Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:08:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GAME OVER for Bitcoin?  (Read 427 times)
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:01:58 AM

Bitcoin ETF has been denied in the past and yet bitcoin is still here. There might be more etf denial or rejection in the future but I do not think it will end bitcoin. ETF is not the deciding factor. Those who believe it will end bitcoin is only here for instant profit and do not have any fundamental knowledge about bitcoin or the technology behind it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chulos

Activity: 268
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:52:08 AM

We recently had a situation where the SEC had a decision on the ETF ahead of us, so the bitcoin went up. Now when the appointment was postponed to a late date, the price went down. Bitcoin has survived all bad news and restrictions, state regulation, hack exchanges, and so on. Bitcoin did not fall on his knees, but he still lives and his growth is unstoppable. Bitcoin is slowly growing up, and it's only a matter of time when other institutions will join that will want to hold or trade with this crypto. Companies like CBOE and CME are trying to create an environment that will be safe for institutional investors. My opinion is unambiguous - GAME OVER is not done.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
Jating

Activity: 2926
Merit: 808

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:03:06 AM

We recently had a situation where the SEC had a decision on the ETF ahead of us, so the bitcoin went up. Now when the appointment was postponed to a late date, the price went down. Bitcoin has survived all bad news and restrictions, state regulation, hack exchanges, and so on. Bitcoin did not fall on his knees, but he still lives and his growth is unstoppable. Bitcoin is slowly growing up, and it's only a matter of time when other institutions will join that will want to hold or trade with this crypto. Companies like CBOE and CME are trying to create an environment that will be safe for institutional investors. My opinion is unambiguous - GAME OVER is not done.

I'm not sure about that statement though. Sure, when they entered the market, price goes off and went to the moon because it almost touches $20K. And after that we wen't on a sudden downturn which led me to believed that they have something to do with the price declining.

But as far as bitcoin, I don't see think that its Game Over. Might be struggling and a lot of investors doesn't want to risk and pour their cash which means the bears will continue to dominate this market. But it doesn't mean we are all doomed or finished. A long road to recovery but we can always start small steps and hope one day that we can finally regain the trust of the people and that they're going to pump the market again.
pempek19

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 11:52:05 AM

I strongly agree on the things you say, more vacuum to invest until there is clarity to bitcoin. ETF delayed, is very influential on the development of prices for bitcoin.

Bitcoin "Game Over" is real.

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
withlove99

Activity: 336
Merit: 29

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:52:35 PM

It seems that after the news that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) delayed a long-awaited decision on a proposed bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF), Bitcoin is keeping loosing value in eyes of investors. The probabiliby that we will face even large losses in the near future is high.
Do you think it's a GAME OVER?

Although bitcoin price has down quite a lot and is losing investor trust, but I find the current price is still quite high compared to many years ago, after a period of hot growth, price reduction is inevitable. Of course, I still believe in the future of bitcoin
filipwx (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:44:19 PM

For myself I'm certain that the SEC will pass a Bitcoin ETF in the long run. Bitcoin markets are steadily maturing, and mainstream finance is knocking at the door. Mass adoption is so close yet so far. And remember that more than 75% of the volume of bitcoin trading occurs outside the U.S.
Bakemat

Activity: 779

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:39:48 PM

It seems that after the news that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) delayed a long-awaited decision on a proposed bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF), Bitcoin is keeping loosing value in eyes of investors. The probabiliby that we will face even large losses in the near future is high.

Although bitcoin price has down quite a lot and is losing investor trust, but I find the current price is still quite high compared to many years ago, after a period of hot growth, price reduction is inevitable. Of course, I still believe in the future of bitcoin

In my own opinion, those people or investors who lost trust in bitcoins are naive because the market price is based on supply and demand so obviously the market price will always change drastically and they should take advantage of the time when the market price is dropping in order to earn more profit when the market pumps up again.
Hamstead

Activity: 805

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:57:12 PM

Even we think negative about bitcoin situation but I've never seen ending story about it. Isn't the first time we've been experiencing just like this,  in fact every year it happens and it turning back again and again. It is just sad that this year we are experiencing a lot of dips rather than of pumps and some individuals never stop moaning for this.  Hope they will realize and accept the reality about crypto life.
loyoung

Activity: 30
Merit: 37

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:31:15 PM

YES, GAME OVER!!!

GAME IS OVER for those who decide to sell their bitcoin because they are affected and panic when bitcoin falls. They will regret and cry after the price of bitcoin rises again, then, they hope their bitcoin will come back, But, GAME IS OVER !!!  Cool
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:52:56 PM

Why would it be over? the market is just suffering by a lot, but it does not mean that everything is lost and we all are going to lsoe everything, just wait to see what is gonna happen

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 10:03:10 PM

2 weeks delay on the 8 months bear market is not that terrible. Especially, for such market as crypto, surely it takes time to think how this market will be regulated.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:35:36 PM

For myself I'm certain that the SEC will pass a Bitcoin ETF in the long run. Bitcoin markets are steadily maturing, and mainstream finance is knocking at the door. Mass adoption is so close yet so far. And remember that more than 75% of the volume of bitcoin trading occurs outside the U.S.
The SEC will only approve an ETF once the volumes of exchanges regulated within the US are the dominant force in Bitcoin's market, which isn't the case right now and probably won't be for a very long period of time.

Asia is dominating everything from exchanges not willing to comply with US laws. I strongly believe that an Asian ETF is far more likely to be approved in the coming year or two than one to be approved by the SEC.

And then still, even if the largest Asian exchanges become fully compliant, we don't know if the SEC will come up with other excuses to not let an ETF come through. They could easily step up their game to block an ETF approval.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
fire rab1

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:58:22 PM

As it is widely accepted in other parts of the world  we should understand that it is not a game over .it is just the credibility of it should be maintained.and it would be made possible by the growing number of newbies.
shayshaylaboogie

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 12:24:56 AM

this is just a little downside, i do not see a reason to call it like something like that, all what we need is just to be patient enough to see another rise, nothing more.
hisuka

Activity: 882
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:06:07 AM

As it is widely accepted in other parts of the world  we should understand that it is not a game over .it is just the credibility of it should be maintained.and it would be made possible by the growing number of newbies.
It is not game over for bitcoin a lot of things could happen this year. A lot of things causes for downfall of price even with this Etf approval but does not mean game over for bitcoin. Were still have the months to judge the bitcoin status this year.
ApocalypseNow

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 02:57:05 AM

The ETF is not over and it's just delayed again. And also we don't to rely too much on that decision because bitcoin can manage to blow up just by itself just like what happened last December. I know that it would be a good news but it is not really game over for bitcoin. This has happened in the last years.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1704

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 03:06:59 AM

There will be European ETFs before the US catches up.

Once they see all the money leaving the country they will act.
Exactly! And to be honest, if they were so sure of rejecting ETF they would have done so without so much deliberation. Now I am sure the acceptance of bitcoin will drive its price up beyond anything we have seen before. Only a matter of time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
kodtycoon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:13:42 AM

It is possible that game over is only temporary because ETFs have weaknesses against negative issues that occur that make it crash. The investor also has no power for this and is likely to lose value.

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 03:16:28 AM

Just like what you mention OP, ETF decision was delayed so it's not over yet, this current situations are just normal between real investors and those who are just here thinking that BTC investment is an easy way to become rich, it's just another fud and non believer who will panic and think that way, but those who knows how to play good will keep buying and holding as bounce back and being rise high again is always possible.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:15:10 AM

Price movement is repeated price movement and we see that it has been increasing and then results in downfall so the only major reason for this alteration is the repeating and ignorant actions of users. We see that they sell directly after encountering any little increase in price and then they sell for little profit that does not let the price go higher and it seems funny that they still hope for better future, they should change their actions.

The game of being pessimistic of bitcoin prices is seeming got over now but the real game of having big value will never get over. Yes, bitcoin will definitely have big value in coming months. Strong holding around $6000 levels is the rock-solid confirmation for that. We may have up trend from the September month onward.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: