Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new rig, few questions..  (Read 464 times)
ibinsad (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:08:36 PM

Hi,

i am going to buy

PSU n.2 Antec EA-650 Platinum
i hope is ok if i undervolt GPU, then will buy more when expand the rig

UPS n.1 Nilox Line Interactive 2100VA
same as for antec

HD  n.1 Kingston Technology 60GB V300
because i install win 8.1

RAM n.1 Kingston Technology HyperX 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
May i will need 8Gb if use more than 3 gpus?

CPU n.1 sempron 145
i already have , i will put cgminer in realtime process, will use teamviewer few times so the cpu will have not issues right ?

GPU n.3 SAPPHIRE TECHNOLOGY R9 290 tri-x

i was looking for 280x toxic but the price is about 40$ less than the 290 and also if is it real this website
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlhSF602y9DSdHRneWVZcjJLWmhjaVBMTHVCR3l4eHc&usp=sharing#gid=0
shows 290 has best Kh per watt

then i will expand to 6 GPUS i hope there is a tutorial step by step to solve issues of error 43.

MB  n.1 Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Is it ok or it will have issues ?

Cables powered risers usb 3.0
Do i need also > PC Motherboard On/Off/Reset/HD LED/Power LED switch ?

I need to decide R9 290 tri-x vs 280x toxic.
i think to mine 24 h daily i have space and the room is really cold also in summer.

Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ANJULE

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 06:27:34 PM

UPS n.1 Nilox Line Interactive 2100VA
same as for antec

Why UPS? I would not put my money on UPS, unless there are VERY big generator allso outside that auto-starts on power-out + also BIG mining-farm.

RAM n.1 Kingston Technology HyperX 4GB DDR3 1600MHz
May i will need 8Gb if use more than 3 gpus?

I have four GPU's 3x5850 and 1x7850 on one MB with 4Gb of ram. They work just fine, and only 2Gb is used.

Cables powered risers usb 3.0
Do i need also > PC Motherboard On/Off/Reset/HD LED/Power LED switch ?

Yep, you can use usb-risers,, but traditional will do the same. Especially when you're putting your first-three GPU's. There aren't such big distances to the motherboard.
You won't need those leds, but an powerswitch would be nice if you dont want to re-start or force-boot your rig by screwdriver.

then i will expand to 6 GPUS i hope there is a tutorial step by step to solve issues of error 43.
I must admit that I don't know anything about this error. What is it and where does it come from, and only windows?

CoinWare.eu - Just started an online-store that accepts BTC!
For now only few items, but more to come! Shipping allover the World by Express-mail.
Europe: 3-6workdays| USA: 4-7workdays | Rest of the World: 4-11 workdays
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:35:41 PM

Windows 8.1 can support up to 5 dual core GPUs and since the R9 290 are dual core, you would be able to run only 5 of them. If you wanna run 6 or more you'd need Linux.

I think there's a way to bypass the limitation of Windows 8.1, but from what I read it involves some level or risk and might not work at all even if you get everything right.
ibinsad (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 06:47:03 PM

Why UPS? I would not put my money on UPS, unless there are VERY big generator allso outside that auto-starts on power-out + also BIG mining-farm.

if the power fails or there are power surges

I have four GPU's 3x5850 and 1x7850 on one MB with 4Gb of ram. They work just fine, and only 2Gb is used.

because elsewhere i read 8gb suggested for 290

Yep, you can use usb-risers,, but traditional will do the same. Especially when you're putting your first-three GPU's. There aren't such big distances to the motherboard.
You won't need those leds, but an powerswitch would be nice if you dont want to re-start or force-boot your rig by screwdriver.

i bought already 7 usb-risers i will use..
So i will get powerswitch if it is needed

Windows 8.1 can support up to 5 dual core GPUs and since the R9 290 are dual core, you would be able to run only 5 of them. If you wanna run 6 or more you'd need Linux.

I think there's a way to bypass the limitation of Windows 8.1, but from what I read it involves some level or risk and might not work at all even if you get everything right.

So it will be better to install linux like UBUNTU 13 if there is not tutorial to solve that issue right.. ?
i never use it i hope is simple.

I am really not decided between 290 to 280x toxic  Grin
Starscream

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 07:14:11 PM

because elsewhere i read 8gb suggested for 290

That's false. I'm running 3x R9 290 and am using only 2gb of RAM (got 4 gb in my system but in reality less than 2gb are being used).

So it will be better to install linux like UBUNTU 13 if there is not tutorial to solve that issue right.. ?
i never use it i hope is simple.
If you plan on running more than 5 GPUs on 1 rig than yes.
There's a Linux distro going around that's made purely for mining, just search (here in the forum) for BAMT or SMOS - both are easy to use.
ibinsad (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 09:03:31 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 09:19:34 PM by ibinsad

If you plan on running more than 5 GPUs on 1 rig than yes.
There's a Linux distro going around that's made purely for mining, just search (here in the forum) for BAMT or SMOS - both are easy to use.

Which is the best between BAMT or SMOS ?
Are them compatible with all wallets also when there will be new coins ?
Is it possible to monitor the status of the rig using a tool like if cgminer works, if gpu fail etc, is it possible to install teamviewer or similar,  the drivers of hw will be installed automatically?
Can you configure more than 6 gpu if use splitters ?
Like 12 or 18 gpu in the same Motherboard?
ANJULE

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:50:13 AM

Use LitecoinBAMT. It is better than SMOS because SMOS automatically mines for 15mins for the account of the "developer", who
really haven't developed BAMT much at all. And who knoes what else will your miningrig do with SMOS...
LitecoinBAMT is scrypt-ready just like SMOS.

For now only few items, but more to come! Shipping allover the World by Express-mail.
ibinsad (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 11:05:15 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 11:31:51 AM by ibinsad

Use LitecoinBAMT. It is better than SMOS because SMOS automatically mines for 15mins for the account of the "developer", who
really haven't developed BAMT much at all. And who knoes what else will your miningrig do with SMOS...
LitecoinBAMT is scrypt-ready just like SMOS.

Are LitecoinBAMT compatible with all wallets also when there will be new coins ?
Is it possible to monitor the status of the rig using a tool like if cgminer works, if gpu fail etc, is it possible to install teamviewer or similar,  the drivers of hw will be installed automatically ?
Like 12 or 18 gpu in the same Motherboard ?
Is it easy to manage undervolt of gpu ?

Is it easy to install or i need to find all drivers of mb,ethernet, gpu etc..

Thank you
ANJULE

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 03:45:42 PM

Hmm... You ask a lot, maybe better to read, google and study than try to ask all imaginable questions here? There will be many questions that you don't
understand to ask before you read more about this subject.
Even so I try to reply, but do search more info and do come and ask more when you are more "in" to this.
Here it goes:

Are LitecoinBAMT compatible with all wallets also when there will be new coins ?
Keep your wallet off your rig that uses usb-stick for hd! Use your computer and maybe paper wallet... (Google this)

Is it possible to monitor the status of the rig using a tool like if cgminer works, if gpu fail etc, is it possible to install teamviewer or similar,  the drivers of hw will be installed automatically ?
Litecoin BAMT is ready to use, if in trouble search google. Don't know about teamviewer (google this), you can use ssh thru xrdp from your computer to access your rig. Some pools notify when low hash-speed.

Don't know this for sure (google this), but I doubt this. Why use splitters, when they cost as much as MB and you will also need another PSU?

I think that in BAMT/SMOS you can't under-/over-volt GPU's (search google)

Just plug and play, if your USB has been written correctly. Sometimes you have to search for the good quality-stick. (Search google)

As you can see it will save time for you and the people that reply to you, if you search the google first!

ibinsad (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:52:05 PM

Hmm... You ask a lot, maybe better to read, google and study than try to ask all imaginable questions here? There will be many questions that you don't
understand to ask before you read more about this subject.
Even so I try to reply, but do search more info and do come and ask more when you are more "in" to this.
Here it goes:

Keep your wallet off your rig that uses usb-stick for hd! Use your computer and maybe paper wallet... (Google this)

Is it possible to monitor the status of the rig using a tool like if cgminer works, if gpu fail etc, is it possible to install teamviewer or similar,  the drivers of hw will be installed automatically ?
Litecoin BAMT is ready to use, if in trouble search google. Don't know about teamviewer (google this), you can use ssh thru xrdp from your computer to access your rig. Some pools notify when low hash-speed.

Don't know this for sure (google this), but I doubt this. Why use splitters, when they cost as much as MB and you will also need another PSU?

I think that in BAMT/SMOS you can't under-/over-volt GPU's (search google)

Just plug and play, if your USB has been written correctly. Sometimes you have to search for the good quality-stick. (Search google)

As you can see it will save time for you and the people that reply to you, if you search the google first!

Thanks a lot you save me lot of time..

I think to use dual boot so i use win 8.1 to undervolt the GPU's
then use BAMT for mining.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: