Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:18:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buffett Market Indicator and my cat's mackerel  (Read 209 times)
soy39 (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:16:54 PM
Merited by Hydrogen (1)

I see the Buffett Market Indicator has broken 140%.  Total market cap to gross domestic product.

So, there's more money in making money with money than there is Gross Domestic Product at present.

I now have cats, I use to have a couple of dogs.  I have chickens.  A rat problem developed, them feeding on the chicken scratch.  Used common store bought rat poison but heard it kills the owls and there are owls, or were.  Whole neighborhood got rats.  I started feeding a small stray cat then another.  Then ferrule cats brought their litters as my 3 acres are fenced.  Had 24 kittens earlier this year and brought most to the county animal shelter.  I was wishing kittens were bitcoins.  Just now I have another round of kittens.  I like to feed the mom's mackerel.  I fed a skinny kitten mackerel last year and it's sharper than the others.  So, I buy a lot of mackerel but the large least expensive national chain has failed to keep it on the shelves and sometimes goes weeks without refilling.  So I ordered online and had them deliver.  Cheaper and delivery was free if one orders enough.  I look at the box.  Product of China.  And I had first rejected this brand as the mackerel was in brine and it was mostly brine I thought.  So, to check, I bought the next best competitor, drained the brine from both, weighed the product, and found the brand from China a better buy.  But you see what's happening.  They move cans and labels.  They make work.  The employees at the canning facilities have a better income to rent an apartment, buy a washing machine, refrigerator, move up.  We have a Buffett Market Indicator of 140%.  I blame it on futures.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soy39 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:26:08 AM

I learned in school, the Catholic Church once tried setting a maximum percentage that money may earn, this in order to protect workers.  I don't think credit cards meet its standard.

I got a kick our of finding that On The Firing Line years ago, the gentleman who was representing the Left, is a former CIA operative who had been tasked with bringing cash to France post WWII to pay to have the effective unionizing defeated.  It was.

China, post WWII tried to establish a healthy relationship between capitalism and working wage.  We killed it.  Then the Chinese Communist revolution.

So, making an effort to use more cans, so more refrigerators can be manufactured, so more stoves can be manufactured, so more sofas can be built, so workers can earn a wage that can improve their lives, isn't what's been happening in this country.

soy39 (soy)
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:04:38 AM

In the past, there has been criticism towards statistics relating to economic growth. Some claimed numbers were misleading due to a large proportion of it being focused in finance and real estate derivatives. Paper growth rather than real economic growth.

That could be part of what we're seeing with Buffett's Indicator inflating. There might not be much of a market when it comes to small business loans, education loans or car loans. Investment could shift towards futures markets and more lucrative options if wealthier demographics have disposable income while everyone else's credit and borrowing options are majority wise tapped out.

I can't remember fully when inflation growth in the united states began to grow @ a faster rate than wages. It could have been around 2008. That negative trend could also contribute towards this.
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:47:03 AM

So what's the conlusion from your cat's story?Never buy products from China? Grin
People in the crypto world all want to make money with money.It doesn't matter if they call the money "cryptocurrency" or not.This is kinda sad.We still can't find a way to make the world a better place using the blockchain.It's all about "investing" and "trading".

soy39 (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:53:31 PM

So what's the conlusion from your cat's story?Never buy products from China? Grin

A real cynical view might be that we want to make America broke and difficult except for the rich while raising the standard of living in China and elsewhere so they'd be less likely to immigrate here.

The paternal effect of spreading the work and wealth in China, if my mackerel can example is valid, is the polar opposite of here where the wealthy are get it while the getting is good and damn the  hindmost & screw the wage earner.  Less difficult to get a table at a nice restaurant if most of the country can't afford the meal.

Deubila

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:21:25 PM

People in the crypto world all want to make money with money.It doesn't matter if they call the money "cryptocurrency" or not.This is kinda sad.We still can't find a way to make the world a better place using the blockchain.It's all about "investing" and "trading".
We should consider many factors later to make a statement about the incident. To have good things, we must first be good people to do. The desire for the successful blockchain technology era also requires a lot of effort. Since the digital age everything can work with machines, human replacement devices work.
soy39 (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:46:56 PM

A real cynical view might be that we want to make America broke and difficult except for the rich while raising the standard of living in China and elsewhere so they'd be less likely to immigrate here.

The paternal effect of spreading the work and wealth in China, if my mackerel can example is valid, is the polar opposite of here where the wealthy are get it while the getting is good and damn the  hindmost & screw the wage earner.  Less difficult to get a table at a nice restaurant if most of the country can't afford the meal.

Well, maybe not so paternal:  https://www.businessinsider.com/what-is-life-like-in-xinjiang-reeducation-camps-china-2018-5
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: