Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What could be the next decentralized altcoin that might be a medium of exchange?  (Read 375 times)
LateMoveR52

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 12:39:03 PM

Gemini is very useful alcoin. There are many advantages of this digital asset. They provide users  with excellent security, low transaction fees, efficient functionality. This platform is very user friendly and users get good liquidity here.
Catesknee

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:44:07 PM

For the newbies in crypto coinbase is a perfect choice. Their customer service is truly good. Best thing about them is they accept all kinds f debit/credit cards and bank transfer and the verification is very quick and easy.
tiplols

Activity: 208

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:52:32 PM

I would say Ripple altcoin. This is one of the most promising altcoin. Many financial institutes already start testing the technologies of Ripple. The best feature of this digital asset is it is highly scalable
BItCoinPidger

Activity: 162

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:59:37 PM

Yeah definitely bitcoin will become the digital gold. And cryptocurrency is really dominating the world economy and the whole world actually trying to involve I must say as it has really good potential.
Alone055

Activity: 1064
Merit: 212

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 02:02:09 PM

No decentralized cryptocurrency can ever replace FIAT because of their volatility. Their worth keep changing in minutes, or seconds sometimes. And that would not be an ideal scenario for very big economical exchanges between countries. The value of goods bought using the currency can either go down or go up according to the movement of the currency used for it, and in case it is a cryptocurrency, it can either boost up the economy of the country or bring it down in a blink of an eye. So I don't think it would really work, as long as they (cryptocurrencies) keep changing values, which is their nature and unchangeable, I guess.

happy weblancer

Activity: 518
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:02:20 PM

I think that cryptocurrency is a convenient means of payment. It does not need to be converted, it can be paid for goods and services quickly and conveniently (if the problem with the speed of Bitcoin and Eth transactions is solved). The popularization of cryptocurrency is spreading with great speed. So the time when crypto will become a universal currency is very close, 10-15 years.
thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:02:43 PM

Bitcoin is great! it will be the next digital gold (gold 2.0) a great store of value with only 21M coins.

But when will the revolution reach the medium of exchange sector?

When will a cryptocurrency replace FIAT?

What is needed in order for that to happen? some ppl say LN (lightning network) will help, and that the issue is scalability.

I think it is in the monetary system. people will prefer to HODL the BTC, and use the USD to buy stuff.

What do you think?
Well it can be!
There is no permanent in this world except change. People always have the mentality to change and adapt to the environment and it usual for us to adapt crypto coin in substitution with the fiat currency. But there are always a limit with this and I think it will become hard for bitcoin to be a medium of exchange when there is a banning of government.
sunlitit654

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:06:13 PM

Bitcoin is more popular in crypto market. it is made by advance technology. it will make more profit for investor thats why people are more interested to invest here. but it is following liquidity that's why anything can happen.it will take place if revaluation here. i think bitcoin will turn around.
overst

Activity: 226

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:10:02 PM

FIAT can never be replaced by crypto currency. Because if this going to happen then all the countries should have to accept this currency but which is not possible as some dominating countries already banned it.
Treasurer

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 02:33:50 PM

I think that in the next 5 years, crypto will be used alongside with fiat money, but in small tourist shops or when paying for tourist services. However, while dollar and euro will remain at their main positions in the world.
Brianlee0112

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:29:06 PM

Speaking of altcoins the first name that comes to mind is Ethereum. This cryptocurrency has pretty good chance to be a medium of exchange if it can develop its technology to increase the scalability.
petloer

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 05:40:08 PM

Having faster transaction rate than BTC, the Litecoin is one of best altcoin exist right now. Purchasing Litecoin is quite easy. I think it can be a good medium of exchange as it has good scalability.
herodrx

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:51:49 PM

you are right, Bitcoin is great. it is more secure and profitable. it is more popular in crypto market. if their is gone to a reveliation ETH should take this place. people should HODL the Bitcoin and they use USD.
mcculum0010

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:27:55 PM

I can always say that Ethereum is having a potential to change Bitcoin in the throne of cryptocurrency, but but right now I believe that Ethereum is really far from being that, maybe next 2 years.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:31:55 PM

Bitcoin is great! it will be the next digital gold (gold 2.0) a great store of value with only 21M coins.

But when will the revolution reach the medium of exchange sector?

When will a cryptocurrency replace FIAT?

What is needed in order for that to happen? some ppl say LN (lightning network) will help, and that the issue is scalability.

I think it is in the monetary system. people will prefer to HODL the BTC, and use the USD to buy stuff.

What do you think?

I dont think cryptocurrency will replace FIAT . Remember that there is still alot of people that dont use internet or any other new technology like smartphones and stuff like that . Maybe it will be like alternative to FIAT , but not to replace it Wink Its too early for that . And elite would not let to replace FIAT so Easily lol
alanfox

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 08:47:41 PM

bitcoin is now one of the top trustable coin in cryptomarket. bitcoin used the blockchain technology and there are some coins come to market which used lighting network to defeat the bitcoin. hopefully they can. let's see what happened.
donhill

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:18:50 PM

Crypto market is now one of the popular coin in all over the world. there are some altcoin come in the market. like ethereum,EOS. hope people will show their interest on this as they now showing in bitcoin.
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

I don't think crypto will ever replace fiat and cash.
The more realistic scenario is that they both exist.

The thing is, btc will never be able to be used as a global currency.
It is too slow and expensive.
why would someone use btc to pay for something when it costs $5 - $20 dollars for transactions and can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple hours to go through?

If a crypto does get used like cash for normal, everyday purchases, it won't be any of the old blockchains.
It will be the blockchain 3.0 projects like nano, byteball, or iota.

These coins are free, fast, and scalable.
There's no way people will use other things when there are better options to be had.
but don't take my word for it, try it out, once you use nano you will never go back to a normal blockchain again.

markluis

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:06:58 PM

Most of the altcoin are being popular in crypto market. Investors are trying to find the potential one. On the other hand Bitcoin is a popular coin for many years. I hope , within some years people will accept crypto as their main currency.
voltagecrypto

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 12:40:00 AM

People hold their BTC for getting profits and other altcoin are increasing their popularity very fast. Now people trust on cryptoindustries. So in near future most of the people will prefere cryptocurrency for their transections.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: