Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crash to $0.5 imminent. All bets are off.  (Read 5499 times)
Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:11:35 PM

You forget that we have a ways to go before reaching the 21M minting cap. There is nothing but hyperinflation below that point, unless some super serious money comes into the market - which won't.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nesetalis

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 05:37:50 AM

no, not hyperinflation... the end of the year it drops down to about 3500~ coins per day.. a while after that, 1750~... if there are more people buying than are produced, suddenly you got deflation, as we saw when silk road was published all over the web. Then new people stopped coming, and guess what? the trend toward inflation continued.
This here looks like panic sells... selling your money while its worthless? BRILLIANT!

ZOMG Moo!
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 01:57:22 PM

If it drops to $0.5 I will scrape together every bit of $ I have through selling stuff and borrowing and will be able to buy *thousands* of Bitcoins easily!  That would actually be pretty cool, since I missed out on early adopter prices.  Smiley I think that many other people like me could do so too, so probably it wouldn't go that low. Every geek could afford to buy significant amounts of bitcoins then.

cjgames.com
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 03:25:52 PM

You forget that we have a ways to go before reaching the 21M minting cap. There is nothing but hyperinflation below that point, unless some super serious money comes into the market - which won't.

We have actually experienced hyperinflation (Cagan, 1956) the past month even if you throw out the two days with the highest and lowest prices. However, the depreciation can not be attributed to monetary inflation. The bitcoin supply increases 0.1% daily, while we've experienced 1.5% daily depreciation since June. The effect of monetary inflation (mining supply) is orders of magnitude less than fluctuations in demand and volatility.

In other words, we'd need to be mining fifteen times as many coins before supply were a significant factor in exchange price. We'd need to generate a block every 45 seconds or 750 coins per block.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
the founder

Activity: 448

Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 03:35:10 PM

this hurts my 35 BTC  Embarrassed

but now i don't sell for sure, anyway to late.

somewhere someone has pushed a shiiiitload of BTC into the market..

There's 7200 new ones every day so yeah...there's a lot coming in and not enough interest for them. 

You're not allowed to say that...  you are supposed to say that what Satoshi built was perfect and has no error...  even if we print faster than Zimbabwe used to.

Bitcoin RSS App / Bitcoin Android App / Bitcoin Webapp http://www.ounce.me  Say thank you here:  1HByHZQ44LUCxxpnqtXDuJVmrSdrGK6Q2f
netrin

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 04:05:44 PM

Why do you enjoy spreading bullshit? Bitcoins are not produced at a higher rate than ANY national fiat currency that experienced hyperinflation by orders of magnitude!

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 06:20:48 PM

Funny.  I still can't get over the fact that 99% of the posters on these old threads are still on bitcointalk, but no longer bother to post in the Speculation subforum.

So what does that tell us?  

(And before you say the obvious "Well, because they're rich now!", no.  Just NO.  95% of them are not in the slightest, they pissed most of it all away years ago.  If they were bitcoin rich, they wouldn't bother logging in to bitcointalk at all.)
fonsie

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:00:05 PM

priceless  Grin

I decided to no longer use a signature, because people were trolling me about it.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:54:52 PM

(And before you say the obvious "Well, because they're rich now!", no.  Just NO.  95% of them are not in the slightest, they pissed most of it all away years ago.  If they were bitcoin rich, they wouldn't bother logging in to bitcointalk at all.)

Yep, that part is true.  One of my friends had something like 1600 and sold them all for $2 each.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
TheNewAnon135246
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989

฿uy ฿itcoin

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 06:57:09 PM

Yep, that part is true.  One of my friends had something like 1600 and sold them all for $2 each.

Haha I bet you give him a hard time over that every now and then Tongue.
DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:00:02 PM

priceless  Grin

Are you the same fonsie that's spelled 'fonzie'? The one who is a newly converted bull and used to be a perma-bear? Things are starting to become a bit confusion around here!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:07:07 PM

If it drops to $0.5 I will scrape together every bit of $ I have through selling stuff and borrowing and will be able to buy *thousands* of Bitcoins easily!  That would actually be pretty cool, since I missed out on early adopter prices.  Smiley I think that many other people like me could do so too, so probably it wouldn't go that low. Every geek could afford to buy significant amounts of bitcoins then.

Love this, $4 BTC considered as missing out on the early adopter phases and $0.50 BTC as the go all in price.

Just remember, we have several more magnitudes of order to go in adoption. In 2020 $500 BTC will be considered unfair early adopter prices.
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 07:21:47 PM

(And before you say the obvious "Well, because they're rich now!", no.  Just NO.  95% of them are not in the slightest, they pissed most of it all away years ago.  If they were bitcoin rich, they wouldn't bother logging in to bitcointalk at all.)

Haha I bet you give him a hard time over that every now and then Tongue.

Considering he'd be a millionaire with that amount today, probably not a great idea to rub it in.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Funny.  I still can't get over the fact that 99% of the posters on these old threads are still on bitcointalk, but no longer bother to post in the Speculation subforum.

So what does that tell us?  

I'm still here and still have a significant portion of my Bitcoins. Smiley

cjgames.com
giveBTCpls

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:29:01 PM

Fuck sakes. This really fucks with my mind big time. Seeing all these old posts it's like a double edged sword. In a way, I feel extremely depressed about the fact I wasn't lucky enough to be on a position to be aware of Bitcoin and invest slash mine these when it was worth peanuts. At the same time, I feel like maybe in 10 years I can laugh at the posts that said 10K per BTC is impossible while BTC is about to hit 11K  Grin

Wandererfromthenorth

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 05:34:11 PM

Fuck sakes. This really fucks with my mind big time. Seeing all these old posts it's like a double edged sword. In a way, I feel extremely depressed about the fact I wasn't lucky enough to be on a position to be aware of Bitcoin and invest slash mine these when it was worth peanuts. At the same time, I feel like maybe in 10 years I can laugh at the posts that said 10K per BTC is impossible while BTC is about to hit 11K  Grin
BTC is still in very very early stages so it is possible.

giveBTCpls

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 07:52:27 PM

BTC is still in very very early stages so it is possible.

I hope so, I hope i can visit this thread 10 years from now in tears of joy :') I will be 35 by then but if im rich that will make up for being old. Oh fuck, please 10K please 10k  Embarrassed

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:02:31 PM

There, i said it.
 Grin

This was a mere 13 days after my first BTC purchase at a price of 5.38 CAD. According to this advice I should have panicked and sold, instead I held.  Wink

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
zakalwe

Activity: 445

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:05:50 AM

I follow btc since 2011 bubble but I bought some in September 2012 at 10.20$

Then I switched to LTC at .012$

The only way for both btc and LTC is up. No matter fluctuation in short time, if you watch the picture in middle time (1-3 years) it will go up and up. How high? Difficult to say. But this is why I'm sure about it:

- mining difficulty grows fast, it's more and more expensive to mine them both;
- international crisis (defaults, wars, banks crisis....sigh, reading my words makes me feel bad, but this is the world we're living in)
- wider adoption

Being used for fast and cheap medium of exchange and as a value store makes them the best choice as an investment.

Oh, I'm an hodler.

Except for those I used to buy two cars, one house (in Berlin, not here in Italy) 6 ASICS (Titan, I still have to receive them. I know, don't tell me nothing. But I did it because I was curious), and found a start up as incubator and crowd funding portal (which I hope will be online in October)
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:22:09 AM

I will be 35 by then but if im rich that will make up for being old.

Old? Oh shut the fuck up you can't yet appreciate even 10% of what life has to offer Smiley 35 is not old, it is the end of preparation and beginning of life Wink

As for the topic, this threads make me sad as I, together with other silly posters here, thought "just let it hit sub-$1 prices I'll be so buying all then" instead, of course, of buying all at $3 or $5 or even at "damn overpriced no way this price is going to hold" $17 Smiley

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: