Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 12:04:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MT GOX ACTION THREAD  (Read 1714 times)
dascorpion (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 08:37:50 PM

Someone who is a regular on this forum, please make a thread that composes the lawsuits and actions into one area so we are all united against the crooks at MT Gox.
I have contacted http://www.selachii.co.uk/solicitors-blog/mt-gox-crisis-investors/ 
And i'm going to file here https://www.ic3.gov

This is the time for action, and furthermore if Mt Gox is disciplined it will only bring bitcoin to new levels.
mtgox_stole_my_btc

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 10:40:25 PM

Someone who is a regular on this forum, please make a thread that composes the lawsuits and actions into one area so we are all united against the crooks at MT Gox.

This is the time for action, and furthermore if Mt Gox is disciplined it will only bring bitcoin to new levels.

I wholeheartedly concur. I'm looking into the best way to get a non-trivial amount of BTC back from Gox, and a central place with the information there is would be very helpful.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:26:19 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 11:48:29 PM by repentance

I wholeheartedly concur. I'm looking into the best way to get a non-trivial amount of BTC back from Gox, and a central place with the information there is would be very helpful.

No-one can tell you the best way because no-one knows MtGox's actual financial situation.  There are numerous threads in this sub-forum on the various options being explored by others, but the viability of those options depends on information we simply don't have at the moment.

You pretty much need to read the threads about each of the options and weigh up the pros and cons of each for yourself.  If you want someone else to decide the best option for you, then you need to consult a lawyer.  If you consult a lawyer, then you need to remember that a lawyer in your own jurisdiction may have no familiarity whatsoever with Japanese legal processes and that actions taken by others may render your own intended actions futile.  Any lawyer who tells you that recovering your funds will be simple is lying.

For what it's worth, FinCEN has acknowledged awareness of the reports regarding MtGox.

Steve Hudak, spokesman for Treasury's anti-money laundering unit, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), said it is "aware of the reports regarding Mt. Gox" but had no additional comment. To date it is the only U.S. regulatory agency to have any oversight of Mt. Gox.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/25/us-mtgox-website-idUSBREA1O07920140225

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcoinsolicitor

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Bitcoin Lawyer in Kensington, London

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 01:16:23 PM

I have contacted http://www.selachii.co.uk/solicitors-blog/mt-gox-crisis-investors/ 
And i'm going to file here https://www.ic3.gov

We have been contacted by numerous individuals all over the world who want to bring a class action against Mt Gox.

The list grows on an hourly basis.

If you have been affected by the closure of Mt Gox please email me at info(at)selachii.co.uk - we are gathering information now.

Regards

Richard Howlett
Solicitor

Selachii LLP
131c Kensington Church Street, Notting Hill, London, W8 7LP
Tel: + 44 (0) 20 7792 5649
www.selachii.co.uk
abit2slo

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:07:05 AM

No-one can tell you the best way because no-one knows MtGox's actual financial situation.  There are numerous threads in this sub-forum on the various options being explored by others, but the viability of those options depends on information we simply don't have at the moment.

You pretty much need to read the threads about each of the options and weigh up the pros and cons of each for yourself.  If you want someone else to decide the best option for you, then you need to consult a lawyer.  If you consult a lawyer, then you need to remember that a lawyer in your own jurisdiction may have no familiarity whatsoever with Japanese legal processes and that actions taken by others may render your own intended actions futile.  Any lawyer who tells you that recovering your funds will be simple is lying.

For what it's worth, FinCEN has acknowledged awareness of the reports regarding MtGox.

Steve Hudak, spokesman for Treasury's anti-money laundering unit, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), said it is "aware of the reports regarding Mt. Gox" but had no additional comment. To date it is the only U.S. regulatory agency to have any oversight of Mt. Gox.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/02/25/us-mtgox-website-idUSBREA1O07920140225

SO you think that the best decision right now is to wait till we got information about their financial situation? What if we will never know it?

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 04:45:12 PM

and the connection to this website as well they have stood behind this worthless company gox all along

they ridiculed me when i complained about gox a year ago disrespected me I will chase this forum

for compensation if its the last thing I ever do  Angry

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
apple_tree

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 06:49:11 PM

Guys,

I still looking for answer. Are we wasting our time to mining bitcoins? Mt. gox has been declare bankruptcy. So how to withdraw our bitcoins?
Kava_Kauboi

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 07:22:23 PM

Thinking about getting aboard with Selachii LLP. Don't have many other legal options so far. If there are any Japanese firms pursuing this please contact me.
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:32:57 PM

Thinking about getting aboard with Selachii LLP. Don't have many other legal options so far. If there are any Japanese firms pursuing this please contact me.

Me too.

Timerondsc

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 07:49:31 AM

Do you really think that if Mt Gox is disciplined it will only bring bitcoin to new levels? I have many doubts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: