Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:35:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CENTRA Founders Starting Another Shady ICO - Phantom Core?  (Read 580 times)
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 295

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:56:59 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2018, 02:24:19 PM by Bowtiesarecool

I've been presented with evidence that Centra founders - or at least the developers behind it - have started another ICO that bears certain similarities with CTR and may or may not be a scam. The OP has requested that I present their evidence here and is willing to supply screenshots if necessary to back up their claim. Below is their original post

Hey everyone,

just sharing/warning people to stay clear of phantom.org as it will only make you lose money and time. I'd hate to see another group of people get tricked and over time get screwed hard.

subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Phantomcore/
Telegram: https://t.me/PhantomCore
Twitter: https://twitter.com/PhantomDotOrg

Background history:

Read:
https://www.crowdfundinsider.com/2018/05/133775-report-centra-tech-founders-plead-not-guilty-in-alleged-fraud-ico/
https://bitcoinist.com/centra-tech-indicted-60-mill-ico-fraud/

THE CENTRA TECH FRAUD
Sorhab Sharma, Raymond Trapani, and Robert Farkas, the three co-founders of Centra Tech allegedly tried to defraud investors via a token sale. They were all arrested in April 2018 and charged with the same crimes. Commenting on the indictment, Deputy U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Robert Khuzami said that:

So why is this a scam?

Technically it isn't just yet. However you do the math. If founders of an ico that has been built on false statements and deception ran by people who had no prior blockchain exp and were basically just trying stuff out and not really knowing what they were doing was legal or better yet knew they were breaking rules but thought it was worth it... I wouldn't trust these guys to be able to make anything durable.

Can I read their side of the events?

Yea prior to launching this new venture of them they created this medium blog post sharing their side of the events: Dear Centra Community — Let the Truth be known

Clearly it has been well formulated and from reading it you almost feel sorry for them. :p Words can be powerful tool.

So why you so certain?

The first ico I worked for was centra as a volunteer. I was not informed nor had I access to what the founders were up to or if what they shared of info was true or false. I was just "a guy" learning ico's and trying to do my job and gain exp. However I wasn't blind either. Without knowing for sure i did feel that the founders were a bit shady in their actions, communiction towards us mods and in how they conducted themselves in private in the mod room. I had no real proof to be fully convinced so I just did my job, quit and moved to the next ico project. Months later centra got hit with a SEC investigation and stuff went ballistic and I knew at that point all my suspicions were not wrong.

On top of that they are already lying to the people right now and deleting/censoring like they did on Centra.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Phantomcore/comments/951j9u/yes_phantom_is_launching_soon_ask_me_anything/
Hi Markerone,

The team members are mainly the developers of the project from Centra and new developers, we are working to make a public announcement of whose going to be involved this week as the Foundation is not going to have a specific owner just board members since this is an open-source project.

We are contacting exchanges and in the process to figure out how to get the credits done appropriately.

Thank you.

Sam Sharma and Robert Farkas and most likely other founding members are actually involved on this and are (the real owners). The idea that a spin off group (the devs are owners aka board members) not controlled or in the pocket off the centra founders is 10%. Just ridiculous.

You could twist this into them being victims in this story of the us government; but if they did their jobs and token sale right then they wouldn't have had any issue that put them, investors  and centra into ruin.

Phantom Transparency Report

Every week we plan to post our Phantom Transparency Report to go over the details of development and other updates we want to share with our community

The idea that they are really transparent and being honest to their supposed community is such a big joke. If they were really transparent they would not lie to their members or delete and censor like unprofessional mad people.

Follow the rest of the saga from the OP here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3248839.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
swissgang

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 06:46:50 PM

Thay may be true because scammers never stop, as there is still little chance for them before regulation they come again.

Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:05:16 PM

If a person was accused as scammed he or she should clear his or her name first that their project was like this and like that before they will be involve in a new one, this project of them is surely just to scam and try to gather money...

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:20:28 PM

Thay may be true because scammers never stop, as there is still little chance for them before regulation they come again.
This is in violation of several laws already. You can't be indicted for one crime and go off starting another operation that looks like the crime you're being indicted for - even if you have to pay legal fees...
That reminds me, which celebrity would they be getting on board now?
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:58:12 PM

The saddest part about this is some loyal followers that never dumped their Centra scamtokens are going to support this to try to salvage their original investment. Pitiful all the way around.
auroboros

Activity: 588
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:31:37 PM

I better look for another, because there are many other projects for investment, because as we all know, Centra is a scam project. and all those involved in it will be difficult to launch new projects because of their previous history. so is better to stay away
Ultra777

Activity: 155

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:58:41 AM

The more info and questions about possible scam project - the better! Please spread the word across the forums! I hate how Centra scammed all supporters and investors...

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:23:21 PM

I better look for another, because there are many other projects for investment, because as we all know, Centra is a scam project. and all those involved in it will be difficult to launch new projects because of their previous history. so is better to stay away

What I find more galling is the fact that they are trying to raise another fund for something similar. They have to do right by the community - especially if their intention is honorable.
coyote50

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 03:07:30 PM

Whether it's a scam or not, better to just stay away from this one. The risk is too high, not worth it
Iyeman

Activity: 1183
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:39:57 PM

Whether it's a scam or not, better to just stay away from this one. The risk is too high, not worth it
It's an obvious scam and you can see the evidence through SEC report about centra was being alleged as a scam project. The CEO of centra has already arrested by US security and phantom just another scam project of centra scammer developers. I heard these scammers have been banning so many people from their telegram group.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 04:15:30 PM

It is more than obvious that it is a scam! They have spent all their stolen money already?
And on advisor board is again Floyd Mayweather? Biig fail.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:29:54 PM

Centra already has a bad reputation for all crypto investors, even though they really want to make a particular project, it will be very difficult to build trust that was once damaged. I myself will choose to stay away from their project.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:54:44 PM

It's an obvious scam and you can see the evidence through SEC report about centra was being alleged as a scam project. The CEO of centra has already arrested by US security and phantom just another scam project of centra scammer developers. I heard these scammers have been banning so many people from their telegram group.

I hope people will not be fooled for the second time. Even if they now have good intentions, which I do not believe, the crypto community should show that there is no place for cheaters. The best solution is not to get involved in this project.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
wongdeso

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:42:09 PM

Centra already has a bad reputation for all crypto investors, even though they really want to make a particular project, it will be very difficult to build trust that was once damaged. I myself will choose to stay away from their project.

They need time to get that trust. It may not be a place for him in the hearts of investors, but if their goal is a novice investor, it may be easier to pursue.
Maks.fadeev1978

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

"JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO!"

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:02:55 PM

I've heard about centra and I really thought that everyone knows that this is a scam and their founders are going to jail but I really surprised when I saw your topic.
Maybe if you're have such evidence you should post thread on scam accusation? That more people will know about their new "ICO".

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 08:53:12 PM

Good innovation but still the same concept like CENTRA which is a card and now they added up other things to make it more appealing but only fool people would fall twice for these obvious scams.

Phantom Core
Launch a full node right from your desktop

Phantom Smart Card
Decentralized NFC Payment Card

Phantom Merchant Unit
Start accepting cryptocurrencies at your business today.

Bowtiesarecool (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:41:21 PM

Good innovation but still the same concept like CENTRA which is a card and now they added up other things to make it more appealing but only fool people would fall twice for these obvious scams.

Phantom Core
Launch a full node right from your desktop

Phantom Smart Card
Decentralized NFC Payment Card

Phantom Merchant Unit
Start accepting cryptocurrencies at your business today.

It's amazing that all they just bothered to do was to reskin Centra and try to pass off the framework as another product. Hopefully, the SEC is gonna pick up on this too
Luigi21

Activity: 644
Merit: 262

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:00:24 PM

I hope that they'll never start a new project they scammed a lot of people and also me in its bounty campaign, fortunately I haven't invested in it even if I wasted some of my time

╔══════╗
zenfuze
╚══════╝
REVOLUTIONARY TRADING PLATFORM
[  The ultimate solution for cryptocurrency trading  ]
[    with built-in connectivity  to major exchanges    ]
████████████████████
████████████████████
████▀█████▀  ▀▀▀████
████   ▀▀      █████
████▄         ██████
█████▄       ███████
██▄      ▄▄█████████
████████████████████
████████████████████

████████████████████
████████████████████
████  ██████████████
████▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████  ███  ▄▄▄  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████  ███  ███  ████
████████████████████
████████████████████

Zenfuse is developed to
REVOLUTIONIZE
your trading experience
╔══════╗
trading
╚══════╝
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:47:19 PM

Holy cow!, i guess it's really sketchy but i'll be trying to find out if this one's true. well if this team is from centra team i'll be staying away from it for sure. It will be a sure scam for sure. Thank you in advance for the good info if this one's legit hope there will be no incoming investment for this so no one will be scammed again.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
mehrdadb3

Activity: 159
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 04:48:09 PM

Why centra team if they are free wont bring back the money of the investors? Huh
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: