Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:11:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Without ETF  (Read 1443 times)
bellamente

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 08:38:02 PM

Bitcoin has existed since 2009 for 9 years and no ETF is needed.

ETF is a regular fact for speculation. They are frightened by investors who sell bitcoin all cheaper and cheaper

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:53:55 PM

Nobody is saying bitcoin will cease to exist without the ETF, but without good news or things to get excited about bitcoin will stagnate or fall in value like it did on the mere decision to postpone the announcement. What do you think will happen to bitcoin if they come out and flat out deny it? It isn't going to be good.
Coin-1
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2174

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:05:00 PM

Nobody is saying bitcoin will cease to exist without the ETF, but without good news or things to get excited about bitcoin will stagnate or fall in value like it did on the mere decision to postpone the announcement. What do you think will happen to bitcoin if they come out and flat out deny it? It isn't going to be good.

Do you suppose that the price of Bitcoin will fall if the ETF will be rejected by the SEC this September? It seems that almost all the altcoins has been already exchanged to Bitcoin, but BTC is still on the levels of $6200. I guess that the investors will try to keep the capitalization of Bitcoin above 100 billion US dollars in order to BTC looks respectable for ETF approving.
royalcrypt

Activity: 456

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:28:53 AM

I think there is a massive lack of education around cryptocurrency to the general population and accessibility is a huge hindrance on adoption so I wish that the Crypto community would focus more on adoption than on Futures & ETF looking to go moon overnight.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:43:27 AM

Bitcoin is not gonna fail or die no matter ETF is approved or not. ETF has come to the crypto world recently and has created a buzz but even when ETF was not around BTC was successfully gaining new peaks. So do not worry about the ETF and wait for the bottoms and peaks to make your trades and get profits in the long term and if you are a short term trader then look for crypto news and plan your trades accordingly as market behaves on news around the world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Joecooper85

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 06:48:50 AM

The proposed Bitcoin ETF fund will result in the actual purchase and sale of Bitcoin. This means that anyone with a brokerage account will be able to buy and sell Bitcoin indirectly through the ETF. It will have a big impact on supply and demand, and then on price.
Fionagreen

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 07:17:41 AM

Some ETFs including the SolidX Bitcoin ETF is still being considered by the SEC. If the SolidX development team is able to gather information about the failure of the Winklevoss ETF Bitcoin and use them as an advantage for approval, the Bitcoin industry may soon see the launch of a Bitcoin ETF.
CrazyHarpy

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:00:21 PM

Bitcoin was doing good when ETF wasn’t there. Still it manages to rule the cryptocurrency world. I will bitcoin will do good without or with ETF approval. Lets see what happens.
Kocret02

Activity: 1120
Merit: 250

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:09:11 PM

NOTE : Questions from LAYMEN.

bitcoin is made without regulations, is decentralized, and controls everyone who has bitcoin. and in my opinion ETF is a rule that must be passed by Bitcoin. so will Bitcoin fail or die if the ETF disapproves of the bitcoin proposal? while Bitcoin has grown longer before going to ETF.
bitcoin will still live without etf, it will not be easy to kill bitcoin in any case. so I think etf will approve bitcoin or not it doesn't have a big effect on bitcoin because bitcoin will continue to run.

Cybora9

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:26:33 PM

The declaration of SEC will create an impact on bitcoin. If negative thing happens it will hamper the growth of bitcoin. But i think bitcoin will recover it within a short time.
GhostWithin

Activity: 644
Merit: 145

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:02:02 AM

bitcoin is made without regulations, is decentralized, and controls everyone who has bitcoin. and in my opinion ETF is a rule that must be passed by Bitcoin. so will Bitcoin fail or die if the ETF disapproves of the bitcoin proposal? while Bitcoin has grown longer before going to ETF.
bitcoin will still live without etf, it will not be easy to kill bitcoin in any case. so I think etf will approve bitcoin or not it doesn't have a big effect on bitcoin because bitcoin will continue to run.

I thought that ETF would increase bitcoin's rate by 1.5-2 times, as it will open the way for big money. last year, the growth was provided by housewives (I exaggerate, ordinary people). Now they have lost confidence in it and to restore it necessary to start a new Bull Run. But this requires money Smiley ETF will just give only a push
SyrulRamadhan

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:55:12 AM

i think not die, but in my opinion it would really make the price fall very deep maybe up to $ 2000 it would really be bad news if indeed the ETF proposal was rejected
coinages

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:30:31 AM

Bitcoin has come too far without the ETF. So i don't think it will stop without the approval. Maybe bitcoin will pass some bad times without the ETF approval. But it will come around.
NervousWolf

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:04:48 PM

I think there is nothing wrong with ETF. That is my personal opinion. BTC ETF acts as driving force in some ways to make the market price up. So it is clear that ETF has it’s impact on btc.
angelakrasnova

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:44:44 PM

bitcoin and the whole world community is waiting for September, when they will meet and make a positive decision! if there is a positive decision in favor of the crypto market, I think after that it will be possible to wait for new price records for bitcoins! all other countries are also watching the decision of ETF!
nostrings

Activity: 116
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:49:02 PM

Bitcoin reached 20k last year without an ETF.  All this hype and talk about the ETF is so overblown, cryptocurency doesn't need it , we are backed by the people.
Johnyz

Activity: 2086
Merit: 193

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:55:21 PM

Bitcoin reached 20k last year without an ETF.  All this hype and talk about the ETF is so overblown, cryptocurency doesn't need it , we are backed by the people.
I’m about to say this, we survive the past trials without this thing so called ETF. I think bitcoin can still survive because we already made a good run without this. We are really backed by people and of course the technology of bitcoin that make this market different. Wether ETF approved or not, i believe this market will continue to grow.
Kenneth_Bianchi

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:56:30 PM

Tried, tested, blamed, still for a decade Bitcoin is going good (antifragile). Like the futures, ETF would be a much better opportunity for the rich bags with fiat to get into bitcoin. It would further establish Bitcoin as a mainstream financial asset when it's a peer-to-peer censorship resistant currency.

You did saw the hype futures brought in December. Something like that would happen have if SEC approves Bitcoin ETF, but temporary/artificial, maybe again some FOMOs would get burned.

Bottom line, why a decentralized network worry about its survival if a centralized proposal is approved or not.

Exactly, it makes no bloody difference whether there is an ETF, EFT, or FTE. The only thing that matters is that bitcoin has shown that it is robust against all of these difficulties and has a valid concept that holds up. There doesn't need to be institutional investment, although it can help for a short term boost. It would be nice to have a little pump up again, but it will still continue to gain in value regardless.

There's too much obsession with these investing tools. It's better just to observe bitcoin for what it is and use it to the best of its ability without interference from centralized investment schemes.
Jackolantern

Activity: 321

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:57:14 PM

I think that btc and eth are powerful both. to my mind, it is better to use btc than the ether because its price is higher and you will be able to sell it at a higher price later this year or the next year

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:09:28 PM

But then it collapsed due to nothing, and it likely only kept rising due to manipulation, or at the very least all the FOMO from new investors.The market is fickle, but the ETF will at least temporarily cause some excitement and a flurry of new money coming in and that's what we could do with right now even if it's only short lived.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: