Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:12:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Without ETF  (Read 1443 times)
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:01:50 AM

Bitcoin ETF does not appeal to me.

Bitcoin ETF is currently in news as SEC recently rejected Winklevoss twin Bitcoin ETF and  fate of 9 others ETF will be decided in next 2 month .

Whatever the SEC decide on it in future will be interesting to follow.  It will be worth nothing that Bitcoin ETF will be treating Bitcoin as an asset not as a currency. As per fundamental of ETF , Bitcoin ETF will simply means that Bitcoin will be locked as an asset and ETF will be traded in exchange.

Why Bitcoin ETF should not make appeal to the Bitcoin community.

1. Treating currency as an asset to trade in exchange.
2. For ETF, Bitcoin need to kept  secured, means ETF will remove that amount of Bitcoin to be available for active transaction.
3. Bitcoin can be easily purchased and sold so it is not that Bitcoin ETF is making bitcoin more available to masses.
4. ETF do not gurantee that it will solve the Bitcoin price volatility problem.
5. ETF might give rise to "HODL" mentality that is not good for Bitcoin. (I will explain it sometime later.)

ETF will help Institutional Investors or other organization to invest in Bitcoin but Bitcoin is meant for P2P transaction and Satoshi did not created it to be used as Investment product.

I am alive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
donhill

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:20:03 PM

ETF is a important part which is attached with BTC and without ETF Btc will feel some trouble. But hope BTC will be more popular and sustainable with ETF.
voltagecrypto

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:28:56 PM

BTC is made without regulations we know, is't full decentralized & controling everyone who has btc. in my opinion ETF is a rule that must be passed btc. so, btc fail or die if the ETF disapproves of the bitcoin proposal? while Bitcoin has grown longer before going to ETF.
jojohamasa

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 10:45:18 PM

I think the ETF story was blown up
No doubt it's a decision that has a big impact
But I strongly believe that Bitcoin is much bigger than that.
delegend

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:54:36 PM

Bitcoin has been a fantastic project ,considering it's repositioning of the global commerce.ETF will quickly endorse bitcoin in order to sustain the excellent of bitcoin.
Menced1937

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:53:14 AM

I think ETF is unnecessery. People like and love to use bitcoin for their flexibility. ETF just decrease it, nothing else. Bitcoin will grow without ETF.
Menced1937

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:27:08 PM

ETF will only be beneficial for Bitcoin. It won’t cause any harm. It doesn’t affect the utility of BTC at all. So basically ETF is not a barrier for BTC. BTC can go good without ETF too!
Gururapyco

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:28:28 PM

The fact if ETF will happen for Bitcoin or not will not change the future of the technology behind it.
PG13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:51:39 PM

ETF is a important part which is attached with BTC and without ETF Btc will feel some trouble. But hope BTC will be more popular and sustainable with ETF.

I think bitcoin will still survive and rise again even if without the ETF as bitcoin already exist and got the attention of the people without ETF. For me, this will just create hype on the bitcoin which is not necessary. Is it coincidence that the price of bitcoin fall down the bottom while waiting for the approval of ETF? or maybe this is just a manipulation.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                               APP DOWNLOAD ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store   [ WEB VERSION ]                                ❱❱❱ JOIN betform ❰❰❰
    FOLLOW US ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◾ WHITEPAPERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKTWITTER
Hishoutt

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

The answer is no, Bitcoin won't face any such consequences due to the approval of ETF. It is true that Bitcoin ETF will be more centralized than what we have experienced from BTC so far. But, that would be only beneficial for BTC in the long run since ETF will be backed up by BTC and it due to its centralized nature, big investors will be interest in BTC because there will be no chance of facing scams our unfair activities.
hualy2

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:40:15 PM

The biggest value of Bitcoin is the consensus from human beings. Just like gold, everyone recognizes its existence, then it has value! Even if the ETF did not pass the review, I think Bitcoin can still survive!
greenvally

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:45:10 PM

ETF will be help BTC to increase it’s price and in future approximately on 2021 there will be happen a explode with BTC and there will only option to buy BTC that’s is Buy BTC.
crazybtclover

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:49:07 PM

Bitcoins having the dominance more than 50% without the ETF approval proves that BTC stands whether its ETF gets approval or not. But that is true, if ETF gets approval, BTC will get a positive hype causing 70% of dominance over the market. That will make BTC higher in price than the present it has.
spadormie

Activity: 840
Merit: 268

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:50:44 PM

Bitcoin will not die with/without ETF. The reason of the fall was the massive panic selling of people. It's so hard to think of that bitcoin fell because of the rejection of ETF proposal and because of panic sell, it got worse.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:52:13 PM

A bitcoin ETF is a crap investment anyway. Why would crap be needed for bitcoin to do well?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
CryptoGosu

Activity: 686
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:49:27 PM

I think Bitcoin ETF is not needed yet. I think adoption of cryptocurrency is more important than creating a new financial instrument.
goodman4hire

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 03:52:00 PM

IF you let the ETF boys in that will ruin Bitcoin not the other way around.  It will cause a significant ramp in prices though which I assume is why most are here.  Just make sure to cash out soon as they will tighten the ship. 

MyCryptoBank  ――  Legal and Reliable Crypto Bank
Whitepaper  ――  CRYPTOBANK FOR CRYPTOCOMMUNITY  ――  Announce
―― Medium ―― YouTube ―― LinkedIn ―― Telegram ―― Facebook ―― Twitter ――
Tykeim Carson

Activity: 24

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:51:05 PM

ETF cannot cause any harm to Bitcoin rather it will be backed by Bitcoin. Though it is not related with the growth of Bitcoin in any possible way but the hype circulating around the approval of Bitcoin ETF might cause another synthetic rise to the price which would later face consolidation again.
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 05:52:50 PM

I think that bitcoin will grow even without ETF. But positive news on ETF can be a driver of growth now. Otherwise, you need to wait for other favorable news.

Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:14:44 PM

Without the ETF, the price of BTC would have been a lot, $10,000 at least. But the recent news about the ETF has done a lot of damage to BTC sadly. Let's see what lies ahead now.

*Source needed*. You can't blame everything on the ETF. The ETF isn't the be all and end all of bitcoin and bitcoin is bigger than that, but maybe people shouldn't get excited about something that may never come. Besides, even if it does ever get the go ahead I don't think it will be that huge. Sure, people will get excited about it and the price will rally but it'll probably come crashing back down again once the excitement is over.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: