Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:52:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Training & Education  (Read 123 times)
anatolykarpov (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:23:21 PM

Hi all,

I have been searching for true, real, serious education videos, books and similar kinds of stuff.
There are some good resources on Youtube, Udemy, Coursera etc. but none of them is a complete guide about blockchain and related technologies.
Do you know any distance learning program from any universities? It can be like a 2-year master program or a certification program. Of course, needless to say, I can't spend 10k$ - 20k$ for this. I wish but I can't.

Thanks for your help

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
justin86

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 12:56:08 PM

There is no complete guide because nothing is complete, 99% of the course you see on the internet is for beginners, you can learn yoursef, really you don't need them.

anatolykarpov (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

There is no complete guide because nothing is complete, 99% of the course you see on the internet is for beginners, you can learn yourself, really you don't need them.

Of course, I can but I am struggling with too much technical information which had been released in whitepapers.
But they assumed that you had already known the basics.
For example, cryptography is a huge topic itself and someway you can't understand the whitepapers without knowing the mathematical fundamentals.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Kunzaii

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:55:34 PM

Hi all,

I have been searching for true, real, serious education videos, books and similar kinds of stuff.
There are some good resources on Youtube, Udemy, Coursera etc. but none of them is a complete guide about blockchain and related technologies.
Do you know any distance learning program from any universities? It can be like a 2-year master program or a certification program. Of course, needless to say, I can't spend 10k$ - 20k$ for this. I wish but I can't.

Thanks for your help

You can find one here: https://getsmarter.mit.edu/mit-blockchain-technologies-online-short-course-hm/
or here: https://getsmarter.sbs.ox.ac.uk/oxford-blockchain-strategy-programme-hm

Hope this is what you're looking for!
Good luck.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:26:40 PM

There is no complete guide because nothing is complete, 99% of the course you see on the internet is for beginners, you can learn yoursef, really you don't need them.
Agree in a way. Read basics first. Then there is no "single master guide" because like medicine have many many many branches, computer science also. To understand bitcoin/blockchain in full extent you need to learn about cryptography which is separate huge knowledge itself. Then you need to learn about databases, which is also separate huge knowledge iteself. Then about p2p distributed technologies, which is whole network branch of knowledge.

People spend their lifes learning all about this topics. You want quick guide? Good luck Smiley choose knowledge that YOU need, it will be easier and faster.
jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:43:39 PM

You are looking for a university that offers crypto and blockchain technologies but you can't spend $10,000.

If you are time savvy, actually there's a lot of tutorials and guides about these techs on the web. If there will be a course and you'll attend to that, what do you think their course syllabus?

It will depend on the book or reference that they will be depending. Are you sure you have searched through the books as well? have you seen this Top 5 Blockchain Books for New and Advanced Learners?

Signature for rent
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:22:26 AM

How would you define complete? It's funny that you should mention Coursera because it offers a full free course about Bitcoin and related technologies.

WEEK 1
Introduction to Crypto and Cryptocurrencies
Learn about cryptographic building blocks ("primitives") and reason about their security. Work through how these primitives can be used to construct simple cryptocurrencies.

WEEK 2
How Bitcoin Achieves Decentralization
Learn Bitcoin's consensus mechanism and reason about its security. Appreciate how security comes from a combination of technical methods and clever incentive engineering.

WEEK 3
Mechanics of Bitcoin
Learn how the individual components of the Bitcoin protocol make the whole system tick: transactions, script, blocks, and the peer-to-peer network.

WEEK 4
How to Store and Use Bitcoins
This week we'll explore how using Bitcoins works in practice: different ways of storing Bitcoin keys, security measures, and various types of services that allow you to trade and transact with bitcoins.

WEEK 5
Bitcoin Mining
We already know that Bitcoin relies crucially on mining. But who are the miners? How did they get into this? How do they operate? What's the business model like for miners? What impact do they have on the environment?

WEEK 6
Bitcoin and Anonymity
Is Bitcoin anonymous? What does that statement even mean—can we define it rigorously? We'll learn about the various ways to improve Bitcoin's anonymity and privacy and learn about Bitcoin's role in Silk Road and other hidden marketplaces.

WEEK 7
Community, Politics, and Regulation
We'll look at all the ways that the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency technology touches the world of people. We'll discuss the community, politics within Bitcoin and the way that Bitcoin interacts with politics, and law enforcement and regulation issues.

WEEK 8
Alternative Mining Puzzles
Not everyone is happy about how Bitcoin mining works: its energy consumption and the fact that it requires specialized hardware are major sticking points. This week we'll look at how mining can be re-designed in alternative cryptocurrencies.

WEEK 9
Bitcoin as a Platform
One of the most exciting things about Bitcoin technology is its potential to support applications other than currency. We'll study several of these and study the properties of Bitcoin that makes this possible.

WEEK 10
Altcoins and the Cryptocurrency Ecosystem
Hundreds of altcoins, or alternative cryptocurrencies, have been started, either to fix Bitcoin's perceived flaws or to pursue different goals and properties. We'll look at everything that goes into an altcoin and how they interact with Bitcoin.

WEEK 11
The Future of Bitcoin?
The use of Bitcoin technology for decentralizing property, markets, and so on has been hailed as a recipe for economic and political disruption. We'll look at the technological underpinnings of these proposals and the potential impact on society.

That looks fairly complete to me, unless you maybe want to start coding. You may also want to make a list of relevant subjects you're interested in so people may assist you better.

avivsun

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 12:00:34 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for your help

Hi,

Currently, I do not see any master program or long online course, I do suggest that you will learn by yourself

Here are some free and updated resources

Blockchain Definitions

Blockchain Technology Guide

Smart Contracts Guide

Hope it helps
nthere

Activity: 229
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:22:00 PM

I see what topic owner wants to say cuz I was struggling with the same situation.
Blockchain technologies still developing so It's hard to find a complete guide.
It will take some time.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 09:03:02 PM

What kind of certification? General education? Developer? Marketer? ICO founder? That will help our search and the advice we provide. There are several options!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: