Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 11:51:15 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Question to coin creators  (Read 370 times)
Okele (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:18:36 PM

Would any of you have any interest in adding my video card calculator to your coins website?

www.cryptocardcalc.com
Zimbabwecoin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 11:46:27 PM

We have not launched our coin yet. But, it looks like a good idea. Anything to help customers figure out what they are getting themselves into with the coin is helpful.

How would someone add your calculator? What are you looking to get from having coins use your calculator?

Planning to launch Zimbabwecoin in the future. Focused on building a community around it now.
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:55:05 PM

This is the situation we're in....miners are customers now.
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

Hi Zim,

To be honest I don't know.

Currently Im thinking that I would just hand code the calculator to the coins color specifications. I'm not sure if charging for the service would be a good idea or not, especially with new coins. But I would like to generate something from it.  I'm open for ideas. Adding the calculator would be fairly easy and would probably just run off of iframe tags. Thoughts?
Okele (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:25:22 PM

I have decided to go ahead with making the calculator available to coin developers.

However I need some feedback.

For the calculator to work properly the coin needs to have a value. Either coin to BTC, coin to LTC, or coin to Fiat. I could redesign the calculator and strip away the value parts of it, but it would render the ROI properties of the calculator useless, especially where new coins are concerned. I would also need to change the way the calculator works. Currently it is designed to tell a user how many cards they are projected to need based on the daily value they want to make. If the coin has no value to speak of yet, then that part of the calculator really isn't needed.

In the case of developers who already have an established coin, there really would be no need to change the calculator except where it pertains to their coin, as it would be only one of two coins listed. The other being LTC, as that's the godfather of scrypt mining.

So with that said, my current plan is to redevelop the calculator for distribution usage for new coin developers. I haven't worked out exactly how it will be distributed, but I think the easiest way is to do an iframe base. Unless I can figure out how to make it into a download, which would probably be better for you guys. Problem with that is compatability with other languages.

Anyway enough rambling. Im open for suggestions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: