing private communications between customer/business is a nono. I am so thankful I used a reshipper as I wouldn't put it past you and your company to dox someone or keep addresses if this is how you are acting sharing private communications.
frankbitcoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 04:03:43 PM

Here you go.

Full disclosure so this community can finally see who you really are. 

https://i.imgur.com/sWD5u6M.png

I stand by what I said 100%. As I am an international customer and used a reshipper I incurred extra costs which would have made it easier just to have a new piece sent out. Your solution of "slap a USPS label on it ezpz" just doesn't work, but you weren't concerned about that. If you had ended up repaying me for the customs/duty/reshipper fees then you'd end up losing money which is why I suggested you just send me another piece, I pay my reshipper and customs/duty fees again for something that ISN'T the exact same thing I had already paid for. I was going for a suggestion of "ease" which there shouldn't have been any problem about. You printing a design on a piece of metal and sending it to me should cost the same amount as you printing the EXACT same picture I had already had on the EXACT same size sheet of metal, there would have been zero difference and it would have led to me having more Lynx Art Collection pieces on my wall which people would see and go "hey where can I get one those those are pretty neat". This is what leads me to believe you never did sell out of these. You have one sitting around and it would have been easier to sign it with my number and send it to me (no extra printing cost because it's sitting in your office, but on the website its "sold out"). Purely speculation but it just seems real off that you wouldn't want more of your art seen on a customer's wall.

Refer to my now Negative Trust rating left for you, sharing private communications between customer/business is a nono. I am so thankful I used a reshipper as I wouldn't put it past you and your company to dox someone or keep addresses if this is how you are acting sharing private communications.

Now you're claiming I would do things that I never would do, like doxing people.  Weird.

And your replacement would have been marked gift with an included note that said it was a replacement for a damaged item that you already paid customs duties on.  I clearly stated that there would be "absolutely no charge to you."  was even willing to pay the return shipping charge.

You are being completely unreasonable.

If you decide you'd like to return it for a refund, you let me know.  I will still stand beside that regardless of your putdowns.

I've let you reply.  So I'm locking this thread now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: