Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:13:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dont Get Discouraged My Brothers.  (Read 9216 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 02:21:36 PM

This thread was mentioned in this article, which was picked up by /.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/10/bitcoin-implodes-down-more-than-90-percent-from-june-peak.ars

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
petercyr

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 03:12:55 PM

"debating how low the price can fall before the currency is declared dead"

Bitcoin can still be use for payment regardless of its value. The only thing that will happen if the price gets really low is we'll lose some people who were in it for a quick buck. Whether the value is $30 or $0.30, I can still buy some and spend some. As long as people own some and there's a reason to move them around, bitcoin will live on.

I just wish it was easier to find stuff you actually want to spend them on.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:10:59 PM

Bitcoin can still be use for payment regardless of its value. The only thing that will happen if the price gets really low is we'll lose some people who were in it for a quick buck. Whether the value is $30 or $0.30, I can still buy some and spend some. As long as people own some and there's a reason to move them around, bitcoin will live on.

You talk as if bitcoin is stable enough to just spend $100 buying bitcoins, then spend those bitcoins to buy $100 worth of stuff.  It isn't.  Sure, you can still perform transaction in bitcoin.  The problem is that it doesn't store value well at all.  For all practical purposes bitcoin is done for at this point.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 04:21:00 PM

You talk as if bitcoin is stable enough to just spend $100 buying bitcoins, then spend those bitcoins to buy $100 worth of stuff.  It isn't.  Sure, you can still perform transaction in bitcoin.  The problem is that it doesn't store value well at all.  For all practical purposes bitcoin is done for at this point.

Discouraged!Depress!Demoralize!Deflate!

will you stop it already you've been at it for days now....

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 04:24:08 PM

I'm just trying to combat nonsensical religious defenses of bitcoin.  The mere fact that we can still buy stuff with bitcoins is, when you take into consideration other important factors, a horrible reason to get into bitcoins.  I wish bitcoin had succeeded.  I really do, but we all ruined this thing and the sooner it's over, the better.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 04:27:58 PM

I'm just trying to combat nonsensical religious defenses of bitcoin.  The mere fact that we can still buy stuff with bitcoins is, when you take into consideration other important factors, a horrible reason to get into bitcoins.  I wish bitcoin had succeeded.  I really do, but we all ruined this thing and the sooner it's over, the better.

are you holding any coins?

Gameover

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

NEURAL.CLUB - FIRST SOCIAL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 05:56:47 PM

So true, these idiots who think they will hold bitcoins if the price is $100 or $0.01 are delusional.  There is only one reserve currency in the world, USD, everything is priced in it, it doesn't matter if it is Swiss francs, Renminbi, Gold, pigs, cucumbers, or band aids.  If BTC value goes down, yes you dumbasses, your 100 BTC goes down in value also.  The market has peaked and is in for a slow long decline to base value of a bitcoin, which is nearly 0 since people can mine them for free on other peoples hardware, and the sunk costs in the ASICS are producing bitcoins for free as well.  Those of you hoarding your bitcoins in hopes of $50 value, or even $10 are in for a long sore lesson.  Price will slowly sink to $1 where there is probably some emotional resistance and it will bounce around, and then sink lower.

NEURAL.CLUB - FIRST SOCIAL ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 06:01:53 PM

So true, these idiots who think they will hold bitcoins if the price is $100 or $0.01 are delusional.  There is only one reserve currency in the world, USD, everything is priced in it, it doesn't matter if it is Swiss francs, Renminbi, Gold, pigs, cucumbers, or band aids.  If BTC value goes down, yes you dumbasses, your 100 BTC goes down in value also.  The market has peaked and is in for a slow long decline to base value of a bitcoin, which is nearly 0 since people can mine them for free on other peoples hardware, and the sunk costs in the ASICS are producing bitcoins for free as well.  Those of you hoarding your bitcoins in hopes of $50 value, or even $10 are in for a long sore lesson.  Price will slowly sink to $1 where there is probably some emotional resistance and it will bounce around, and then sink lower.
While I agree with you, we can all still be VERY wrong Smiley.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 06:10:01 PM

risk and reward...

if i risk 25$ and the potential reward is 100$

and the odds are be 1/3

its a bet you have to make

Pages: « 1 [2]  All