Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:19:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason Behind Bitcoin’s Price Crash Revealed  (Read 1584 times)
tunapa

Activity: 667
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:56:25 PM

I don't really think this alone can cause market crash to the extent we experienced of recent. Something else had added to it. So many bad news were released during the early days of the week and this caused why all the crash happens. Series of bad news.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenmobility

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:46:44 PM

Early investors in Bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017.

Read more here: https://smartereum.com/5636/the-real-reason-behind-bitcoins-price-crash-revealed-tue-aug-7/

Qoute from that link,way back 2014 IRS made an announcement that crypto's are defined as a property and not a currency.
So as such they are entitle to pay thier taxes as property owners.

Personally, i doubt if this is the reason behind the crash, i don't see any way that IRS can be able to enforce this going by the decentralization of the system, they are just blabbing if you ask me.
Gabali126

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:02:14 PM

Early investors in Bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017.

Read more here: https://smartereum.com/5636/the-real-reason-behind-bitcoins-price-crash-revealed-tue-aug-7/

Qoute from that link,way back 2014 IRS made an announcement that crypto's are defined as a property and not a currency.
I am still confused as to why cryptocurrency should be regarded as a property thereby mandating people to pay tax on it. Cryptocurrency should be seen as money or currency and not as a property.

P2PS TOKEN ▐ ▌ CREATING A WORLDWIDE NETWORK OF DIGITAL SERVICES
▰▰▰▰▰▰  BUY P2PS TOKEN!  [ SUBSCRIBE ]  ▰▰▰▰▰▰ (https://www.p2psf.org/)
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:39:02 PM

I am still confused as to why cryptocurrency should be regarded as a property thereby mandating people to pay tax on it. Cryptocurrency should be seen as money or currency and not as a property.

I agree since Bitcoin price is in Dip state now, But Im sure at the Q4 of the month it will rise again like last years happens.
YellowRose

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:32:29 AM

I think It’s difficult for all to make a tax since Bitcoin value is unstable. There are some loopholes on this directive cause Bitcoin is not only a assets it is in fact a currency by which anyone can bye good in online.
Brutea

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:35:38 AM

i think tax maybe the main reason behind the crash of bitcoin's price. i think authority should create a rules regarding the tax issue. maybe this is the solution for this problem.
PoliteHyena

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:52:47 AM

i don't think this is main issue for bitcoin's crash issue. maybe the tax has some impact on this issue. but i don't think this is the main reason.
BattleHippo

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 09:58:59 AM

The price of Bitcoin is very unstable so it is difficult to make a tax in it. There are many loops on this provision because it is not only a property but also a currency. Using Bitcoin you will be able to buy goods or products online.
Demonster

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:30:07 AM

Bitcoin prices are very volatile, so taxing is hard to do in this. And it is too hard to make a tax on Bitcoin where its market is even bigger than US market. You should follow the trends only. It will make you more profitable.
Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:38:23 AM

Bitcoin is responsible for market crash in order to cross the price. Because the market system was stable and there was no price disaster. But in the last year, Bitcoin can see that it will move very fast and bring profits.

I think that this event is just an advantage for us to make a better living in this system. There's no other way to deal with that and I think it would be best to learn from that. Let's take the lesson it gave us and avoid doing it again. Now that the reason behind has been unfold we should really be careful next time and never do that again.
ribowo76

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

The World's 1st Waste to Green Energy DLT Project

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 11:00:27 AM

The current situation seems very confusing to me, too many perceptions about the fall in the value of bitcoin and altcoin. I think, the current situation tends to be due to the protracted discussion of regulation regarding bitcoin so that it greatly affects prices
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:08:13 AM

I think it was more of maturity than just any other reasons. I think people did learn that what really is feeding the real value of bitcoin are the investors that buys it. And without any actual usage nobody will gain as much. So how did those early investors get their profit? So it is for certain that it was because many are buying and holding it and selling when others came in to invest such that holders gain from the investments of others indirectly.  And now these others we refer to might have made loses and now they are the ones who wanted to retrieve their invested money. And then as time goes by these investors have slowly made it outside the cryptoworld thus making the investor lesser by count. Which then makes the price low due to less demands.
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:10:52 AM

Don't be anxious, Bitcoin platform is a big platform for investors and investing in bitcoin is very profitable for cryptopeole. It is very hard to track all of the transections and get their real identity.
saaux

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:17:21 AM

That's normal because these months are called dead months. so all its investors have many needs to their owners so the ending, the collapse of the price of coins.

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄ PLATIO ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█   Smart Banking Ecosystem   █
▀▄▄▄▀[https://platio.io]▀▄▄▄▀
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 12:59:36 PM

As far as the definition of taxation is concern, the government can not tax bitcoin because it is not a property of that particular country. The property is only taxed if it is acquired in the country by using its resources and its either manpower or natural resources.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
A Feeder

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:50:42 PM

The reason why the price of bitcoin was crash because of the bitcoin holders monitor the rules that are being implemented by various countries regarding bitcoin tax regulations but even that is happened keep fighting that the price go back quickly.
10BTCaDay

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:27:45 PM

The collapse of the price is that the main manipulators are waiting for more people to enter the bitcoin precisely for this is the price drop.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:36:40 PM

We all know that all these crypto currencies are completely volatile in nature and therefore their valuation keeps on flactuation and varies according to market demand and supply and some flactuation in valuation is also contributed by the kind of investment so it is very obvious that higher the number of investors and higher the amount they are investing in crypto, higher will be demand and higher will be the valuation and after the December pump, there are lots of people who sold their coin resulting in decrease in demand and the crash in bitcoin valuation.
bitcoinVPSD

Activity: 442

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 01:40:46 PM

I think we can hardly impose taxes on bitcoins. So, this reason is unreasonable. This is mainly due to whales. They sell it in bulk. Many investors also keep quiet. They waited and did not want to invest at this time.

TARUN GUPTA

Activity: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 03:10:34 PM

Bitcoin investors in the united states are selling off their crypto to pay off capital gain tax. First time investor in bitcoin are faced with large capital gain taxes from the profit they made in 2017.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: