Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:04:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Awesome. I was SOOOO RIGHT!  (Read 3993 times)
HappyFunnyFoo (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 07:27:54 PM

Who here put their live savings into bitcoin?

oh gawsh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 07:42:36 PM

GTFO
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 07:46:45 PM

oh gawsh

I'm still up over 500%.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
rTech

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

Trust but confirm!

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 07:47:22 PM

Wow another Troll found. Get a life!

allten

Activity: 455
Merit: 250

You Don't Bitcoin 'till You Mint Coin

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 10:37:34 PM

oh gawsh

The market is mature enough to short.
How much of your savings did you use to short bitcoin?
If none, then next time put your money where your mouth is.

Life savings into bitcoin is unwise, but I do have my mind and heart invested fully to make it succeed.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 11:18:47 AM

i thought Bitcoin was bad b/c its a deflationary currency, rising in value with time, thus encouraging hoarding?

now Bitcoin is bad b/c its an inflationary currency, dropping in value with time, thus encouraging selling?
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 12:58:59 PM

oh gawsh

you TROOOOOL !!

Watch out when you get out of the office at night: Wall Street may be occupied.

HappyFunnyFoo (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2011, 10:25:13 PM

The difference between a troll and a non-troll is hard to tell until the troll is proven right. Smiley  I just choose the path of less risk and hold things with value - less money is made, but less is lost.  I did lose $15 on bitcoin though, granted.
Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2011, 10:18:07 PM

The difference between a troll and a non-troll is hard to tell until the troll is proven right. Smiley  I just choose the path of less risk and hold things with value - less money is made, but less is lost.  I did lose $15 on bitcoin though, granted.
I feel sorry for you: your wealth (if you have any) is your prison.
Bitcoin is not a speculation vehicle.
Bitcoin is about regaining a degree of freedom that has been taken away from the people legally but illegitimately.

kiyote

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2011, 05:30:31 AM

Trolololol  Wink
HappyFunnyFoo (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 12:27:01 AM

LOL @ bitcoin is not a speculation vehicle.

95%+ of bitcoins are held by speculators.  You guys should go buy gold with the rest of your money so that you can lose another 90% of your value over the next three years.

How does it feel getting slowly wiped out guys?  Good?  I wouldn't know.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 08:31:02 PM

Fun? Informative? Exciting?
How does it feel being so poor you can't even throw away a few grand on crazy ideas without worrying about loosing money, just for the heck of it? Bad? I wouldn't know.

Trying investing in Solidcoin, and you'll have a pretty good idea.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 09:29:00 PM

oh gawsh

I don't know whether you'll be proven right or wrong, but it's surely absurd to be making calls one way or another right now. Or a year from now. Or five years from now. In about 10 years, I'll call it a fair time period over which to make the assessment.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 09:38:57 PM

Fun? Informative? Exciting?
How does it feel being so poor you can't even throw away a few grand on crazy ideas without worrying about loosing money, just for the heck of it? Bad? I wouldn't know.

Trying investing in Solidcoin, and you'll have a pretty good idea.

I said "crazy ideas," not "stupid ideas."
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 02:40:20 AM

I'm still feeling quite good, thanks for asking. Yay Bitcoin! Cool

If you want to see me in a less positive mood, wait for another >50% down. But unless Bitcoin really looks in danger of dying, I'm not so much shaken. Bubbles don't have soft landings, doesn't everyone know that? Relax 'n watch the touchdown.

Picking a better topic text would improve the thread btw.
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2011, 02:56:08 PM

95%+ 100% of bitcoins money is held by speculators.  

By definition.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 12:37:22 AM

LOL @ bitcoin is not a speculation vehicle.

95%+ of bitcoins are held by speculators.  You guys should go buy gold with the rest of your money so that you can lose another 90% of your value over the next three years.

Bump.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: