Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:45:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin -Investors first choice- bleeds the altcoins  (Read 729 times)
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 06:03:11 AM

We have had upto 30 billion $ leave the market capitalization yet bitcoin holds above 6100$, the result is that the altcoins are bleeding out badly and bitcoin's dominance soaring higher than usual? when will this stop?                 

Why would anyone ask when the bitcoin dominance is going to stop! I wouldn't ask that because I am happy that bitcoin is gaining its originality back again. If altcoin are dropping and thats why you are unhappy then there is nothing one can do about the shitcoins really. Thats why legendary investors keep saying that invest into the bitcoin and not the altcoins because one day will come when altcoins would be untouched and no one will inevst a dime into them and thus making bitcoin go saturn! If you dont want to loose anything then just turn everting into bitcoin and see the market growth. It has only one reason, bitcoin is popular and its more addictive than others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShiftLocker

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:03:16 AM

The Alt market bleeding right now has nothing to do with the Bitcoin dominance because the dominance increased much later than when ALTs started to bleed. Alts are just following the bearish trend right now which is causing the Alt market to crash. The scenario is similar with BTC but not as bad compared to the famous ALT like ETH.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:20:45 AM

BTC dominating crypto world. BTC is best to invest than altcoin but if anyone has different purpose to invest on altcoin then it’s 0k.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:30:28 AM

We have had upto 30 billion $ leave the market capitalization yet bitcoin holds above 6100$, the result is that the altcoins are bleeding out badly and bitcoin's dominance soaring higher than usual? when will this stop?                  

I believe you have totally misunderstood the correlation between Bitcoins and Alts, if you were observing prices you would have noticed that, as and when there's a rise in the prices of bitcoins, a similar kind of movement is seen in the alts market.

However there's something you should know, whenever alts crash they do not recover as fast as bitcoins does, so investing in alts is a huge mistake unless you're sure what you're doing.

In my experience with Bitcoins and Alts, I have always seen that whenever alts take a beating they take long to recover, whereas Bitcoins starts it's recovery faster, primary reason is traded volumes, sentiments of the community, which will always be higher in bitcoins than alts. Hence blaming bitcoins is wrong, Bitcoins is the original crypto and you should focus on it, if you already have alts then simply hodl them as their recovery will take quiet a while.
poonampawan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:30:56 AM

BTC is the first coin and most people believe in BTC more than other coins. Almost all the informed investors have more than 50% of their portfolio in BTC for the same reason and that's why alts are bleeding more than Bitcoin. Trust is the big factor here. This is just a bear market, it'll end sooner or later
louie69

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:33:58 AM

In my views, I think that btc dictates the cryptomarket trend even the earlier times when cryptocurrency had started to emerge. It is actually no longer an issue that btc usually the first one to make an uptrend movement and later the market for altcoins will usually follow. So, investors should not make it a problem as what is important, there will be a bullish market right after the bear market ends.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:42:31 AM

I believe you have totally misunderstood the correlation between Bitcoins and Alts, if you were observing prices you would have noticed that, as and when there's a rise in the prices of bitcoins, a similar kind of movement is seen in the alts market.

Altcoin moves up only when bitcoin prices are stable or less volatile. But when bitcoin prices move up or move down mostly altcoins goes down because if bitcoin goes up people move their funds from altcoins to bitcoin and if bitcoin goes down then in a panic they less even faster altcoins.

However there's something you should know, whenever alts crash they do not recover as fast as bitcoins does, so investing in alts is a huge mistake unless you're sure what you're doing.

If you invest on a good altcoin then they may go up even faster than bitcoin but it all depends on what kind of coin one is holding.

In my experience with Bitcoins and Alts, I have always seen that whenever alts take a beating they take long to recover, whereas Bitcoins starts it's recovery faster, primary reason is traded volumes, sentiments of the community, which will always be higher in bitcoins than alts. Hence blaming bitcoins is wrong, Bitcoins is the original crypto and you should focus on it, if you already have alts then simply hodl them as their recovery will take quiet a while.

I do agree that one has to hold altcoin instead of selling at losses but make sure it is not a shit coin. There is no point in holding shit coins for long.
maichimoto

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:45:29 AM

altcoins are bleeding more now, but that won't be for too long, next bull run is inevitable. Today, tomorrow, hard to tell, but it seems that the market is preparing for something really big
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:49:17 AM

I think we even have more than $80 billion leaving the market cap within the last 3 weeks. With Bitcoin still above $6000, it means the alts have really been severely affected by the market downtown.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
CanyonsBull

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:19:18 AM

It will be very hard to stop the dominance of bitcoin. There is no altcoins which can compete bitcoin now so i think we should accept the dominance. I don't find it harmful for the market.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:11:11 AM

Market start recovery right now. Bitcoin price increasing to $6500 and many good altcoin recover from loss. Bitcoin dominance right now more than 50% and i think its not healthy for market because one coin dominating transaction in market. I am believe this condition will stop in next few months after ETF approved by regulator

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
ImpulseGhost

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:17:06 AM

I don’t think this situation is going to change as majority people are dependent on bitcoin. And price of altcoin is also dominated BTC. So the chance of stop bleeding is very less.
AlexanderCoconut

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:17:47 AM

at the end only bitcoin has the best dev team. but in the meantime there's useful altcoins that solve real problems. 100% sure bitcoin will be the reference store of value.
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 12:19:33 PM

"I think the time when bitcoin goes one direction and the altcoins go the other is ending.
From now on bitcoin will more and more behave just like another coin.
"
hometester

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 01:57:17 PM

at the moment I think altcoin is falling because people are out of the cryptocurrency and not going into bitcoin
fairyvibes

Activity: 95
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:04:03 PM

Bitcoin is just the most widely used crypto, the days of massive gains with bitcoin are over , a lot of us are looking for 10x-100x returns so we moved over to altcoins.
cryptoking252

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:41:54 PM

"The Alts has just had been nuts, I can just throw darts at one and it will go up...getting
scary haha
"
cryptocoinshunter007

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:49:35 PM

"I would go with altcoins rather than BTC. I think Bitcoin will rise in the near term, long
term I think altcoins will dominate."
bitcoinposts

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:12:08 PM

if we want to see the benefits of bitcoin first we need to bear the loss of altcoins madly then later we can see the benefits of both bitcoin and as well as altcoins
DarrinEspacio

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 05:30:12 PM

It is very much normal that if someone wants to invest in crypto and after analyzing the market he obviously finds that bitcoin is the best and more profitable then why he will invest in other.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: